This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old October 23rd, 2013, 05:16 AM

Private

tokiedian is on a distinguished road
Potion Suggestion: Long campaign and more CD-Extended features (though I'm a newcommer…)

Though I'm a newcomer, I make suggestions because some ideas occured to me.(However, I don't know whether these suggestions is realizable. If they are nonsenses, please overlook my rubbish saying!)
The first Suggestions are about Long campaign. I have two idea about it.
The first is establishing Finland long campaign. If it was established, it would be one of the hardest and most challenging long campaign. However, there are several difficulties to realize Finland long campaign. Firstly, of course, it is a lot of trouble to make a long campaign. Secondly, Finland fought against USSR for oneself at the beginning, halfway they allied Nazi germany, at the end they made peace with USSR and fought with germany. How to treat their alliance is one of the difficulty because they fought the former alliance. Finally, ratio of the amount of Finland army to the amount of their enemy's strength. In battles against USSR, the amount of USSR army must be as several times much as the amount of Finland army. If not, the long campaign is much less hard and challenging because then USSR army was much weaker than Finland army, and ,above all, historically wrong. In spite of that, in Lapland, ratio of the amount of Finland army to the amount of German army is less unbalanced than the ratio of USSR's to Finland's. These problem about ratio of friends to enemies will be one of the difficulty.
The second is extending Italy long campaign to Italian campaign from June 1943 to May 1945 and making a turning point whether you stay in the Kingdom of Italy and fight against germany with the Allies, join to RSI or finish the long campaign. It is a choise whether to betray your country, remain in the betrayal country or run away from the battlefield. (I'm sorry for Italian players…)In Italian campaign, I think, Italian people show their braveness and toughness more than in any other their campaigns. If the extention realized, Italian campaign would be have another factor plus its difficult. The difficulty of the idea is whether, above all,the game allow such a gimmick. I also don't know whether or not.
The Second suggestion is about feature of CD version. For you to make regular version-up requires earnings from the CD. (I have gone through hardships about SPWAW――Matrix Games stopped regular version-up of SPWAW). I think CD version has to have the feature that beginners don't need to play the game, but lovers of the game want. The suggestion is to extend CD version's editor of scenarios and campaigns as much as possible, the level of developers of the game, and hold regular competitions of scenarios and campaigns made by players of the game, whose winner's scenario or campaign is added the game officially. It arouse customer's interest and increase the official senarios and campaigns more quickly at the same time.
My suggestion is the end. Thank you for reading!

Last edited by tokiedian; October 23rd, 2013 at 11:08 AM..
Old October 23rd, 2013, 09:27 AM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Suggestion: Long campaign and more CD-Extended features

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokiedian View Post
The suggestion is to extend CD version's editor of scenarios and campaigns as much as possible, the level of developers of the game, and hold regular competitions of scenarios and campaigns made by players of the game, whose winner's scenario or campaign is added the game officially. It arouse customer's interest and increase the official senarios and campaigns more quickly at the same time.
While there are no competitions, the developers do frequently add scenario's and campaigns to the game in follow up patches. These are usually uploaded to the forums here by the designer and if there is enough interest and feedback by others that download and play them, they can be added. I am not sure there is specific criteria that Don/Andy use but to make that determination but they do add new content with about every patch.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 10:05 AM

Private

Default Re: Suggestion: Long campaign and more CD-Extended featur…

Oh, I see. I'm sorry for my ignorance. I wish that someday I could uproad scenarios about OKINAWA campaign and campaign describing operation downfall…By the way, How about Long campaign?
Old October 23rd, 2013, 10:23 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,851 Times in 1,216 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh, I see. I'm sorry for my ignorance. I wish that someday I could uproad scenarios about OKINAWA campaign and campaign describing operation downfall…By the way, How about Long campaign?
The scenarios sub-forum is for users to upload their own scenarios etc.

The WW2 long campaign follows the real historic WW2 time-line only. There is no space for "what ifs".

However if you wanted to create a user campaign where an Italian core followed such a course of events as you suggest then by all means, go for it.

Either that or you could set up a campaign generator generated campaign of 10-15 or so battles with Germany as the primary opponent and RSI as the secondary.

cheers
Andy
Old October 23rd, 2013, 11:03 AM

Private

Well…I'm sorry, but there was no relation between my saying about OKINAWA or downfall, and my suggestion of new Finland long campaign and extended Italian long campaign. After Italy surrendered to the Allies, Italian army separated into RSI army and Cobelligerante Italiano and continued fighting. I think Italian long campaign have to includes this historical fact. And I think Finland is the best country for the next new long campaign.....Above all, these are nothing but my ideas, so I don't mind if you say they are impossible.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 12:36 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Suggestion: Long campaign and more CD-Extended features

I you are looking for any long campaigns outside those already included the best option would be the campaign generator. While it would never be as detailed as a user created campaign I think you would find it just about as interesting and fun to play. IMHO, nothing beats a good user created campaign but those are not things that you can just throw together on a whim. Even the smallest ones take extensive research and planning as well as continual playtesting. I think the smallest one I did, Dutch Terror, is a company level core force, is only about 4 scenarios long and took about 8 months of work.

Last edited by Double_Deuce; October 23rd, 2013 at 12:50 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Double_Deuce For This Useful Post:
Old October 23rd, 2013, 03:40 PM

Corporal

PvtJoker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well…I'm sorry, but there was no relation between my saying about OKINAWA or downfall, and my suggestion of new Finland long campaign and extended Italian long campaign. After Italy surrendered to the Allies, Italian army separated into RSI army and Cobelligerante Italiano and continued fighting. I think Italian long campaign have to includes this historical fact. And I think Finland is the best country for the next new long campaign.....Above all, these are nothing but my ideas, so I don't mind if you say they are impossible.
I am Finnish and while that makes me biased, I do agree that making a long campaign for Finland might be worth the effort. The only problem I see with that is the fact that the Finnish Army had very few armored formations; basically just one battalion in 1941, which was later expanded to a brigade and then to a division, but still very limited compared to larger nations. Of course playing a pure infantry force in SPWW2 is entirely possible, but usually not as satisfying for a long campaing. So I'm kind of undecided if it would make sense or not.

As for the RSI army (called Esercito Nazionale Repubblicano) and the Cobelligerante Italiano: the problem with those is that their actual role was quite limited and badly overshadowed by the Germans and the Allies. Especially the ENR did mostly just anti-partisan work instead of fighting the Allies. Neither had access to the same equipment and weapons as the the pre-armistice Regio Esercito, so if you want a long campaign with either one of them, the only logical choice would be a separate campaign starting in October 1943.
The Following User Says Thank You to PvtJoker For This Useful Post:
Old October 25th, 2013, 01:16 AM

Sergeant

mkr8683 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I wish that someday I could uproad scenarios..
If you laugh, you are a bad person.
The Following User Says Thank You to mkr8683 For This Useful Post:
Old October 26th, 2013, 05:41 AM

Private

Default Re: Suggestion: Long campaign and more CD-Extended featur...

Well...I realized that I need much more knowledge about the military history and SPWW2. Then, now I'll concentrate on translating the Game Guide. Thank you for your kindness.
>>#8, mkr8683
I'm sorry.(´・ω・`) I mistook upload for uproad because Japanese doesn't distinguish L from R.
Old October 27th, 2013, 12:11 AM

Sergeant

mkr8683 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Suggestion: Long campaign and more CD-Extended features (though I'm a newcommerâ€

That's a common joke here in the States, albeit probably in bad taste. Apologies for any offense!