BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old October 21st, 2013, 09:39 PM

Private

tokiedian is on a distinguished road
World winSPWW2: Japanese localization project

皆さん、お初にお目にかかります。I' m tokiedian, Japanese. Although I'm a beginner at the game, I was enchanted by it and hope it become more popular, especially in Japan. However, most japanese are very weak at English, like me(Ha,ha…). So I think we have to japanize winSPWW2 for it spread.
However, the project mentioned above will be in remote future. First of all, I began to translate the game guide and briefings of scenarios and campaigns. For the time being, the thread is the place where I ask meaning of passages which I can't understand. どうぞよろしくお願いします。
Additionally, I don't have Adobe Acrobat, so I can't make Japanized game guide with pdf when I finish translation. Are there someone who replaces english sentences with Japanese one of pdf game guide? I will offer the translation that you can understand which japanese paragraphes correspond to the origine english ones

Last edited by tokiedian; October 24th, 2013 at 12:33 AM..
Old October 22nd, 2013, 11:01 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPWW2: Japanese localization project

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokiedian View Post
Additionally, I don't have Adobe Acrobat, so I can't make Japanized game guide with pdf when I finish translation. Are there someone who replaces english sentences with Japanese one of pdf game guide? I will offer the translation that you can understand which japanese paragraphes correspond to the origine english ones
There are some very good, free PDF creation tools out there you may want to look into. I use PDFCreator for a lot of my stuff.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 01:43 AM

Private

Thank you very much for your kindness in teaching me, but the Japanized game guide requires to replace original English sentences with Japanese ones, so I need ways of editing pdf text directly or converting it into office word text and re-converting the edited one into pdf text. However, I'm not able to convert the pdf game guide Mr.Cross converted into correct office word text.
And…I have three section I can't understand.

From "Game Play Note"
Also, bar the Russians who tended to advance a complete company in a single line, platoons would tend to advance either '1 up' or '2 up' in UK parlance, though 2 up is normally kept for the assault.

I can't understand "'1 up' or '2 up' in UK parlance" so I can't understand the whole of the section. What does it mean?

From "Unit Info Screen"
Inf Command
A reflection of how good this leader is at infantry related tasks.

If he is performing an infantry function, or is near a subordinate he can sometimes influence their or his actions depending on this value. If he successfully throws a 'skill roll' and has a higher value in some skill than the subordinate then the subordinate will use his higher value for that skill.

The other skills, armour, artillery etc, work in a similar fashion. Therefore, having skilled leaders very close by (within 3 to 5 hexes or so) is good in SP series games.

Low here, this guy is a tanker! (Note, in a mixed formation, if the leader is a tanker and the majority of the subordinates are infantry, he will not be able to help them much).

Art Command
How good this leader is at artillery related tasks, such as directing fires from a remote battery. A key variable for calling fires, naturally better for proper artillery units, or for artillery OP units. Again low as he is a tanker by trade.
Arm Command
This is high, as he is a armoured unit commander.

In this section, "tanker" seems not a ordinary tank driver but a incompetent guy to me. What does tanker mean?

From "Unit Info Screen"
Air unit height is shown for planes, you alter altitude for these items on this screen, for on map air units (helicopters) Changing altitude costs MP, so you may not have enough to climb.

I can understand the section saying roughly. However, I can't see relations between its sentences or phrases. Please rewrite it easier to understand with conjuntions or other words.

Would you mind telling me about these things?
Old October 23rd, 2013, 05:01 AM

Corporal

zastava128 is on a distinguished road

Welcome, tokiedian!

Quote:
I can't understand "'1 up' or '2 up' in UK parlance" so I can't understand the whole of the section. What does it mean?
One-up means one unit forward, two (or more) behind it. Also known as "arrowhead" formation. Example:

Two-up means two units advance forward, one (or more) in reserve. Example:

Please note: I'm not in the military so I'm not 100% sure the above is right. If someone knows better, please correct me.

Quote:
In this section, "tanker" seems not a ordinary tank driver but a incompetent guy to me. What does tanker mean?
In this context "tanker" is short for "tank commander" - a commander with a good "Armoured Command rating".

What the section is saying is that that specific leader is good at commanding tanks, but not good at commanding artillery or infantry.

