.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old June 11th, 2010, 10:23 AM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road
Default (Brainstorming) Steam-punk

Every single nation gets to recruit sacred, resource intensive, KILLER ROBOTS. For reasons that are the same as why-blood-magic-works, all KILLER ROBOTS are piloted by young girls.

Killer robots typically have modest magic powers (nominally their pilots do) for use in self-buffing, and some slots for weapons and misc. items.

Deceased nations - C'tis (folded into Pythium), Pangaea (folded into Arcoscephale - or could exist, but would have to be autospawn only), Utgard (folded into Midgard).

The nations would be -
Abysia: All human-bred now. Giant robots look like scaled-up demonbred.

Agartha: Now underwater. The land agarthans are extinct, but wet-ones remain. Generally stealthy.

Arcoscephale: Gets a few pangaea and oceania units, either recruitable or summoned.

Atlantis: Returned beneath the waves, but must surface to obtain sacrifices for their blood god. Has a mixture of mictlan-type and LA atlantis-type troops. Giant robots have an aztec "frog" theme.

Bandar Log: All monkeys, all the time, with 6 armed robots.

Bogarus: Their robots are big, clunky and soviet. Don't ask.

Caelum: Most native Caelumites are now wingless, but their *robots* (and a few other units, now all sacred) have wings.

Ermor: Is now full of more friendly, recruited undead. Dominion still kills population, but more slowly (like pre-patch R'lyeh.) No dominion spawn but has numerous freespawners, animaters, etc. Giant robots are made of bones, naturally, and piloted by vampire girls.

Gath: Robots are named things like "Goliath class" and so forth.

Jomon: Robot samurai, mainly. The robot dragons are capital only. You knew this was coming.

Marignon: Has *red* robots with giant crosses on them. These robots shoot fire.

Man: Has *green* robots with giant crosses on them. These robots are faster.

Mictlan: Think "seven cities of gold", that is, giant gold flying feathered-serpent robots. Doesn't do blood sacrifice. Yes, I know that's Incan. Sue me.

Midgard: Has *invisible* (that is, glamoured) giant robots. Spells are available to summon giants (who can then fight robots.)

Pythium: Robots are serpent-themed. Get's the LA C'tis undead summons (C'tisians are extinct.)

R'lyeh: Driven into caves (that is, on land). All recruitable again, gets a mix of human-type agarthans (many of them devolved into Moorlocks), and of star-spawn hybrids.

T'ien Ch'i: Ruled by blood-magic wielding eunuchs. Robots look rather classically like Ogres.

Ulm: Has *blue* robots with giant crosses on them. These robots are tougher.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old June 11th, 2010, 11:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

Swan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Brainstorming) Steam-punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPraetorious View Post
Every single nation gets to recruit sacred, resource intensive, KILLER ROBOTS. For reasons that are the same as why-blood-magic-works, all KILLER ROBOTS are piloted by young girls.

Killer robots typically have modest magic powers (nominally their pilots do) for use in self-buffing, and some slots for weapons and misc. items.

Deceased nations - C'tis (folded into Pythium), Pangaea (folded into Arcoscephale - or could exist, but would have to be autospawn only), Utgard (folded into Midgard).

The nations would be -
Abysia: All human-bred now. Giant robots look like scaled-up demonbred.

Agartha: Now underwater. The land agarthans are extinct, but wet-ones remain. Generally stealthy.

Arcoscephale: Gets a few pangaea and oceania units, either recruitable or summoned.a giant 3headed doglike robot goes here, maybe slap a saint seya summon spell

Atlantis: Returned beneath the waves, but must surface to obtain sacrifices for their blood god. Has a mixture of mictlan-type and LA atlantis-type troops. Giant robots have an aztec "frog" theme.i think the disney movie "atlantis" is a perfect source here

Bogarus: Their robots are big, clunky and soviet. Don't ask.

Caelum: Most native Caelumites are now wingless, but their *robots* (and a few other units, now all sacred) have wings.

Ermor: Is now full of more friendly, recruited undead. Dominion still kills population, but more slowly (like pre-patch R'lyeh.) No dominion spawn but has numerous freespawners, animaters, etc. Giant robots are made of bones, naturally, and piloted by vampire girls.

Gath: Robots are named things like "Goliath class" and so forth.

Jomon: Robot samurai, mainly. The robot dragons are capital only. You knew this was coming.

Marignon: Has *red* robots with giant crosses on them. These robots shoot fire.not a warhammer expert, but there isn't a relygious fanatic army with robots?

Man: Has *green* robots with giant crosses on them. These robots are faster.

Mictlan: Think "seven cities of gold", that is, giant gold flying feathered-serpent robots. Doesn't do blood sacrifice. Yes, I know that's Incan. Sue me.

Midgard: Has *invisible* (that is, glamoured) giant robots. Spells are available to summon giants (who can then fight robots.)

Pythium: Robots are serpent-themed. Get's the LA C'tis undead summons (C'tisians are extinct.)

R'lyeh: Driven into caves (that is, on land). All recruitable again, gets a mix of human-type agarthans (many of them devolved into Moorlocks), and of star-spawn hybrids.

T'ien Ch'i: Ruled by blood-magic wielding eunuchs. Robots look rather classically like Ogres.

Ulm: Has *blue* robots with giant crosses on them. These robots are tougher.Fullmetal alchemist is something i suggest look into
this is a wonderful idea, but i have a question
1)steampunk theme means a)robots or b)robots plus trains, machineguns, bombs(i'm looking at you, arcanum)?
i wrote some ideas, maybe they are no robot friendly, but i think robot eveywhere maybe boring

Emo worm's summons
Prydain, deathborn kingdom
Nameless city expansion pack feat. swan's herd
Venexia, the most serene republic
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:53 PM

Major General

Trains, definitely. Breech-loading rifles, yes. Machine-guns? Maybe Ulm would get them. Not otherwise.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old June 11th, 2010, 02:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

Swan is on a distinguished road

some ideas, pretty random, don't know if they are possible
-shockshield: big shield, decrese shock resistance, increase mr, cast "chargebody" on the wielder.[shield, forgeable]

-traintravel: teleport the caster and his army in the chosen province[spell, ritual]

-home-made gun: similar to the fiery bolas

-various kind of grenades: bonus weapon, 1-2 ammo, various effect(poison, fatigue damage, armor break)

-a flying castle(maybe a remote summon castle speel)

-a jetpack unit

Emo worm's summons
Prydain, deathborn kingdom
Nameless city expansion pack feat. swan's herd
Venexia, the most serene republic
Old June 11th, 2010, 05:07 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

This mod sounds awesome, with capital AWSUM. More awesome than even this, in fact:

Now for some brainstorming (or brainfarting, like GP calls it):
Quote:
Don't forget high siege strength.

Quote:
Arcoscephale: Gets a few pangaea and oceania units, either recruitable or summoned.
This would be the premier bronze antique giant, like the Colossus.

Quote:
And three heads!

Quote:
See above

Quote:
You meant to write "stealth field" or "thermoptical camouflage".

Quote:
Where are them tentacles?

Quote:
I vote for iron-y giants, running on tears and fumes.
Emergency comic relief

Last edited by lch; June 11th, 2010 at 05:22 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to lch For This Useful Post:
Old June 12th, 2010, 03:46 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

This mod sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to see it
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old June 12th, 2010, 03:07 PM

Major General

Gregstrom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lch View Post
Quote:
I vote for iron-y giants, running on tears and fumes.
That is truly dreadful. I take my hat off to you.

Want to use multiple mods? The Mod Compatibility Index might be useful.
Old June 12th, 2010, 06:40 PM

Major General

Further notes:
Machaka should exist, and should get spider-bots.

PATHS -
Abysia - F[SED] on robots.
F2B2S1D1E1 in capital
F1B1S1D1 everywhere

Agartha - W[EFD] on robots.
W2E2F1D1S1 in capital
W2E1F1 everywhere

Arco - SN on robots
S2N2E1F1W1 in capital
N1E1F1W1 everywhere

... with a similar pattern, every nation gets X2X2X1X1X1 in the capital, and either X2X1X1 or X1X1X1X1 everywhere else, with robot commanders (which are mostly recruitable everywhere) having 2 picks.

How's this look?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ULM 128x128_ii.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	10205  
Old June 12th, 2010, 08:57 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

I think the robot is brilliant, personally.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:42 AM

Major

Fantomen is on a distinguished road

The robot has a nice shape. I don't like the color though. And it's a bit too dark. I'd tone the blue down and make it look a little dirty, and add a few shades of grey to highlight the black areas.