BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old July 20th, 2018, 03:27 AM

Corporal

Isto is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Minor issues

Maybe its always been like that and might be hard to change but anyone find it strange that paratroopers are lost when dropping to a small lake ?

Wondering are there any additional benefits apart from +exp and +morale that is coming with the commando status ?

Made me wonder when algerian basic infantry is at same exp and morale than syrian commandos with similar weapon setup and algerian infantry is 20 pts and syrian commandos are at 30 pts.

Molotov seems also quite expensive for that cheap crap it ought to be.

Last edited by Isto; July 20th, 2018 at 04:09 AM..
Old July 20th, 2018, 04:00 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road

Here is a minor issue I have. Yes it is minor but it does exist for me.

I was used to seeing white, yellow, green color in the unit info text, for the vision of the unit. Now for some reason all Load Cost have colors too. Annoying as it is right below View and I have to pay more attention to it. (depending on the type of unit)
Old July 20th, 2018, 04:07 AM

Corporal

Yeah, this game seems to be so customable that maybe there is some colorhack utility where u can arrange those as you like ?
Old July 20th, 2018, 08:19 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isto View Post
Maybe its always been like that and might be hard to change but anyone find it strange that paratroopers are lost when dropping to a small lake ?
Because it's hard to swim when you drop out of the sky with 80 pounds of equipment and land in a lake and paras don't have a swim rating for the above reason.

Quote:
Wondering are there any additional benefits apart from +exp and +morale that is coming with the commando status ?
The answers are in the game guide. After you read it you will know. The forum is not a shortcut. Load the GG.... press ctrl+F and type commando

Quote:

Made me wonder when algerian basic infantry is at same exp and morale than syrian commandos with similar weapon setup and algerian infantry is 20 pts and syrian commandos are at 30 pts.
Because the Syrian Basic exp and morale is in the mid to low 60's and Algeria is 10 points higher and Syrian commandos only get a 10 point boost......you do have a fascination with SF units don't you ?
Quote:
Molotov seems also quite expensive for that cheap crap it ought to be.

That "cheap crap" can take out a tank and if it's all you have it can be worth the cost..which isn't as high as you seem to suggest

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; July 20th, 2018 at 08:30 AM..
Old July 20th, 2018, 08:25 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdll View Post
Here is a minor issue I have. Yes it is minor but it does exist for me.

I was used to seeing white, yellow, green color in the unit info text, for the vision of the unit. Now for some reason all Load Cost have colors too. Annoying as it is right below View and I have to pay more attention to it. (depending on the type of unit)

Then I guess you need to pay more attention now then.

It is beyond my comprehension how showing load cost in green is in any way a problem for anyone but apparently, you are making it one but it's not going to change

EDIT..... Vision is only ever white or Yellow, never green so what's the problem ?

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; July 20th, 2018 at 09:39 AM..
Old July 20th, 2018, 10:07 AM

Corporal

Yeah but there are strange issues like the molotov being more ecpensive than a stachel charge (hizbollah) and same helicopter with two mgs costing the same than with 1 mg. Infantry with identical stats and equipment but more ammo for their bazooka both costing the same. Dont really matter though but the choices are obvious. Just made me feel strange between those.

Ah yeah, thanks for pointing that out.
Old July 20th, 2018, 10:49 AM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

Love the white, green, red and yellow text, it's really helpful. Can we also use blue?
Old July 20th, 2018, 11:04 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

A molotov is a flame weapon. Flame weapons are special in SP series games, in that they can ignore all armour - even if the target is an M1A2. Flame weapons also can make a fire in the impact hex that blocks LOS, spread smoke around the place. flame attacks are extra bad for the receiver's morale. Flame hexes are bad for other troops and can cause morale effects and possibly even casualties to troops that subsequently stick around in them. A molotov is a baby flamethrower. Flame weapons are extremely good anti-tank assault weaponry.

SSI made flame weapons special from SP1 - and players soon realised so, and limbered up with cores made up of assault engineers with flamethrowers.

We have toned flame attacks down from the enthusiastic way they started out, but they still remain one of the best assault weapons. Even if they do not kill the tank, they usually rout or retreat it.

So the points calculator charges more for the molotov, since flame weaponry is double plus good.

Me - I try to avoid troops with molotovs since their use tends to block LOS for my supporting armour or ATG. other players still probably turn their core infantry into elite assault pioneers.

And sachel charges are not particularly much use - they are a simple haversack of explosives after all with just canvas round it. So if dropped in the open, some blast is about all you will get dissipating rapidly, with no shrapnel value other than any loose pebbles lying about. The things do not even have the metal heads of the several grenades in a Geballte Ladung bundle. They were designed to be poked through a bunker's slit with the fortification walls providing the blast reflector "tamping".
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old July 20th, 2018, 11:14 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Oh - and if you have a query about points costs for particular units, then post that in the TO&E thread, after reading the sticky message on "error reporting procedure" at the top first.

But the main thing we usually find when we get a complaint about x weapon is cheaper than Y but "has the same/more ammo" - the "cheaper" one may have several HE rounds and the expensive one more HEAT or AP. HE is cheaper than HEAT and AP (which usually doubles as HEAT for bazokoids as they substitute HEAT as AP ammo for weapons that are not in slot 1 - only weapon slot 1 can have HEAT, as explained in the Mobhack help, which gives more detail than the Game Guide wrt mechanics, specifically the 222 code in this case).
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old July 20th, 2018, 11:36 AM

Corporal

Same weapon same ammo type.