KV7 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPWW2 V10.01 upgrade for 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KV7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Anyone can edit the ini file but CD owners can do it from game options. That passage in the manual refers to the value that free game users can SEE in gameoptions but not adjust FROM gameoptions but a free gamer can open up the CamoGame.ini and edit in a change to AIAdjustPercent manually which is the way everyone had to do it before we added it to game options for CD owners

In a long campaign, if you were defending ( with for example - 4433 points ) and you had AI Advantage ( % of Points ) set to 200% the AI. as the assaulting side would get about 21122 points ( it will always vary a bit )

Assaulting players do not get 3x the points, it's closer to 2 3/4 X
Do you mean that the ratio for assault is different depending on if it is the AI or Human player assaulting ? x3 for AI assault and ~ x2.75 for human assault ?
If you leave the AI percent at 100% then the AI gets the same points as a human opponent.

However if you give the AI more by setting the AI Advantage variable then it'll obviously have more (or less if its under 100%) to spend. So if you have a meeting engagement versus the AI but have the AI Advantage set to 110 then the computer gets 10% more than you, if its 120 then it gets 20% more. Same goes for whatever battle type - it gets the basic points multiplied by the advantage you give it.

If you have the full CD version of the game then the variable is easily set on the Game Options programme's "misc" tab under AI Advantage. Owners of the Free Demo will have to manually edit it in the ini file as described in the game guide.
Yes I understand that. I must have misunderstood you.

If AI adjust is at 200% as in your example above and you are assaulted by the AI the AI should (since forever but I might be wrong) have 200% * 300% = 600% of your points. I don't see what the 2 3/4 x ratio is used for.
Old April 17th, 2017, 02:35 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

I don't believe the assaulting force ever got quite 3x defender - it has always been around 2.75x.

so your example: AI adjust 200% assault would get approx 275%(assault) x 200%(AI advantage) around 550% (5 1/2 x)

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpio_rocks For This Useful Post:
Old June 24th, 2017, 09:13 AM

Corporal

chris h is on a distinguished road

I've finally finished the last of the scenarios that came with the latest update all against the AI. Some great scenarios there, well done.

Only one I could not complete and thought it poorly balance, impossible, even against the AI. The scenario is 477 Indian assault on Japanese. Starts with an Allied aerial bombardment that basically misses. The troops are too far away to take advantage of those that didn't. There's also no art support,
The Following User Says Thank You to chris h For This Useful Post:
Old June 24th, 2017, 10:44 AM

Sergeant

Griefbringer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris h View Post
I've finally finished the last of the scenarios that came with the latest update all against the AI. Some great scenarios there, well done.
That is quite an achievement, considering that some of those scenarios are quite massive.

I have only played through a small portion of them - but amongst those that I have played, there have been some really great ones. Especially the Ruin Rommel scenario provided me with some nail-biting moments.