.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old December 9th, 2005, 03:39 AM

Corporal

RedRover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Abysia CB 5.0 AAR

TURN 149
Well, that didn’t work. People showed up in Vankara Sound, another ocean province; population 10,840; and this time I know that Unrest increased from 0 to 72. My guess at this point is that the Unrest is a simple function of new population; maybe either 7,200 or 3,600 people were added. Again, I’m not fanatic enough to have all my populations recorded and tracking for each province each turn. But I’m going to try it one more time, with the province number, and see what happens. That will be it for the program; at 150 Astral gems per Wish, I’ll be alchemizing heavily to do it again this turn, and…CRAP!

South Halewood just lost its entire population!?! #$@#%! It even wiped the PD down to 0! Looks like the Wish spell, if used for population, is heavily crocked, in addition to being uncontrollable. I’m not a happy camper this turn.

Next try: “Move population from province 44 to province 107.” Hope springs eternal. Province 44 is Ulm’s capital, province 107 is the old C’tis capital I’m trying to repopulate. I’m copying the turn before resolution in case I want to go back and play with the Wish spell some more. This has nearly sucked my gem reserves dry.
Old December 9th, 2005, 03:47 AM

Corporal

TURN 150
Nope. All the Wish did was teleport the entire population of The Pit (mine) into the Ardahan Bog (also mine). I find the names of the involved provinces suitably ironic.

So, the effect of wishing for population is a totally random population teleport that cleans out a friendly province, sending the destination province into major Unrest (125 in this case). What a waste of 150 Astral gems!

I am so frustrated I try to end the game immediately by wishing the Ulm Pretender dead. I get a flat refusal—in fact, any command I try (and I try about a dozen) that includes the Ulm Pretender name is refused outright.

OK. So I default to plan B. The Manticore puts on the cursed charm-beanie (aka Crown of Overmight) and empowers Astral to make up for losing his Astral Cap.

The Devils will arrive at Ashdown Castle in two turns. Time for the Oracle to DIE! DIE! DIE!

Nuts! I just realized that with two more turns of Blood empowerment, my top Blood mage could summon one of the three nasty blood ubersummons. I get right on it. (Easily distracted? Who, m…what did you say?)
Old December 10th, 2005, 02:21 AM

Corporal

TURN 151-152
All quiet. I mess around with busy work while empowering my Blood mage. My forces close in around Ulm's capital at Ashdown.

On turn 152 I decide I’ve had enough and set up the last assault. Screw the uberfiends. (Hey, I’m going to be a god. What are they going to do?) Maybe I’ll bring in the unholy trio next game.