.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 7th, 2010, 01:21 PM

First Lieutenant

13lackGu4rd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EA: Vanilla, Newbie game [GOOD AGAIN!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humakty View Post
@all : I went AI for several reasons, mostly very personnal ones I wont expose here, but also because the pace of PBEM games tends not to fit with what I like (really too slow).
personal reasons are fine, turning AI in your position however is NOT!

Quote:
The way people reacted make me think that I should have stalled, which is stupid, because the AI actually plays its turns (and I guess it will use my kitted thug, and my mages already recruited), even if in a non optimal way. Stagger Lee would already be sitting in my cap if I had stalled for two or more turns. Finding a sub can take some time, and I really couldn't play in the meanwhile.
no, you should have started looking for a sub, not stall! do your turns until you find a sub or ask the host to freeze the game until you find 1 if it's so bad for you to continue, but turning it AI was like the worst thing you could have done, especially now that it won't be reversed!

Quote:
So I'm not going AI because of a bad position (actually I went to war because I was in a bad position !), I have no other games ongoing and probably won't ever partake in another PBEM game. Especially looking at the reactions of some guys around here. (I knew I should have corrupted some of you with gems, just so that you wouldn't come crying).
no, that's very far from the truth. we're "crying" because you grossly disrupted the game balance, not because you didn't bribe us! please stop making a fool out of yourself...

Quote:
Actually a guy replacing me would have found an effective demon factory, but not much more due to bad choices in the first 20 turns (my bless was a bit too mild too, I wanted average scales, which is stupid with a sacred troop strategy, as you can't buff troops as you do with thugs), and it would have required an experienced player to turn the tides of the war once more. The only good point being the impressive gem income, but I lacked mages and research to exploit it in the very short delay I had.
are you kidding? not having a huge bless for Lanka is not as bad as you might think, heck having average scales benefits Lanka just like any other nation, so it wasn't a game breaking choice at all! also, this is a newbie game, so obviously we're all expected to make mistakes and learn from them, you on the other hand instantly threw out the towel as soon as you failed capturing TC's capital and saw his counter attack. this is nothing short of cowardice, and instead of learning from your mistake and moving forward you've decided to alienate yourself.

also, even if your position was actually bad, not like it is now, than you should have still started looking for a sub. maybe an intermediate player would have carried on for you and actually do well against us newbies. maybe someone else would have come in and lost horrible(due to your mistakes), but even than at least he gave out a fight to whoever killed him, the AI on the other hand is just awful!

Quote:
I swear I haven't helped anyone in any way, be it with gems/gold/whatever.
well, we're all newbies so I don't expect you to realize this on your own but you actually did help a few people, A LOT in fact! those people are your neighbors, and especially TC who you were at war with before going AI. now TC will roll over the AI easily and win a war he shouldn't have won, or at least not so easily. your other neighbors(Ermor perhaps) can also take some easy land now that you've turned AI, which gives them an unfair advantage over the rest of the players.

this, by the way, is the reason why I and many others around here are so angry with people just dropping the towel and going AI when they were in a perfectly playable position! but well, you've decided to give up on PBEMs altogether, so you won't really suffer the consequences of this action of yours, which would have been allowing you to play in PBEM games because of your attitude and actions.

but oh well, you've ruined our game already, at least you seem to be wanting to stay out. hopefully your neighbors won't have to large of an advantage from your sudden vanishing so we'll still have a decent game going...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 13lackGu4rd For This Useful Post:
Old April 7th, 2010, 06:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

Humakty is on a distinguished road

@13lackGu4rd : Oh booh, poor yourself, condemned to loose your war with ermor because of my actions (and also your crappy playstyle). I'll go into an hundred years mourning, in the hope you'll forgive me one day. Or hope you grow up and become a strategist, able to react properly to unplanned events.

Of course I'm willing to stay out, playing with peoples like you is an offend to common sense !

Please consider this answer as valid for any other very offending post in the vein of the above one.

Senior member of the GLIN !
Old April 7th, 2010, 07:10 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humakty View Post
@13lackGu4rd : Oh booh, poor yourself, condemned to loose your war with ermor because of my actions (and also your crappy playstyle). I'll go into an hundred years mourning, in the hope you'll forgive me one day. Or hope you grow up and become a strategist, able to react properly to unplanned events.

Of course I'm willing to stay out, playing with peoples like you is an offend to common sense !

Please consider this answer as valid for any other very offending post in the vein of the above one.
actually, this has nothing to do about me and my own personal war. it has to do with the entire game. too bad you've just proven to be a noob instead of a newbie but oh well, each to his own I guess, but at least I won't see seeing you around here often(well, at least according to your own words)...
Old April 8th, 2010, 05:07 AM

Corporal

Num is on a distinguished road

Well, no need for trash-talking. It is completely useless.

Actually (As I already say to Stagger Lee), I will not grab anything from Lanka : I am attacking C'tis and be attacked by Vanheim, so there is no way I can take benefit from Humakty's leaving. I regret it.
Old April 9th, 2010, 05:54 AM

Sergeant

GameExtremist is on a distinguished road

Well now that C'tis has just declared war on every other nation. We need to dispel "Burden of Time" very soon.

Who here can cast dispel? Unfortunately I won't be able to cast for a few turns.

If each nation can supply at least 20 (more is better for a better chance of dispel) astral gems to the caster.

Without a dispel we're all pretty much screwed.

Anyone else that trades gems with C'tis is a fool, I strongly recommend against it.

~Ulm
Old April 9th, 2010, 08:54 AM

Corporal

Num is on a distinguished road

Death is just a matter of time, you know ?

That is probably our fate...

Old April 9th, 2010, 12:23 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameExtremist View Post
Well now that C'tis has just declared war on every other nation. We need to dispel "Burden of Time" very soon.

Who here can cast dispel? Unfortunately I won't be able to cast for a few turns.

If each nation can supply at least 20 (more is better for a better chance of dispel) astral gems to the caster.

Without a dispel we're all pretty much screwed.

Anyone else that trades gems with C'tis is a fool, I strongly recommend against it.

~Ulm
lol... Burden of Time is not as bad as Arcane Nexus, Forge of the Ancients, Arcane Corruption or Utter Dark... heck, if you don't have any old guys and have plenty of Death mages(say Sauromatia, Helheim, etc) than you won't suffer too much from it at all... yeah we'll all get the occasional old age but I used it mainly against Ermor who I'm at war with, shouldn't be too harmful for plenty of you guys...
Old April 9th, 2010, 12:47 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Ruler of Ctis thinks his expensive global is no threat to others, should be ignored and that ganging up on him or dispelling it is not necessary.

Makes you wonder why he cast it then.

This is a fun read, this thread :]
Old April 9th, 2010, 12:51 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombre View Post
Ruler of Ctis thinks his expensive global is no threat to others, should be ignored and that ganging up on him or dispelling it is not necessary.

Makes you wonder why he cast it then.

This is a fun read, this thread :]
never said it was no threat, all I said was that it wasn't as much of a threat as those other nasty globals I mentioned... also I clearly said why I cast it, as a defensive measure against Ermor and his old Augur Elders and almost old Augurs...
Old April 9th, 2010, 12:52 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Oooh, someone's mighty defensive about their harmless global.