.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 30th, 2009, 02:26 PM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legends of Faerun - Closed (Game started)

Jazzepi:

I know the pain. But I had 2 games [same time, same nation!] with very good chances to win. But both ended in a draw [I was an admin in one], because of either people going AI or general lost of interest. It sucks after investing so much time and killing some people and really building nice powerhouse [like 75% forge bonus on Nataraja].

LA Agartha guide
Old August 30th, 2009, 02:47 PM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

@ Jazzepi

My comments about the wars against the AI were aimed at the entire game, and not at any individual(s). I apologise if you thought my comments were aimed at you, but I'm not sure what I can do if our past disagreements and whatever grudges you hold against me, results in you interpreting my comments as being directed at you.

Several nations made huge gains when their neighbours went AI, and it's impossible to deny that it seriously affected the course of this game in a very negative way. I know nobody asked to have AI neighbours, nor am I suggesting that anyone did anything wrong in having AI neighbours. But none of this has any relevance to the fact that too many nations gained powerful positions in this game due to staling or AI neighbours. And this directly affected the credibility of the game, and played a significant part in the decision to end the game without a winner. (and just one of several reasons why I whine whenever I see the AI appearing in games)

And I also intend to continue to whine and moan about players turning AI or dropping out of games until I see an improvement. As I am very tired of my games being disrupted or ruined by it happening, and my time wasted as a result. Such as the fine example on offer here. If anyone claims that nations turning AI is either a good thing, or something that doesn't have a huge effect on the outcome of games, then they are pretty much delusional as far as I'm concerned.
Old August 30th, 2009, 05:41 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Are you f-ing kidding me Jazz? If it makes you feel any better, ok Jazz won. Hurrah for him, well played. All hail the brilliant strategist who dominated all!

It boggles my mind that you can in one breath complain that it's not your fault that you were handed a position to chain wish every turn and milk a massive blood economy, then in the next complain that "your" victory was snatched from you by the very same thing. I very much abhor the way this game has gone and it irks me more than a little to have your little whiny fit point fingers at me as being indicative of the problem. This game was trashed by all the people dropping and I'm at least as ticked about it as you, it's mind boggling that you lash out at me. As I stated I'd be happy to keep playing if there were several people still significantly invested in this game, but my feel was that most players are phoning it in at this point with half the nations staling, people fighting AIs, etc. I don't feel right asking multiple subs to come in at this point given the scarcity of subs lately, nor to ask several people tepid about the game to spend hours each turn fighting AIs *only to be eventually crushed by the guy who milked a massive early advantage handed to him*.

This isn't about finding a sub for Lanka, I'm not sure where the hell you got the idea that this is about me. There's an Aby sub coming in. There's an unfulfilled request for a Fomoria sub. There's a need for an Ulm sub. Several of the remaining players have mentioned they're not super keen to keep playing with all the mess from the drops. This game is limping along something fierce.

So good job Jazz, you won a victory you can feel proud of. Just take your whining elsewhere.
Old August 31st, 2009, 03:02 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Ahh, since Jazz is my underling, I guess this is a Pan win then? Wonderful... a first. I would like to thank God (me), and all my wonderful underlings for this win. It really humbles me.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old August 31st, 2009, 03:59 AM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

The free and independent republic of Caelum lizards (yeah, that's pretty much all that I had left at the end) rejects any and all foreign claims to our territory. We threw those sneaky Norse usurpers out of our provinces, and we evicted from our swamps the ugly overgrown cripples who came next.

Long live the free Caelum Lizard Republic.

P.S. Mucho thanks to Helheim and Fomoria for a couple of really fun wars!
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old August 31st, 2009, 04:08 AM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

I don't know whats up - but I think its almost impossible now to get 10-20 players to commit to a game that should last a year.
Too small a probability the game will finish. Too huge an investment in time considering the likelihood that the game won't finish.

I'd like to second what others said- it almost has to be a clique of players that know each other.

I'd also like to suggest that you have a couple of admins/standbyes.

They're purpose would be to play a turn or two whenever nations started to look as if they were going to stale.
Old August 31st, 2009, 08:33 AM

Sergeant

Revolution is on a distinguished road

back from vacation (sorry I didn't mention it, I had planned to be able to continue to do these turns and maybe just eat one stale...) but I gotta go to work and won't be able to get my turn in in time. A 4 hour extension would be nice but if you don't see this in time it's ok if I stale again, my fault for not finding a sub and whatnot.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 04:39 PM

Corporal

duncanshriek is on a distinguished road

Hi

I'm posting here because there can be a bunch of veterans expected with newly gained free time to spend.

I'm looking for a sub in ComfortZone for Jotunheim.

There are 1 and 1/2 other competitors left for winning that game.
Jotuns income in turn 108 was around 500 gems, 500 slaves and 10000 gold.
It would be nice if somebody would spend that income more skillfully than me.