Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old May 29th, 2006, 11:57 AM

Private

ranXerox is on a distinguished road
Default Small font

Using winspmbt with high resolution gives you very very small fonts. I like the high resolution in the map, but text is so damn small. Is there a way to increase font size in game screen?
Old May 29th, 2006, 03:08 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Small font

Sorry...text size is fixed. In many cases the area alloted for text is based on that fixed size and increasing it would cause all kinds of problems with text running off the screen.

All I can suggest is try using the next resolution down from the one you are using and see if that helps .

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old September 10th, 2010, 03:58 AM

Corporal

void1984 is on a distinguished road

I can undestand well why it is hardly impossible to change font size in top and bottom text bars and encyclopedia.
For me it is hard to read the text when someone is firing. It requires to read the top bar to see the probabilities (which is important to me to know if repeating the attack makes sense) and the bottom bar to see if it has resulted in any casualties. My idea is an additional box on the screen when someone is firing (a la spwaw)with all the data from top and bottom bar with much larger font.
Old September 14th, 2010, 09:59 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by void1984 View Post
I can undestand well why it is hardly impossible to change font size in top and bottom text bars and encyclopedia.
For me it is hard to read the text when someone is firing. It requires to read the top bar to see the probabilities (which is important to me to know if repeating the attack makes sense) and the bottom bar to see if it has resulted in any casualties. My idea is an additional box on the screen when someone is firing (a la spwaw)with all the data from top and bottom bar with much larger font.
Being able to look at both somewhere else together would be nice.
Old September 19th, 2010, 01:34 PM

Private

jeffreywilens is on a distinguished road

Actually it's the font in the Encyclopedia that is the major problem for those with older eyes. I have found changing the resolution of the computer and then matching it to the resolution of the game (such as 800x600) makes it readable but defeats the purpose of the having the CD version which I do and deprives the beauty of the larger resolution map. Any larger resolution and I have great difficulty readng the Encyclopedia numbers and text.

I know there are ways to mess with the dpi size on Windows and wonder if that would make any difference.

Or what about being able to access the Encyclopedia material in some other way. It's just text and pictures so couldn't the data be put into a PDF or ASCII file and then it could even be printed and used as a paper accessory. Is there some technical or legal obstacle to this approach? I certainly would pay a few more bucks to have such a readable playing aid.

Old September 19th, 2010, 11:47 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Without my glasses there are no fonts used in the game that I can read. Everything is a blur. If I used my normal bi-focals neither part of the prescription gives me a good view of any computer screen no matter if I'm in the game or dealing with this forum or anthing else.

However, I keep a pair of cheaters reading glass specifically for computer work and when I wear them I can see every font in the game and in every other program I use clearly so I sympathize and also have to deal with the "older eyes" issue but I can read every screen perfectly with these glasses.

Now, that said the resolution I use is 1152x864 normally but I also have a copy on my daughters wide screen computer that I use when I need to test issues that may arise with higher resolutions and have no problem reading any of the fonts in the game at the highest resolution using my "computer glasses"

Don
Old September 26th, 2010, 08:00 PM

Private

jeffreywilens is on a distinguished road

Well adjusting the dpi setting to make text bigger does not work in Windows 7, nor does the "magnifier" in the ease of accessibility. The magnifying glass won't interact with the game windows.

Okay I need reading glasses maybe but the text is not readable much above 800x600.

Perhaps the game designers can address two points:

1. Is the Encyclopedia text available somewhere in the game files. I found a folder called "text" that has the end quotes as well as I guess mission text such as this one

et036001.txt

If so, maybe these fonts can be increased on a trial basis.

2. If doing the above would screw up the tables, etc. for the Encyclopedia data, then at least there should be a way to print the data out and use normal word processing or copier machine tricks to make the print image larger and easier to read. Everything would be magnified and tables would not be messed up and the data would probalby still fit on a single page.

Can the moderator weigh in on this?

Old September 26th, 2010, 08:55 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road

I have a 24" monitor and use 1920x1200 resolution at default dpi settings. My head is usually about 50cm from the monitor when using the mouse and keyboard. I don't have 20/20 vision, more like 18 I guess. I can still see the text, although yes it is small and I would too like it bigger. With that said, if you can't read the text, you probably need to have your eyes checked. It's probably going to do you more good in general and be able to see the text of this game.
Old September 27th, 2010, 04:35 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdll View Post
With that said, if you can't read the text, you probably need to have your eyes checked. It's probably going to do you more good in general and be able to see the text of this game.
Should have gone to specsavers (UK)

Seriously I had the reverse problem at low resolutions like 800x600 found I was straining my eyes to read large unclear text. Conversely the smaller but sharp text is easy to read in comparison.
There is always one
As a thought since game is so freindly if run in windowed mode does magnifier or whatever its called work with it.
Old September 27th, 2010, 08:29 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

The moderators ARE the game designers and as a game designer, moderator and player of the game I have already said that without my glasses I cannot read ANY text on my screen no matter what resolution my game is set to but WITH the pair of glasses I keep specifically for computer work I can read all text at all resolutions up to and including the maximum resolution and I can sit a comfortable "normal" distance from the screen when I do, so not only have I provided an answer to you problem ( and wdll...... )you did as well when you wrote "Okay I need reading glasses ...."

Yes, you do and when you do you'll find the "problem" goes away.

Don