Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old February 1st, 2017, 04:40 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Access Violation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
NO it's not a "bug"...........it's a way to build a company sized formation with sub formations that ONLY show up in the company but not on their own.
Neat Trick! I had never realised this must immediately incorporate into my own custom OoBs.

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old February 1st, 2017, 05:42 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It is purely a problem with ScenHack. In-game everything is fine. No crashes whatsoever. Just one or two scenarios in ScenHack fail to register properly when I click on the "make tables" function under the SQL tab - specifically six of mine all of which use modified OOBs (units from 35, 44, and 42).

Other Scenarios I've made have, however been processed by ScenHack without any problems and have produced tables in SQL without incident. These also used the same OOBs and even the same units in some cases.

I hope that clarifies things.
In which case then its probably something you have done in the barfing scenarios themselves that has caused a problem with the database table-building for some reason.

for example - have you done say, cross-attaching in the suspect ones but not in the ones that pass? Or put new leader names in and/or renamed units (but not in the ones that pass)?

Whatever it is that you did differently is the likely problem. It would be handy to know that, if you can isolate whatever that was.

If you could zip up a problem (and an OK) scenario (and any altered OOBs it needs too, any altered SHP and leader names etc as well) I'll be able to run that through the debugger and see what the thing is falling over trying to read in.

cheers
Andy
Old February 1st, 2017, 02:25 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
It is purely a problem with ScenHack. In-game everything is fine. No crashes whatsoever. Just one or two scenarios in ScenHack fail to register properly when I click on the "make tables" function under the SQL tab - specifically six of mine all of which use modified OOBs (units from 35, 44, and 42).

Other Scenarios I've made have, however been processed by ScenHack without any problems and have produced tables in SQL without incident. These also used the same OOBs and even the same units in some cases.

In which case then its probably something you have done in the barfing scenarios themselves that has caused a problem with the database table-building for some reason.

for example - have you done say, cross-attaching in the suspect ones but not in the ones that pass? Or put new leader names in and/or renamed units (but not in the ones that pass)?

Whatever it is that you did differently is the likely problem. It would be handy to know that, if you can isolate whatever that was.

If you could zip up a problem (and an OK) scenario (and any altered OOBs it needs too, any altered SHP and leader names etc as well) I'll be able to run that through the debugger and see what the thing is falling over trying to read in.

cheers
Andy
OK. Thanks for the offer! That is a pretty big zip file though. I'll see what I can do. Will get on it by Friday - weekend at the latest.

It can't be cross-attaching or leader names as in both cases I've done that liberally. Same goes for loadouts, leader names and unit designations.

Last edited by RecruitMonty; February 1st, 2017 at 02:35 PM..
Old February 7th, 2017, 02:59 PM

Captain

Quote:
Quote:

cheers
Andy
Dear Andy,

I've given it a thought and I think the best thing I can do is recommend you download the mod itself - since all of the scenarios I'm having trouble with use most of the mod files anyway.

Then I'll send you a dropbox link by PM to the broken scenarios, which you can then download separately and check over.

That is, if you still fancy taking a peak.

I'll provide the links to the relevant posts in the mod section below:

Version 1.1P (the full mod compatible with v10 minus the recent updates):

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showp...&postcount=368

Version 1.1.5P (a mini update to 1.1P, which should be installed in case I missed anything from it in the latest version of the mod):

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showp...&postcount=396

Latest version (incl. nine scenarios, which are problem free vis-a-vis ScenHack and one which isn't - Scen. 413):

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showp...&postcount=400
Old February 7th, 2017, 04:10 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecruitMonty View Post
Dear Andy,

I've given it a thought and I think the best thing I can do is recommend you download the mod itself - since all of the scenarios I'm having trouble with use most of the mod files anyway.
It's Andys call to make but I can assure you he is more than busy enough with the two official games without a new puzzle to deal with so really.......don't expect any action on this until after the updates are released.
Old February 7th, 2017, 04:21 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Yes, really not interested in having to download a huge mod file and try to figure out what itty little bit of wrong data or whatever it is that's causing the tool to hiccup. If it was just a scenario and an OOB, maybe - but not a virtual rewrite of the entire game in 3 parts, sorry!.

Maybe remind me again in the summer - right now, I have a patch to get sorted.
Old February 7th, 2017, 04:37 PM

Captain

Quote:
Yes, really not interested in having to download a huge mod file and try to figure out what itty little bit of wrong data or whatever it is that's causing the tool to hiccup. If it was just a scenario and an OOB, maybe - but not a virtual rewrite of the entire game in 3 parts, sorry!.

Maybe remind me again in the summer - right now, I have a patch to get sorted.
Fair enough .
Old February 7th, 2017, 04:38 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_rocks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
NO it's not a "bug"...........it's a way to build a company sized formation with sub formations that ONLY show up in the company but not on their own.
Neat Trick! I had never realised this must immediately incorporate into my own custom OoBs.
Indeed. It is not a bad idea. Would fix some of the clutter in my OOBs too.
Old February 7th, 2017, 08:12 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Clutter in the purchase screens and also useful to keep unusual and powerful subformations from being purchased by players that don't understand, or care, about the reason only one squad in a platoon has say an ATGM or sniper and would purchase three (four) per platoon if they could.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old February 8th, 2017, 01:16 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

This is the way we build AI only formations way back in the beginning to balance the picks being made. But in that case the WHOLE formation was renationalized so it didn't show up as a purchase option in the game for human players but the AI picked it happily and if we felt it needed a bit more of this or that we could add. Once we got the code that all started to change and those AI formations went the way of the Dodo but at the time it allowed us to build better formations for the AI to use so this is not a "new" trick by any measure. Some OOB's have more sub formations set up that way than others for all the reasons Suhiir mentioned

Don