This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old July 10th, 2005, 12:58 PM

Private

Stian is on a distinguished road
Default Security - Player 2 has already played this turn?

Hi I just got this weird bug in WinSPMBT:
This is the second PBEM game I'm playing with a friend, and after we've both moved on turn 1 we keep getting the message "Security - Player 2 has already played this turn?" and the save won't load at all.

I've never seen this error before, and it seems quite illogical as an error - I mean, *of course* player 2 (which is me) already has played the turn, and it's now player 1s turn!

Any ideas what might cause this message? We are playing scenario 103 Chess France 1952, france vs france, and we both use windows XP - if that helps.

regards,
Stian
Old July 10th, 2005, 06:02 PM

Corporal

czerpak is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Security - Player 2 has already played this turn?

does any of players plays on 2 different machines ?
Old July 10th, 2005, 09:54 PM

Private

Default Re: Security - Player 2 has already played this turn?

We only play the game on one machine each.

This happened several times in a row so I decided to do a reinstall, and the bug seems to be gone - for the moment at least

Could the file 'PBEMRegistry.dat' have anything to do with save files being corrupted? Any ideas what this file is actually for? I notice that it's not been modified at all since installing the game so apparently nothing gets written into it by the save process.

Stian
Old July 10th, 2005, 11:13 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Security - Player 2 has already played this tu

Quote:
Stian said:
We only play the game on one machine each.

This happened several times in a row so I decided to do a reinstall, and the bug seems to be gone - for the moment at least

Could the file 'PBEMRegistry.dat' have anything to do with save files being corrupted? Any ideas what this file is actually for? I notice that it's not been modified at all since installing the game so apparently nothing gets written into it by the save process.

Stian
PBEMRegistry.dat would have nothing whatsoever to do with the problem you had.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 11th, 2005, 07:35 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Stian said:
Hi I just got this weird bug in WinSPMBT:
This is the second PBEM game I'm playing with a friend, and after we've both moved on turn 1 we keep getting the message "Security - Player 2 has already played this turn?" and the save won't load at all.

I've never seen this error before, and it seems quite illogical as an error - I mean, *of course* player 2 (which is me) already has played the turn, and it's now player 1s turn!

Any ideas what might cause this message? We are playing scenario 103 Chess France 1952, france vs france, and we both use windows XP - if that helps.

regards,
Stian
Has one of yu exited with the save to resume your turn feature (blue upwards arrow) and then sent the game in that part-finished state to the opposing player?.

(If you save to resume the turn is not finished - you need to re-enter the turn and complete it with the red > end turn arrow of course

Also - has someone sent the wrong files to the other player, or one of you has unzipped the files to the wrong place (so the game is still trying to load your last turn as it was not overwritten)

Cheers
Andy
Old July 11th, 2005, 08:58 AM

Private

My opponent and I almost never use the resume feature and Im sure it was not used in this game as it was only turn 1.

We use the PBEM Helper to take care of save locations and unzipping files to the correct folders and I'm pretty sure it works like it should, i.e. unzips the savefiles to the 'PBEM Games' folder. Anyhow, if the game tried to load the last finished turn would it not just ask for the next players password instead of refusing to load at all?

I've also noticed when pressing '1' that the number of saves/fails for player 2 is *way* off, I can't remember the exact numbers but something like 300 loads, fails and exits ... could this be related?

Stian
Old July 11th, 2005, 10:19 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Stian said:
My opponent and I almost never use the resume feature and Im sure it was not used in this game as it was only turn 1.

We use the PBEM Helper to take care of save locations and unzipping files to the correct folders and I'm pretty sure it works like it should, i.e. unzips the savefiles to the 'PBEM Games' folder. Anyhow, if the game tried to load the last finished turn would it not just ask for the next players password instead of refusing to load at all?

If this happens to you again using "PBEM Helper" try not using it

Quote:
Stian said:
I've also noticed when pressing '1' that the number of saves/fails for player 2 is *way* off, I can't remember the exact numbers but something like 300 loads, fails and exits ... could this be related?

Stian
As you were player 2 I assume you'd remember starting and stopping 300 times . Right now this sounds like a corrupted DAT file for some reason. I know whe've never seen the saves and loads like that before

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 11th, 2005, 03:37 PM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road

Ok,
I ve seen these strange numbers many times while playing SP-variants.
I have seen numbers like 12,456,397 load/quit etc... LOL
Most of the times the problem is connected with big maps and very small intervals between the save/end turn and zip process... I know its sounds weird (again) but the only protection is to wait 3 seconds before doing anything after you press the end turn... (I speak by experience)

cheers,
Pyros
Old July 11th, 2005, 06:57 PM

Corporal

czerpak is on a distinguished road

I have seen it (500 quits) in winMBt game I am playing right now.

Also had 'security' problems exactly same as stated above, but not in win ver yet. usually fresh install helped.
Old July 11th, 2005, 08:14 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
czerpak said:
I have seen it (500 quits) in winMBt game I am playing right now.

Also had 'security' problems exactly same as stated above, but not in win ver yet. usually fresh install helped.

Send me a copy of the game with your passwords if you can. When you start another one next time try what Pyros suggests and give the game a few seconds extra before zipping up the turn. You might also try not running PBEM Helper for a game

Don