Quote:
From "Unit Info Screen"
Air unit height is shown for planes, you alter altitude for these items on this screen, for on map air units (helicopters) Changing altitude costs MP, so you may not have enough to climb.

I can understand the section saying roughly. However, I can't see relations between its sentences or phrases. Please rewrite it easier to understand with conjuntions or other words.
This means you can enter the "Unit Info Screen" (right-click on the unit) and adjust the altitude/height for a helicopter (it's above the unit photo).

Also, if you can move a helicopter "up" or "down", this will reduce its available Movement Points (MP) - in other words, it will not be able to move as much in that turn.

I hope that helped and good luck with the translation!
The Following User Says Thank You to zastava128 For This Useful Post:
Old October 23rd, 2013, 12:50 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokiedian View Post
Thank you very much for your kindness in teaching me, but the Japanized game guide requires to replace original English sentences with Japanese ones, so I need ways of editing pdf text directly or converting it into office word text and re-converting the edited one into pdf text. However, I'm not able to convert the pdf game guide Mr.Cross converted into correct office word text.
You should be able to use html version of the manual and paste it into office word or your preferred word processing software, then edit it there. Once completed use PDF Creator to generate the PDF version. Depending what word processing software you use (it would need to be in a format I can access with the software I have), if you sent me the competed manual I could generate the PDF for you.

If you PM Cross on these forums he may be able to send you the file he used for editing before he converted it to PDF.
Old October 26th, 2013, 05:17 AM

Private

Here is the translation of sec.16, which is based on the index of the game guide(so there are left 48 sections...Oh, my buddha), "Unit Info Screen" and the original. The japanized text corresponds to original English one. For example, the 5th paragraph of Japanized one corresponds to the 5th paragraph of the original one, and the japanized one has the same space between the paragraph as the original one. Then, passage which have link are specified as the following; //a japanized passage/the original one/ Therefore, you will replace originals with the translated texts, if you can't understand Japanese. I hope I will upload one section per several weeks.
>>#5, Double_Deuce
Well....That's right. We can make pdf format text with office word. I hoped for the Japanized Game Guide whose layout is the same as the original one's.(´・ω・`) I'm sorry for dealing with my rubbish.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 16 Unit Info Screen.zip (8.7 KB, 148 views)
Old October 26th, 2013, 11:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road

As silly as it may sound, Adobe Acrobat doesn't really do any acrobatic maneuvers when it comes to editing PDF files. Yes, the irony of Adobe products.

If you want to do extensive editing for any PDF files, you have to use either Adobe Illustrator, or, Adobe Dreamweaver.

Illustrator is perfect for editing an "as-is" PDF file, i.e, you don't have access to the source files (source files are usually a Microsoft Word or HTML files). Dreamweaver, on the other hand, is perfect in this case because we have access to the actual source file (an HTML SP Game Guide). Unfortunately, because I haven't installed a single SP game in my brand new machine, I wasn't able to have my hands dirty on the HTML Game Guide.

Tokiedan, check this sample PDF file I created using Adobe Illustrator!
(Without the source file, it is a MUCH harder work. You have to edit every single line of text and extend the table format to accomodate Japanese texts. Hopefully, I can install SP tomorrow or the day after, and after that it will be a piece of cake to replace English texts with Japanese ones.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Binder1.zip (619.8 KB, 202 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to RightDeve For This Useful Post:
Old October 27th, 2013, 08:11 PM

Private

RightDeve, Thank you very much! I checked the sample. It's awesome! I'll hasten the translation
Then, I upload the translation of sec.7 "Main Game Screen".Now I'm translating sec.8 "Playing a Single Battle", so don't miss it!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 7 Main Game Screen.zip (1.5 KB, 141 views)
Old October 28th, 2013, 11:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road

OK, I just finished installing both MBT & WW2, and about to start the PDF creation when I noticed the "Main Game Screen" Japanese text is garbled in some sort of ANSI non-Japanese characters.
The "Unit Info Screen" text shows up fine though, as it is in Unicode mode.

Maybe you should save the txt file in Unicode encoding instead of ANSI.

Cheers!
Old October 28th, 2013, 12:43 PM

Private

I'd re-saved it in Unicode. I'll check this from now on
Attached Files
File Type: zip 7 Main Game Screen corrected.zip (1.5 KB, 155 views)