.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old January 12th, 2009, 05:44 AM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: DAR: Poland

Very interesting like your format and initial briefing map. Keep'em coming!

Bob out

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe
Old January 12th, 2009, 05:26 PM

Private

WarrenOzz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Poland

Totally agree with PanzerBob`s post - keep them coming!

Like you when the new patch came out started my long campaign again. I have found that through trial and error (experience!) I have adopted most of the advice you have gave to me.
Old January 13th, 2009, 04:41 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road

Turn 17

Got a little careless up near Hill 3 and drove a tank into an ambush of an ATR. Infantry is working it's way forward for support against situations like that. Enemy infantry is running in this area. I'll need infantry to pick through the woods to avoid losing any more tanks. Enemy artillery is hitting Hill 2 and life for one squad covering a flag has been better. I'm going to move it forward if I can so it will cover the flag from a safer distance.

I'm still seeing more enemy infantry approaching the gap between Hill 1 and 2. My defending force is thin here, but I'm sure they can hold the enemy off. I took a few casualties, but the enemy took more.

I'm not sure, but I think the enemy is down to only four tanks left. At least that is all I can see. Three are at the eastern edge of Hill 1 and a fourth is farther out. I hope to thin those out some. In the meantime, my tanks and infantry on Hill 1 have been raking fire all over the enemy in the field to our front. My limited remaining artillery managed to have a couple of guns hit the infantry in the field. For the most part, the enemy infantry is pulling back. The tank reserve HQ section is pulling around to the rear of these troops with the intention of hitting them from behind. The squad on the road that was with them is moving forward. One trailing enemy tank was destroyed by an ATG.

The last tank near the South Woods was destroyed by my tanks. Infantry and tanks are moving east now, pushing the enemy as we advance. Too bad this isn't up north where there are more flags to capture.

Enemy counter battery fire has stopped, so I should be able to get a total of eight guns back into action shortly. Several still need ammo. As for the other guns, as I mentioned earlier, four crews left and four more look like they aren't going to recover.

Casualties

Friendly: One PzKw IIIb/d (s) tank destroyed and estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Two FT-18 tanks and estimated 25 casualties.
Old January 13th, 2009, 04:44 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanzerBob View Post
Very interesting like your format and initial briefing map. Keep'em coming!

Bob out
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenOzz View Post
Totally agree with PanzerBob`s post - keep them coming!

Like you when the new patch came out started my long campaign again. I have found that through trial and error (experience!) I have adopted most of the advice you have gave to me.
Thanks for the positive comments guys
Old January 13th, 2009, 07:47 PM

Captain

Turn 18

Infrantry is advancing on Hill 3 while tanks are holding position and engaging enemy. Most enemy infantry is on the run in this area now. They did drop some artillery on a couple of tanks which will take this as a sign to move. No casualties in this area, but the enemy took a beating.

Gap force is still holding ground, but a few infantry units from in front of Hill 1 are moving into the area. One of my scouts was sent running, but otherwise, we are holding our positions well.

Three of the four enemy tanks in front of Hill 1 were destroyed. That leave once, which shouldn't survive the turn. Their infantry is pulling back for the most part. Some 500m away in the tree line are maintaining order, but the ones in the field are retreating. My forces are starting to slowly push forward.

Enemy infantry east of South Woods is generally running. A few popped off a shot or two, but paid for their bravery. My forces continue to move east in this sector.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Three 7TP tanks destroyed and estimated 30 casualties.
Old January 13th, 2009, 08:29 PM

Captain

Turn 19

One enemy infantry squad moved forward drawing a lot of fire from my units. The remaining enemy are retreating. Lead elements of my force are on the western slope of Hill 3 at the moment, while some infantry is moving in the woods south of the hill.

The only real enemy resistance is still in front of the gap between Hills 1 and 2, probably because I don't have enough here to break them. I have only two tanks and three squads in this area. For the most part, things are static on both sides here.

Infantry and tanks moving slowly forward from Hill 1. Enemy resistance is light. There is about one company of enemy here, but most are running. The last tank in this sector have been destroyed.

Two more tanks seen in east of South Woods, but aren't really a threat since they are older models. The amount of enemy infantry visible has reduced in half as most are running.

No artillery fired on either side.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 2 casualties.

Enemy: One FT-18 tank destroyed and estimated 20 casualties.
Old January 13th, 2009, 09:10 PM

Captain

Turn 20

Moving onto Hill 3. Enemy resistance is breaking down in this area and they are running. Some enemy artillery hit to the rear of my troops, but no casualties.

Enemy holding position east of the gap, but they aren't advancing. Incoming mail dropped on some of my troops, but they are holding. My forces are holding as well.

Moved half way across the field east of Hill 1. Enemy infantry is running. Some incoming mail on the hill, but no damage.

One of the enemy tanks destroyed east of South Woods. There is one remaining. Ran into the Polish version of Rambo with an ATR. It punched a hole in two of my tanks before it was eliminated. Most of their infantry has retreated into their deployment zone in this sectory.

Casualties

Enemy: One FT-17 tank destroyed and estimated 20 casualties.
Old January 13th, 2009, 09:46 PM

Captain

Turn 21

Units on the top of Hill 3. Infantry continuing to push into the woods. Artillery still dropping behind my position.

Most enemy infantry units east of the gap have vanished. One or two squads are left, but aren't very solid. Some enemy artillery still falling in the gap.

Most enemy infantry east of Hill 1 have vanished into the woods. Two tanks spotted on the road. One was destroyed. Enemy hitting Hill 1, but not much there. Enemy dropped some smoke in the area.

Last enemy tank seen east of South Woods destroyed. Another enemy ATR team was seen and destroyed as well. One enemy squad showed a bit of spunk, but it didn't last long.

I've plotted one battery to hit an enemy battery near the back edge flag figuring I will have to make a run after that one. The Polish 75mm howitzers are capable of killing any of my armor.

Casualties

Enemy: Two FT-18 tanks destroyed and estimated 20 casualties.
Old January 13th, 2009, 10:29 PM

Captain

Turn 22

Enemy forces being pushed back in all sectors. Elements east of the South Woods have pushed into their deployment zone. One enemy take seen on the road, but it is an FT-17 with just a 7.5mm machine gun. There had been two other tanks on the road, but both were destroyed. One thing I'm finding very annoying is the enemy seems to smell when I plot counter battery because they are hitting my guns again.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero.

Enemy: One FT-18 and FT-17 tanks destroyed and estimated 15 casualties.
Old January 13th, 2009, 10:51 PM

Captain

Turn 23

In general, the rout seems to be on. A few enemy units are putting up resistance here and there, but most are running. Two enemy tanks showed up, but one was destroyed and another immobilized. I'm guessing those were reinforcements that came in. One flag was turned this turn. Looks like I have eight to go.

Enemy counter battery stopped again and for a change, mine had a chance to hit. I'm going to try to take out their on board stuff before I get to their back flag.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero.

Enemy: One FT-17 tank destroyed and estimated 10 casualties.