.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old December 9th, 2008, 09:49 AM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Sicily

Turn 19

Enemy dropping mortar fire on hill 4 now. No effect.

Artillery started coming in on enemy positions. Enemy units are suppress. Will wait one more turn and then start advancing on those positions.

Enemy Sherman engaged one PzKw IVh from hill 3 with no effect. Scouts with panzerfausts are positioned in woods near this hill in case enemy tanks start moving from this sector.

One mark IVh stumbled across a M4A3(105) behind some trees. After a near penetrating hit, they withdrew and artillery was plotted.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero

Enemy: Zero

Last edited by RERomine; December 9th, 2008 at 09:56 AM..
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:09 AM

Captain

Turn 20

Enemy mortar fire continuing to come in, making life difficult for me MG-42 teams on hill 4. My Tigers have moved off the hill as smoke from burning vehicles are making the position unsuitable as an overwatch position.

Artillery continuing to come in on enemy positions. Time to start moving against them. Grenadiers and engineers are prepared to move of the top of hill 2 toward objective groups G1 and G2. G2 hasn't been properly reconned yet, but scouts are moving that way.

Core infantry are prepared to move against enemy positions nearby and objective group G3.

A rookie mark IVh was destroyed by Sherman on hill 3. Hauptmann Krohner however, destroyed the Sherman scoring his 104th victory and he is not and never has been in a Tiger.

Casualties

Friendly: One PzKw IVh tank destroyed.

Enemy: One M4 (Early) tank destroyed.
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:32 AM

Captain

Turn 21

The enemy is starting counter battery fire against my guns now. Some suppression as a result from their fire.

Engineers and grenadiers went over the top against the enemy positions. Several bazooka teams opened up on them, but suffered casualties from return fire.

Core infantry moved against objective group G3 and enemy positions nearby. Enemy infantry took a beating. Continuing friendly artillery came up short on one gun and hit my units. Some casualties resulted.

One platoon of Tigers is heading to hill 2 while the other platoon is heading toward the West woods.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 10 casualties.
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:57 AM

Captain

Turn 22

Enemy counter battery continuing. My off board guns returned fire with some effect.

Core infantry within 100m of objective group G3. Enemy infantry and tanks have been engaged. Infantry is running and two Shermans were destroyed. Enemy dropped some artillery on my units.

Enemy infantry between hills 1 and 2 are taking a beating from small arms fire and artillery. My engineers and grenadiers are pushing forward. They distroyed several bazooka teams. Another enemy squad was spotted. Artillery was shifted on target for immediate suppression. That unit suffered casualties from both the artillery and small arms fire. Scouts are within 50m of objective group G1, but are no going to move in because I don't want to trigger an enemy response before I have a large enough force there to hold it.

Artillery continued to suppress the enemy 105mm Sherman. Hauptmann Krohner popped out and scored his 105th kill.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 10 casualties.

Enemy: Two M4 (Early) tanks and one M4A3 (105) tank destroyed and estimated 20 casualties.
Old December 9th, 2008, 11:56 AM

Captain

Turn 23

Enemy stopped counter battery fire and started dropping artillery in the West woods. It was close to some of my infantry, but no direct hits.

Engineers and grenadiers are pushing into the gap between hills 1 and 2. All enemy units in the area are running. Artillery is continuing to move with them to not give them a break.

One flag turned in objective group G3. Core infantry encountered more infantry and a 50 caliber HMG. Artillery was shifted on target for immediate suppression. The area is fairly wooded, so the supporting tanks are staying back. Two platoons of tanks and the headquarters section are now moving to support efforts to capture objective groups G1 and G2.

Scouts encountered enemy infantry East of objective group G2, taking several casualties. Artillery has been plotted in the area. Engineers and grenadiers are pushing in that direction.

Casualties

Enemy: Estimated 15 casualties.
Old December 9th, 2008, 12:24 PM

Captain

Turn 24

Random enemy artillery hitting near West woods.

Here's a big OOPS!!! My artillery was dropping on enemy infantry between hills 1 and 2 and my engineers and grenadiers pushed in and destroyed the remaining enemy units. I forgot to shift or lift my artillery from the area, so it dropped on my units. Luckily, it was only from two guns and I think the only thing that happened were the units got suppressed.

Still pushing toward objective group G2, but now that flags have been turned at G3, the enemy troops are climbing out of their holes and running that way. My artillery will give them a rough time if they are moving in the open. Several enemy units are already pinned.

