.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:15 AM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Monster SCENARIO Project

yeah I've pretty much searched the spell db.. there are some spells which I think are summons with other numbers but I don't think they are friendly commander farsummons.

The spell works well enough.. just a few guys which aren't what they shouldn't be, no real harm, a commander without leadership is just a trooper and those extra commanders you get are not overpowering the spell in anyway either. (I could probably give the troop types I summon leadership 0 to cancel out the extra leadership I get but that would not be fair if I'd want to GoR one (which is pretty useless anyway ) for some reason.
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 11:56 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

I have few untested ideas for how to create a force in enemy province. Basically, you use either #nextspell or #onebattlespell to create a chain that goes like this:

1) teleport effect
2) summon units/commander effects
3) returning (that only affects the caster)

It might go like this:
i: ritual teleport, nextspell ii
ii: farsummon/summon 1, nextspell iii
iii: farsummon/summon 2, nextspell iv
iv: returning

Or like this:
i: ritual teleport, nextspell ii
ii: farsummon 1, nextspell iii
iii: farsummon 2, nextspell iiii
The commander that teleports with the force has #onebattlespell "returning". This is a way for the watcher nation to insert troops without losing mages.

I don't know if these work.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 01:05 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

That will be great.

To also use it as as an event generator, is there anything that does a random placement for that initial teleport?
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)

Last edited by Gandalf Parker; January 3rd, 2009 at 01:29 PM..
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:36 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
To also use it as as an event generator, is there anything that does a random placement for that initial teleport?
Yup. Put them into the Void, Inferno or Kokytos.
Emergency comic relief
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:52 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Those are the spells I was thinking.
Has anyone dismantled them? DrP or Endo maybe?
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:45 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

Do a teleport / gate effect to their province IDs. The Arena is province number 0 (actually named Ladakh Sanctuary in the fatherlnd files for some reason, maybe KO or JK were on a spiritual journey once?) and those others have the province IDs -1 down to -3.
Emergency comic relief

Last edited by lch; January 3rd, 2009 at 10:47 PM..
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:49 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Interesting. That must be why the 1500 province limit never seems to get me anything above 1495
Old January 4th, 2009, 05:38 AM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road

hmmm will you move back after summoning though since I guess the magic movementphase has already passed then (or not happened when summoning)

needs to be tested, but not by me today. Dom 3K has a nice multifarsummon spell though which could be easily adjusted for your purposes.
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:26 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

My apologies ahead of time to the DIY crowd. Some stray thoughts on the subject of modding events which has come up again. I guess Im supposed to just make notes on my own computer but Id rather keep public notes in case someone else wants to go with it.

ANYWAY what I was thinking was this....
Most of the events come as messages. Some nice story-line text along with a gift of some sort.

The messages could be easily duplicated by having an admin-run nation in the game (such as the Watchers mod I created) to send them. But it wouldnt be very random that way. Especially for solo play.

But the program AutoHotKey can duplicate the action of typing in a message and sending items. Ive already used it in some Dom3 situations to program long actions to a hot key such as WindowsKey-A or MetaKey-B. But it doesnt have to be a keypress. It can be a playback recording of all mouse movements, clicks, and keyboard typing. Im thinking that an external program could be written to randomly decide each turn to run one of the playbacks.

Besides the usual fairs and merchant gifts and pirate ships, we could expand also. I think that one of the spells that summon an attack group to a far province uses fairly unique units that are not purchasable by others. That means that the mod could keep changing the units between attacks. But Im thinking this would only work for solo play or mp players would have to receive a copy of the new mod each turn.

Some things can be gotten from game logs and used as events. Such as a message saying that a wandering merchant brings a tale of a great fight in xxxxxx province between xxxxx and xxxxxx. Or maybe that the merchant was part of a caravan delivering a gift of xxxxxx sent from one player to another.