Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old December 26th, 2012, 07:58 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,684 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Windows Vista and Windows Seven Installation

NO

If you use the original CD installer without changing the installation path manually the V1 version of the game will be installed under C:/ program files and all the patches will NOT.

The new consolidated patch will NOT magically re-path the game for you ---only the patches ------

if you are going to use the original CD installer you MUST change the default path from

C:\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop

to

C:\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop

first

Don
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old December 30th, 2012, 08:45 PM

Sergeant

RVPERTVS is on a distinguished road

Thank you Don!

So I assume full screen mode is still unfriendly under win7

Regards
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road

Just installed the game, the consolidation patch v5.0 and when I run the game it takes all kinds of funny colors, like how WinSPMBT was to me when I didnt install the patches properly. Any suggestions?

Oh and DIDNT install the game in Program files and I have Windows 7 in my PC.
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:56 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,851 Times in 1,216 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeraaa View Post
Just installed the game, the consolidation patch v5.0 and when I run the game it takes all kinds of funny colors, like how WinSPMBT was to me when I didnt install the patches properly. Any suggestions?

What version of the game is reported on the main game screen? - if it does not report as version 5.XX, then you have not installed the patch correctly.

Assuming you have installed and patched to 5.XX then what version of Windows does the GameOptions launcher programme report? - it should say "Windows Vista or later".

Also - what precise path did you install to?
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeraaa View Post

What version of the game is reported on the main game screen? - if it does not report as version 5.XX, then you have not installed the patch correctly.

Assuming you have installed and patched to 5.XX then what version of Windows does the GameOptions launcher programme report? - it should say "Windows Vista or later".

Also - what precise path did you install to?
In the main game screen in says WinSPWW2 v5.0-DL.

The launcher does indeed say Windows Vista or Greater.

The path to the game is: C:\ShrapnelGames\TheCamoWorkshop\WinSPWW2.

Oh and I've figured out that the game does run properly in Windowed Mode. It's the full screen mode that has the problem.
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:08 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,684 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Have you updated your video drivers lately ?

Don
Old January 12th, 2013, 01:03 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,851 Times in 1,216 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post

Don
Video drivers is what I would suspect (unless for example, you can play MBT fine in full screen mode).

If you have changed your monitor recently, you might not have the correct colour profile file associated.

Also - I would suggest a de-fragmentation of the hard drive, and a check for disk errors. That's always worth doing every 6 months to a year or so, anyway. You can get strange results if there are "lost clusters" or even worse, bad disk sectors.

And are you trying to ALT+TAB out of the full screen game in Windows 7 - that is likely to cause problems if you are running the batch file. The batch file that kills Aero and explorer under 7 removes the facility to ALT+TAB - use the game in desktop mode windowed for full screen then, if you have the full CD game. Windowed mode is the "cure" to vista/seven problems with 256 colour palette games since it uses a 16 bit colour mode. If the game runs fine without attempts to AL+TAB off to other things then it is working as designed.

Make sure no other programmes are running (I had problems with the Avast! anti virus until I set it not to show pop-ups or whatever it was - it had various options, including a check box about not doing things if a full screen game was active which were not set by default. If it slid up one of those in the background when there was a full screen game in play it smashed the 256 colour palette). So you may have some sort of utility like that which is interfering. Try turning all these things off one at a time, disconnecting from the internet if it's your AV you are temporarily disabling of course!.

Other than that - see my post #15 above about setting up a virtual XP machine under windows 7.
Old January 12th, 2013, 03:28 AM

Sergeant

Rosollia is on a distinguished road

Aeraaa I posted an alternate fix for the color problen some months ago here:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=49236
Maybe give it a try?`
Old January 12th, 2013, 05:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post

Don
Video drivers is what I would suspect (unless for example, you can play MBT fine in full screen mode).

If you have changed your monitor recently, you might not have the correct colour profile file associated.

Also - I would suggest a de-fragmentation of the hard drive, and a check for disk errors. That's always worth doing every 6 months to a year or so, anyway. You can get strange results if there are "lost clusters" or even worse, bad disk sectors.

And are you trying to ALT+TAB out of the full screen game in Windows 7 - that is likely to cause problems if you are running the batch file. The batch file that kills Aero and explorer under 7 removes the facility to ALT+TAB - use the game in desktop mode windowed for full screen then, if you have the full CD game. Windowed mode is the "cure" to vista/seven problems with 256 colour palette games since it uses a 16 bit colour mode. If the game runs fine without attempts to AL+TAB off to other things then it is working as designed.

Make sure no other programmes are running (I had problems with the Avast! anti virus until I set it not to show pop-ups or whatever it was - it had various options, including a check box about not doing things if a full screen game was active which were not set by default. If it slid up one of those in the background when there was a full screen game in play it smashed the 256 colour palette). So you may have some sort of utility like that which is interfering. Try turning all these things off one at a time, disconnecting from the internet if it's your AV you are temporarily disabling of course!.

Other than that - see my post #15 above about setting up a virtual XP machine under windows 7.
I actually have Avast and havent checked th options. Will do now!
Old April 6th, 2013, 12:59 PM

Sergeant

RVPERTVS is on a distinguished road

Ok Im re posting this question here since it seems to get more attention.

The press relase for the incremental patch says:

"The physical CD versions have now been reprinted to take advantage of the new installations and are available now, making them the perfect stocking stuffers for the grognards in your life. The digital download versions have also been updated if that method of delivery is your preference."

Im somewhat confused here, is there a new CD version? if so, what is exactly the difference with the old one?

Thanks in advance