Two enemy bunkers spotted South of objective group G3. They aren't in a real good position to cover it because there is smoke from burning Shermans hanging over the area. I did notice two Shermans that aren't burning. One platoon of PzKw IVhs and one platoon of Tigers are positioned to engage them once they leave their revetments. More enemy infantry is trying to push toward G3. A second flag was turned, so they are moving to take them back.

Casualties

Enemy: Estimated 20 casualties.
Old December 9th, 2008, 12:54 PM

Captain

Turn 25

Enemy artillery hit one of my ammo trucks and blew it to bits. I guess that's no great loss. I don't know if their experience helps them reload faster or not, but they certainly don't directly engage enemy units.

Well, my push to objective group G1 is taking a break. May of my units were suppressed from my OOPS last turn. There doesn't seem to be any enemy units in the area.

Enemy units near objective group G2 seems to be in platoon strength. Tigers and LMG units are engaging infantry trying to get to G3. Engineers and grenadiers are pushing toward the objective. At this point, I have one grenadier unit that I've been able to hold into reserve in tracks if I need to use them for a quick push. My artillery is hitting the woods just North of the enemy infantry, so I plotted additional artillery on them. I want to keep hitting the woods in case there are still enemy in there.

Turned two more flags in objective group G3. Artillery is hitting enemy units trying to get there from the Southwest. The enemy is pretty much pinned right now. Smoke was dropped around the bunkers. I'm going after those as well, even though I really don't need to. My infantry was able to destroy one of the Shermans and will try to get the other one as long as it wants to sit and wait for me to come after it.

Casualties

Old December 9th, 2008, 01:19 PM

Captain

Turn 26

The only enemy incoming this turn was from one mortar, yet it was able to find a reserve force of loaded core tracks sitting in the middle of smokey woods. Two were destoryed!!!

The push to objective group G1 has resumed. There are mines around G1, but I have plenty of engineers and no pressure from the enemy.

Units are still pushing toward objective group G2. Enemy infantry is to the South, but I'm avoiding them because it's not necessary for this force to engage them. Tigers and mark IVhs on hill 2 are dealing with the enemy infantry. They have been stopped at the moment. Late arriving engineers and grenadiers will help deal with the infantry.

All flags on G3 have been turned. Enemy infantry are still in the area, so I will push through the objective to give myself more room. One of the bunkers to the South has been destroyed and last Sherman has been supressed. I'll assault it next turn. AND my last five reserve tracks from my core have to MOVE!!!

The scouts in the woods East of hill 3 are shifting to prevent any enemy units, specifically bazooka teams, from moving up on the flank of units around G3.

Casualties

Friendly: Two SdKfz 250/1 tracks destroyed and estimated 25 casualties.

Enemy: One bunker destroyed and estimated 15 casualties.

It's starting to seem like the best I will get out of this battle will be a minor victory. My casualties have been very heavy, mainly because of the enemy aircraft and artillery.
Old December 9th, 2008, 01:40 PM

Captain

Turn 27

Engineers and grenadiers are within 50m of objective group G1. Some are clearing mines, but I'll start securing the hexes. The scouts on the North side of G1 have shifted to guard the approach from the North.

Units still pushing toward G2. They are about 250m East of the objective. More than likely, there will be mines in the area. Enemy infantry to the South are retreating.

Incoming mail around objective group G3. My reserve tracks have moved forward some and unloaded so if they get hit, all that's likely to be lost are the tracks. Enemy in the area has been pushed back and the objective is secured. The last bunker has been destroyed, as has the Sherman. Core SS infantry took care of both.

I just remember there is an M10 lurking around somewhere to the South. Maybe it hit mines and is just stuck in the woods, but I never saw it again after it disappeared heading East on the bottom edge of the map.

Casualties

Enemy: One bunker and one M4 (Early) tank destroyed and estimated 15 casualties.
Old December 9th, 2008, 01:57 PM

Captain

Turn 28

Three flags turned on G1. Mines are being cleared in the area as well. No resistance.

More enemy units showing up South of G2. Instead of moving toward G2, they are moving toward hill 2. I'm not sure why, but I have six tanks up there that keep turning them back. Engineers and grenadiers are 150m away from the first flags.

Still receiving 105mm artillery fire from the enemy around G3. Their infantry has pretty much stopped pushing forward. I'm holding position.

Six enemy Shermans just moved over hill 3. Tigers on the edge of the West woods engaged them with no effect. One moved into the woods where my scouts are. That missing M10 just showed up as well.

Casualties