Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old August 11th, 2013, 04:35 PM

Private

Zombieritual is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Winspww2 does run well anymore

Alright. Another thing I've noticed (don't know if it is a problem or not) is that the sound sometimes come after, especially when firing PzKpw 2.
Old August 11th, 2013, 09:18 PM

Private

Sam08 is on a distinguished road

I think windowed mode is awful. I prefer 640x480 full screen so that all the text and buttons fill up the screen. Also, the game zooms in very close and personal.

The task bar and any other stuff on the screen that isn't SP reduces the immersion factor when playing.

Please don't ever get rid of fullscreen mode.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam08 For This Useful Post:
Old August 12th, 2013, 12:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam08 View Post
I think windowed mode is awful. I prefer 640x480 full screen so that all the text and buttons fill up the screen. Also, the game zooms in very close and personal.

The task bar and any other stuff on the screen that isn't SP reduces the immersion factor when playing.

Please don't ever get rid of fullscreen mode.
Well said. I'll second the motion: Please don't ever get rid of full screen mode.
The Following User Says Thank You to jivemi For This Useful Post:
Old August 15th, 2013, 07:23 AM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

I agree on Windows mode, I used to always like and want to run in full screen mode but when I got my new laptop (32 gigs of ram and 3 tb of hdd) I had to switch to windows mode, it took about 2 to 4 hours to get used to it. I also applied one of the font size increases but other then that I am stock (thinking about using those new roundels graphics VC things, look cool).

Windows mode is far superior now and if you have the full paid for version it's no problems at all.

Now some will say "I don't want to pay for it" but I would counter that with "For $40 bucks your first CG will pay it self off, heck I got 6 CG going each with a different nationality."
Old August 20th, 2013, 10:13 PM

Corporal

BadCompany is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
I have NO IDEA why anyone bothers with full screen mode.....NONE. When Andy perfected windowed desktop we should have gone with that and eliminated full screen altogether as it would have eliminated hundreds of hours of aggravation dealing with a format NEITHER of the developers use.

We have been saying for years that if it works in one or the other format...it works. There are too many variables between PC hardware and software to assure that both modes work for everyone so I REALLY don't understand the "doomed to play it in windowed mode" sentiment.
Don
Sorry that some of your paying customers have a different preference other than you. You gave us the feature, but turn around and essentially say F-you to those who like the feature. Not to say that I don't understand the frustration.

As a buyer of both WinSPWW2 and WinSPMBT, and given your excellent track record for patches and support, I am really surprised - and disappointed - by your post.
Old August 20th, 2013, 10:52 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,684 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

We can't make everyone happy. It's a fools game to even try. We built the game to suit our tastes and preferences. We don't put things in we don't agree with. One of the very few exceptions is full screen mode and that stayed in, along with 480x640 more because it's a legacy item but I wouldn't miss it if it were gone. We have no plans to remove it but if it came down to OS system changes that rendered fullscreen mode inoperable but windowed mode was OK then we would continue with windowed mode alone

I can assure you I'm not here to build the game just to make other people happy. We add suggestions that are made we think make the game we want to play better. The minute we see we are doing things to the game we don't agree with is the minute game development ends and I say that without apology. I don't see that happening anytime soon but 15+ years *IS* getting to be a long time to be kicking this can.

As well *I* didn't say "and essentially say F-you to those who like the feature.". YOU did. What I said is I don't understand why anyone would say he's "doomed" to play it that way..and I still don't

Don

Last edited by DRG; August 20th, 2013 at 11:01 PM..
Old August 20th, 2013, 11:36 PM

Corporal

BadCompany is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
We can't make everyone happy. It's a fools game to even try. We built the game to suit our tastes and preferences. We don't put things in we don't agree with. One of the very few exceptions is full screen mode and that stayed in, along with 480x640 more because it's a legacy item but I wouldn't miss it if it were gone. We have no plans to remove it but if it came down to OS system changes that rendered fullscreen mode inoperable but windowed mode was OK then we would continue with windowed mode alone

I can assure you I'm not here to build the game just to make other people happy. We add suggestions that are made we think make the game we want to play better. The minute we see we are doing things to the game we don't agree with is the minute game development ends and I say that without apology. I don't see that happening anytime soon but 15+ years *IS* getting to be a long time to be kicking this can.

As well *I* didn't say "and essentially say F-you to those who like the feature.". YOU did. What I said is I don't understand why anyone would say he's "doomed" to play it that way..and I still don't

Don
I agree that you shouldn't try to cater to everyone's tastes.

You came across by your post that those of us who prefer full screen are in the wrong just because you're frustrated.

I know you guys don't have to continue to update the game, and I'm grateful for that. However, if you are going to take up the job supporting the game, then yes, basically telling a paying customer "too bad, why would you use that feature anyway?"as if he's at fault or in the wrong just because they like full screen seems like saying F-you to me.

Again, it just came across that way, no biggie.
Old August 21st, 2013, 04:13 AM

Private

PKH is on a distinguished road

Playing in window mode beyond 1280x1024 does not work on my 1920x1200 screen (win7 w/amd 7950 gfx). The vertical resolution is only half of what it should be, and no buttons are clickable. Desktop resolution does work in fullscreen mode. I wouldn't mind playing in window mode if it worked at full resolution.
Old August 21st, 2013, 06:21 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,851 Times in 1,216 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKH View Post
Playing in window mode beyond 1280x1024 does not work on my 1920x1200 screen (win7 w/amd 7950 gfx). The vertical resolution is only half of what it should be, and no buttons are clickable. Desktop resolution does work in fullscreen mode. I wouldn't mind playing in window mode if it worked at full resolution.
The usual reason for this happening in windowed mode, is that the end user has forgotten to ensure that the "auto-hide" function for the windows task-bar is set to off, as explained in the "tuning your machine" section of the game guide.

It may also be fooled if your task-bar is set to the sides of the screen, or perhaps the top. i.e. anything other than the windows default position at the bottom of the screen.

(The graphics engine is DirectX6 or so, i.e. before the task bar hiding function was introduced, most likely).

I'm happily running it on a 1080i wide screen monitor ATM (1920x1080) or on my old brick of a CRT monitor (which is 4:3 and runs to 1600x1280). However - to do so on this computer, I had to upgrade from the old 256MB Geoforce graphics card to a 512MB one - on the old card it could only run full 1080i at a 30hz interlaced refresh rate, which was intolerable.

Andy
Old August 21st, 2013, 12:37 PM

Private

PKH is on a distinguished road

Turning off auto-hide fixed the issue. Is there a chance you could lock the cursor to the window, to make scrolling easier. The window doesn't cover the entire screen, so it's easy to get the cursor outside on the sides when trying to scroll.