.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Land of Legends

Old August 11th, 2007, 10:02 PM

Private

Imbrium is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A Note from the Developer

I found my way somehow (I think it was from IGN.com or Fark.com, but it might have been 4c and /v/) to Game Tunnel's top 100 indie game list and I was fascinated by the blurb about your fantasy game. Once I read that each race had only 4 units I was like "Wow, I know these guys must be on to something!"

Then I read the "Note from the Developer" article.

That note mirrors what I've been yammering about to my friends for the past year! I've loved the Paper Mario games for that very reason! I love old SNES RPG's like Seiken Densetsu series which dealt with relativly small numbers and focus on using special abilities to maximize efficiency.

Final Fantasy Tactics I became unhealthily obsessed with for years because (although it dealt with "bigger" numbers) bonus's to stats were very valuable. Every weapon had it's own purpose. Bows were very very different from crossbows, Axes and maces had their own special differences from swords, etc.

I love game theory, and although I'm going through Comp Sci right now in college, I'm not deluding myself with getting a job as a game designer, but I'm still gonna apply a few places just in case I can make it.

Any who, TL; DR version: I whole heartily agree with the design of this game, and applaud the developers for using an awesome model. I can't wait to play it, when Monday rolls around and my bank opens I'm gonna deposit some cash and order this game ASAP.