.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 24th, 2009, 10:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

Hoplosternum is on a distinguished road
Default Leaving MP so some nations up for grabs

Unfortunately pressure from work is making me give up Multiplayer. It is difficult for me now to even get the turns in. Planning and diplomacy have largely disappeared. Work is really building up and with the present economic climate I can't afford to be distracted by these games. I find I am kept awake at night as much by these as the possibility of losing my job! So sadly I am going to have to give them up.

Rather than just switch all my powers to AI immeadiately I thought I would give others a chance to take them over.

None of these powers have much chance to win I'm afraid but they are all in quite interesting positions which could be built on with a bit of diplomacy.

The games are:

Timewarp - Fomoria (Turn 44). Mid table obscurity. Locked in a war with fellow also rans MA C'Tis who is raiding with fully tooled up Flying Bane Lords But Fomoria still has plenty of Cloud Trapezing Thunder Striking Fomorian Kings , troops and mages and has driven off his armies and deadly dominion. Other borders peaceful and plenty of diplomatic potential.

Wheel of Time - Utgard (Turn 63). There are two dominant powers and Utgard is not one of them But the big two - Bogarus & Jomon - are fighting each other. Bogarus has just cast Arcane Nexus and he is also fighting Utgard as well as some others along with Jomon. Decent Blood and Death income. Plenty of Mages and some SCs including some of the Bloods. Interesting late game for those who like that kind of thing

Chlorolera - Vanheim (Turn 31) This is the worst position I am in. Also the game appears to be approaching the end. There is a low VP cap and the Admirals' Shinuyama are very close to reaching it. Unfortunately while Vanheim now borders them and is close to one of the (AI Controlled) Capitals he needs we have a problem. Manchaka is all over us like a cheap suite. Maybe the Manchakan Pretender BillyWitchDoctor.Com is secretly in league with the Admiral He is beseiging our capital (again), but Vanheim still has many troops and mages and those Seeking Arrows are still giving. We have thrown him back before and should be able to do so again. But this position needs some planning and a lot of diplomacy. This is not a double blessed Vanheim but we do have plenty of magical diversity and unbesieged forts for those lovely Skinshifters.

I will hand over these games to anyone who fancies taking them on and fill them in on the diplomatic positions, treaties and enemy tactics such as I know them. Any not taken will be switched to AI in a few days.

Hopefully I will be able to return to MP in a few months time. But for now I will have to go back to just SP to get my Dom 3 fix. SP games can afford to wait a week when the pressures of work get too heavy

Just let me end by saying how much I have enjoyed playing MP and how much I have learned. It is amazing what strategies you see and how quickly you learn and improve by playing MP. So thanks to everyone - friends and foes - that have made playing with and against you so enjoyable and interesting over the last year or so

Last edited by Hoplosternum; January 24th, 2009 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: Edited for spelling ;)
Old January 24th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Tifone is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Leaving MP so some nations up for grabs

Hope you'll solve everything asap and return with us, pal
Old January 24th, 2009, 10:29 AM

Captain

cleveland is on a distinguished road

It is with great sadness that BillyWitchDoctor.com learns His perpetual enemy will be entering temporary retirement.

Great game, Hoplosternum! Your cleaver and crafty play has made Chlorolera a load of fun for me. Hurry back!

Cheers,
cleveland

ps - BillyWitchDoctor.com's hatred of Vanheim is surpassed only by His hatred of Shinuyama! Among others!
Old January 24th, 2009, 11:56 AM

Lieutenant General

archaeolept is on a distinguished road

sorry to see you go, Hoplo. Late game Dominions can get a bit demanding; I think most of us here have experienced that. If it is adding to your stress it is best to take a break for a while.
Old January 24th, 2009, 12:14 PM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road

Hoplosternum: sad to hear - I have enjoyed playing w/you. I think a lot of us are feeling the economic stress. In fact, your post made me feel guilty - I should probably be paying more attention to RL too. Oh wait, I just signed up for another game....doh!

Anyway, good luck, and hope to see you back!
i crossed blades with the mightiest warriors of the golden age. i witnessed with sorrow the schism that led to the passing of legends. now my sword hangs in its scabbard, with nothing but memories to keep it warm.
Old January 24th, 2009, 12:32 PM

Sergeant

Slobby is on a distinguished road

Sorry to see you go Hop, I've enjoyed our little war. Quite unfortunate as I'm ready to throw something new at you!

I hope everything works out for you so we can duel again!
Old January 24th, 2009, 03:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

Thanks for all your kind words. And good luck in all your games while I'm away
Old January 25th, 2009, 04:36 AM

Corporal

zzcat is on a distinguished road

Perhaps I can sub as Utgard in Wheel of Time. The economic depression affects many people's rl. Anyway, it gives me more spare time to read and to study the game
The Following User Says Thank You to zzcat For This Useful Post:
Old January 25th, 2009, 10:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

I have sent you a pm
Old January 25th, 2009, 05:28 PM

Corporal

Pelthin is on a distinguished road

I will take your other:
Timewarp - Fomoria (Turn 44). Mid table obscurity. Locked in a war with fellow also rans MA C'Tis who is raiding with fully tooled up Flying Bane Lords But Fomoria still has plenty of Cloud Trapezing Thunder Striking Fomorian Kings , troops and mages and has driven off his armies and deadly dominion. Other borders peaceful and plenty of diplomatic potential.

If you have no other offers.

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pelthin For This Useful Post: