Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
The Early Days. Game running. - Page 34 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 16th, 2010, 07:45 PM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Early Days. Game running.

Got a nice fight in at the end, and killed a Mandeha and a few thugs along with it, at the cost of blinding all my troops except the pretender and a few Gygja. But no, I didn't do significant damage.

Well done, Isokron.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old January 16th, 2010, 08:15 PM

Sergeant

Stretch is on a distinguished road

This was fun, but clearly my forces aren't going to make a dent in Lanka (not enough to halt the constant rise of his army graph). Good game all.
Old January 17th, 2010, 02:11 PM

Corporal

Isokron is on a distinguished road

Ok I game over then? Otherwise I have a lot of scripting to do and will probably need an extension of the turn.
Old January 17th, 2010, 03:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

Sensori is on a distinguished road

Yes, the game is over I guess. And that stupid King of Elemental Fire I attacked just got crippled, but wouldn't die!
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:36 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I think it is game over. Let us delete this abomination from the llamaserver.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:38 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdonj View Post
Let us delete this abomination from the llamaserver.
Yeah, sorry about that. I thought that the victory conditions would have been easier to achieve.

Isokron, well played.

My game sort of fell into inactivity. I had grandiose plans but I always delayed them, and then I got really busy IRL and when I was ready to execute the plan it was too late and I had to come up with something else.

Well, at least UWGIM got some daylight and seems to work alright. I actually enjoyed playing EA R'lyeh with it. Noticed some bugs that are now squashed in the most recent version.

Any thoughts on CPCS? My scouts saw some battles where the new spells were used for great effect.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

The water teleport is about as crappy as i thought it would be.

There is basically nothing a water nation without astral can do to defend against raiding, especially with something powerful like a QoW. Being able to water teleport on top of raiders is almost essential - you might actually be able to kill the damn thing. But otherwise water movement is really fricking slow, and a raider could strike almost anywhere (especially as most raiders will tp/cloud trapeze in). In the case of a powerful raider like QoW, it can just avoid any army which might give it problems, and it's virtually impossible to force a confrontation.

I spent the last like 5 turns of that game chasing raiders totally ineffectually.
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:38 PM

Corporal

Isokron is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the game I certainly had fun playing it. Lanka clearly felt like the most powerful nation I have played so far once it got going. I think cbm might be a bit off in lowering the price for some of their summons (ie Davanas 75->65 blood slaves 3->4 summoned).

Although I have to admin a lot of my impression and the outcome of this game depended on the lucky find of a 40% blood sites toward the end of my war with Marverni.
Old January 18th, 2010, 06:20 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Yeah, those danava were crazy. Between them and the mandeha, we in the west had no chance since we pretty much all relied on sacreds to do our fighting.

Burnsaber - CPCS is great fun. I didn't really have a chance to use the UWGIM stuff.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP