.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old April 18th, 2011, 12:30 AM

Corporal

Sajuuk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The best PD ?

Conditionally, Fomoria PD are not THAT horrible-at least compare with jotun or monkey pd, they have advantage in number, if buffed with fog warrior or other spells, tons of 30+HP militia can be really good chaffs.

The best PD in cbm? agartha, without explanation
Old April 18th, 2011, 05:09 AM

Corporal

Festin is on a distinguished road

I have once routed a fairly large Fomorian PD with 4 common longdead. They are like comic relief characters of Dom3.

Marignon PD is quite nice, with all those crossbows.
Old April 18th, 2011, 05:27 AM

Sergeant

NooBliss is on a distinguished road

LA Ermor has a good PD. Unbreakable, with longdead horsemen if you pay enough.
Of course, LA Ermor doesnt have much gold to buy it most of the time. But I dont understand how is LA Ermor buying PD in the first place; it's not like they can recruit some dead people by paying them gold (that's Nehekhara). Dead people join them for free - but that's freespawn, not PD.
Old April 18th, 2011, 06:10 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

I'd say monkey PD is better than Jotun PD. The high HP doesn't count for jack when they can't hit anything, and it's not like they can swarm the attacker. At least the monkeys can throw a few rocks and arrows...

Hinnom used to be scary until the nerf. EA Abysian probably has the best PD. They have no archers, which is good, since thay can be drawn away with cheap decoys. Very strong units, with high protection for EA, and on top of all a heat aura on all troops, meaning any thug raiding has to be fire resistant, if they can take the PD at all as I've seen numerous thugs, Bane lords and Sleepers, get killed by Abysian PD.

Now, if mod nations count, I'd say Hellgate(Amos) has the most ridiculous PD. :P
Old April 18th, 2011, 06:12 AM

Captain

Jarkko is on a distinguished road

I quite like the Pangaea PD. Not necessarily alone, but it is IMO one of the best PD's (not quite up there with Sauromatia or LA Tien Chi PD's, but not that far behind) to support an army.

Harpies to crash into the enemy on round one. If it is a lonely thug, the harpies get a chance to kill off the thug before he can buff up. Nothing is more fun than to see enemy mages/ranged units unleash hell on the harpies -> it always gives me a warm feeling inside to see all the collateral damage it causes. The PD harpies provide excellent distraction so that Revelers, Centaurs and Minotaurs from the army (or PD) get a free run to the enemy.

Centaur Archers provide quite the sniper power with their longbows and high precission. Round after round after round they provide deadly accurate barrages, firing from behind the berserkers at front.

The satyrs are a bit meh, but if the PD is supporting an army the PD automatically moves to the flanks. Not only that, but the Pans actually have time to buff the satyrs before they get into melee. Oh, and they have javelins they can chuck over the heads of the berserkers.

Now, if the intention was which PD alone, under PD strength 20, is great, then I wouldn't place Pangaean PD very high. But if the PD is strong enough, they provide quite amazing support for an army.
Old April 18th, 2011, 09:31 AM

Sergeant

Kobal2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooBliss View Post
LA Ermor has a good PD. Unbreakable, with longdead horsemen if you pay enough.
Of course, LA Ermor doesnt have much gold to buy it most of the time. But I dont understand how is LA Ermor buying PD in the first place; it's not like they can recruit some dead people by paying them gold (that's Nehekhara). Dead people join them for free - but that's freespawn, not PD.
The money isn't to buy the undead - it's to pay for the corral to keep them all in one place instead of shuffling off in random directions absent supervision
Old April 18th, 2011, 04:56 PM

Sergeant

Doo is on a distinguished road

Even the undead like to go to the arcades to play Space Invaders, thats where the PD gold goes. Can you imagine an arcade machine where the joystick is a bone and its played by a skeleton?

I'd agree with EA Abysia being possibly the best. Very tough armor, especially for EA, and the heat aura. If your fighting in your own dominion the aura stacks on the 2-3 Heat easily making EA Abysia the best PD in the 1-20 range, for its versatility and size of bog standard armies it can stop or maim.