.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old August 2nd, 2012, 06:51 PM

Private

Kurt Montandon is on a distinguished road
Disk "Gold Dawn" small scenario; looking to be tested

So, I'll be setting out on making a series of at least a dozen scenarios under the moniker "Gold Dawn," which parallel "Red Dawn" but set in California (and in '85, not '84, for my own reasons).

They'll follow one another in storyline, being in the same geographical area (Northeastern California), but won't be a campaign, as I desire to provide the player with a wider variety of units than a campaign would make possible.

In any case, here's the first, and I'm looking for judgement as to whether it's too hard or too easy for the human player. I'm leaning towards "too easy."

There's no text file - I'll write that up later - you're a NG mech. company commander defending a rural airfield from a mixed-bag of Soviet light armor and mechanized infantry in a hasty attack. They're trying to take the airfield with advance forces before it can be heavily reinforced.

Not all of your troops have a full ammo load, and a couple of M113s are replaced by trucks due to the strategic situation. Expect a single M60A3TTS sent in a hurry from the 221st Armor Battalion in Nevada on a tank transporter as a reinforcement, as well as a pair of F-4Cs (the name's modified, as there aren't F-4Cs in the SPMBT OOB, but that's what were flown by the 163d Tactical Fighter Group out of Reno in '85).
Attached Files
File Type: zip RogersField.zip (44.1 KB, 162 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kurt Montandon For This Useful Post:
Old August 3rd, 2012, 03:28 PM

Corporal

Kartoffel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Gold Dawn" small scenario; looking to be tested

Sounds interesting, I just downloaded it and will give it a try today.

--------St. Thomas Aquinas
Old August 3rd, 2012, 09:56 PM

Corporal

Kartoffel is on a distinguished road

Update:

I got a decisive victory using a medium risk strategy of deploying some of my M113s as 50 cal anti-tank units (I managed to kill 2x BTR and damage one BMP with a lucky 2 pen shot to the rear door). While this did not end well for my m113s I was still was able to stave off the soviet advance long enough for arrival and participation of my patton which saved my bacon. I only ended using about half the allotted time. I would have to say as far as difficulty goes your scenario provides a good medium-easy level of enjoyment. Its not frustratingly difficult while at the same time not so easy as to be a boring cakewalk.

I particularly liked the placement of the US scouts as I was able to use them to both carefully pick off routed units and recon from their tactically sound vantage points, only losing one to a sneaky Russian sniper.

As far as suggestions go: rather than scrapping the entire scenario you might want to consider making a harder version of the same thing and have Don or Andy include both with the next patch.

Anyways, thanks for the great scenario!

--------St. Thomas Aquinas
Old August 4th, 2012, 04:06 AM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road

Only about 1/2 way through so far but the Dragon Teams have pretty much handled all the enemy vehicles. The M60 has been icing on the cake so far, picking off stragglers. Don't it expect the enemy to last much longer.
Old August 5th, 2012, 04:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road

Have lost 53 men and 2 APCs, while Soviets 145 men, 17 APCs and 10 tanks. Had 4087:413 score what gave me decisive.
Pretty good scenario, I wouldn't actually harden it but instead bring the soldiers' values back to original SPMBT ones, so NG at base EXP 65 and Morale 70 (if I recall correctly) and Soviet Naval Infantry on EXP 75 Morale 80. This should already make it harder as Soviet training may prevail.
Old August 7th, 2012, 03:51 PM

Sergeant

Oche is on a distinguished road

very good scenario, small & fast, got a decisive victory on turn 11. Keep 'em coming