.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 12th, 2012, 12:21 AM

Sergeant

Legendary League is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Awestruck. New Late Age game. (Recruiting)

Where do you get these notes, by the way?
Old April 12th, 2012, 02:58 AM

Private

himselfbh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojango View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by himselfbh View Post
Hi, I wanna take part in.
This may be my first MP experience and I will choose LA Jomon.

Since I'm really new, could any one some suggestion about the pretender design and scale setting? All the guide articles I found were for MA.

Thanks~
celestial general., get air and earth and he can be a pretty boss SC. in awesome gods he autocasts mass protection, making him a good backup for armies of samurai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feinne
The Celestial General:
Point Cost: 50
Base Dominion: 3
Magic Paths: Air 1, Earth 1, new paths cost 50
Special Abilities: Standard, Buffs Ally Armor in combat, Generates soldiers on the map screen
Item Slots: Two Hands, Head, Body, Feet, Two Miscellaneous
Feinne’s Notes: This is a pretty cool guy here, he has alright magic paths and he generates cavalry and tower shield troops every turn. He also casts Mass Protection in battle at the start, which can be really nice. Like a lot of titan-type chassis, he’s probably not able to expand solo without gear. Expect to see him awake to leverage his freespawn.
OK,thank you. I will try The Celestial General~
Old April 12th, 2012, 06:30 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary League View Post
Holy mother of g-

I'd love to play, I'm just not certain I'm at an adequate skill level to not get instantly murderized.
If you're in doubt yourself I would advice you to bow out, even though there's several newer people showing intrest. Out of principle I've never wanted to stop newer players to jump straight in and learn the hard way, but you will get "instantly murderized", as you put it, and there's only so many people who can translate that into a fun learning experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himselfbh View Post
Hi, I wanna take part in.
This may be my first MP experience and I will choose LA Jomon.

Since I'm really new, could any one some suggestion about the pretender design and scale setting? All the guide articles I found were for MA.

Thanks~
Same suggestion here. I won't turn away new people just because they are new, but if you start out without even an idea about pretender design, I don't think you should be looking to start in a game involving veteran players and weird mods. Better experiment in a newbie game, and start in a regular game only if you're relatively confident you know what you're doing. (Even if only from reading stuff/playing SP - as I said I don't mind new players jumping into the deep end, but they better know how to stay afloat, even if they won't win the 100m freestyle, if you get my drift.) On top of that Jomon really is a tricky nation, requires some finesse to do well with. To the extent that I myself have looked at them a couple of times because they're kinda cool, but so far haven't come up with a pretender design I'm happy enough with to bring 'em into MP. Just saying...(Useful but not especially powerful troops, but mainly due to having diverse but low-power mages. They do require some understanding of and plan for how to "climb" to higher paths levels through forging and summoning to do well with.)

For both of you and any other new people who are intrested: I'd be more than happy to help you setup a newbie game, with or without these mods if you like. (I would advice to get to know the 'regular' game first, either vanilla, or with only the CBM mod most games on this forum use, but if you really want to try these ones out that's fine by me.) Feel free to PM me about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Aorta View Post
I'd like to play Ermor if that's allowed, otherwide I'll try Bogarus.
Sure, Ermor's fine with me. I don't like them in no-diplomacy games, but in regular game's they're welcome as far as I'm concerned. You sure you can stand the Micro though?

Last edited by Amhazair; April 12th, 2012 at 06:42 AM..
Old April 12th, 2012, 06:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

Admiral_Aorta is an unknown quantity at this point

I played them once before in a ForbiddenFriendship game and enjoyed it, though I got double teamed by Marignon and Mictlan. I think I'll go for a different pretender this time, though I did like the lord of the gates.
Old April 12th, 2012, 06:51 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Amhazair, perhaps you should open a separate thread over on the other forum for recruitment. A lot of players stick to either one or the other forum.
I suppose I'll go do just that. Mumble, grumble. Stupid double forums, making people work and sweat and all instead of comming over and reading my post over here, don't they know I only write important stuff and they all should daily come check my profile to see if I started a new tread or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerius View Post
Edit: Also, I know you like larger games but it's a bit easier to try something different in a smaller game than in one that may go on a long time and you could be stuck with mods/settings you don't like.
That's not a bad point, but as you so kindly pointed out, I prefer larger games. (Allthough I deliberatly set this one at less than full size, but still not what you can call a small game.) And I can remember that for the longest time I'd never have considered jumping into a game (of any size) with "some crazy mods I don't know anything about", so I sympathize with anyone else who thinks that. I'm really not sure when that changed, currently whenever someone suggests a mod my first thought is "sure, throw it in, we'll see how it works out and I'll figure out what works and what doesn't while playing."
Old April 12th, 2012, 06:53 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Aorta View Post
I played them once before in a ForbiddenFriendship game and enjoyed it, though I got double teamed by Marignon and Mictlan. I think I'll go for a different pretender this time, though I did like the lord of the gates.
Yeah, chances of being double-teamed increase drastically when playing Ermor, so that might happen this time around too.

Was that on the SA forums then, or have there been games with this line of mods organised here too?
Old April 12th, 2012, 06:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

Admiral_Aorta is an unknown quantity at this point

We had one game on Dom3Mods, though it didn't finish because of several players going AWOL. Despite me getting mostly killed I managed to escape to an island and set up a secret lair.
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:12 AM

Corporal

jotwebe is on a distinguished road

LA Abysia, awesomest Abysia. I would like to preside over the burning ones final defeat
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:47 AM

Corporal

skymoon is on a distinguished road

So....how many members now?
Can't help waiting for the MP. HiaHia
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:57 AM

Private

himselfbh is on a distinguished road

Hi Amhazair, count me in. LA Jomon.