.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Land of Legends

Old February 14th, 2006, 10:15 PM

First Lieutenant

PhilD is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tough Scenarios

Take as many cities as you can, kill any unit that Evil converts, and try to contain those he moves out of the enclave. Kill any healers, especially - bruisers are bruisers, but healers make them last longer.

When Evil is looking for a new target city, recruit some cheap unit in any city he might be able to reach; that way, all he can do is kill it, and then you can kill it back and no damage was done.

Don't waste resources killing Evil, unless you have nothing better to do - he'll just come back.

Also... Arcatta units are good here. Apprentices in mountains, Sorceresses anywhere but the open, and Archmages everywhere all can survive a hit from Evil. Use them, abuse them, and have them heal each other. Then you can turn the tide.

Hags are nice, but when Evil is nearby, keep them to the mountains as much as you can.
Old March 1st, 2006, 09:33 PM

Private

how786 is on a distinguished road

I'm really stuck with "A Simple Plan". I can't seem to get the 55k needed. I get the final city on turn 13 or 14 but not the money.
Could someone be more specific with a spoiler?

"Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood it."

"There is nothing at all in either chemistry or physics that even remotely explains human consciousness."

Niels Bohr, Nobel Prize winner, Physics, 1922
Old December 19th, 2006, 07:33 AM

Corporal

Ming is on a distinguished road

MeMyselfAndl,

This is rather late as your post is in Feb (before I even heard of this game) but I hate to see you give up.

Don't give up. Have another try. I just finished my campaign so memory is still fresh even though I don't have the game with me.

T1 Mystic.
T2 Orge, <second wind> Ogre
T3 Mystic
etc.

I found that an Ogre and a Mystic is sufficient to kill the Tank that the AI keep sending up towards my capital on the first few turns. Keep a second pair for rotation as the initial pair gets wounded. Send an Ogre or two to influence the neutral city to the East and build dwarven units to help you conquer the other cities north of the mountain range. Use the fountain and cities to heal your troops. In the meantime use units build in the capital to push SE. I had little trouble capturing the first city using second wind. The rest should be quite straight forward (an remember to trap tanks against non-clear terrain).

I lost very few units in this scenario.
Old March 19th, 2007, 03:32 PM

Private

Gerry is on a distinguished road

i am stuck on "gnome insane" on legendry level. nothing seems to work. i can beat it on normal but not on hard.

a blow by blow spoiler would be great if anyone remembers how they beat it.
Old March 25th, 2007, 08:17 PM

First Lieutenant

Against Gnomes, Monks are the perfect weapon. No retaliation by Legendmakers.

I just re-did that scenario, and won it by buying a Monk first turn, then a Prophet, and then only Monks except one Prophet from time to time when the other one died. Kill the Gardeners early, since most of the time you won't be able to finish off the attacking units in one turn.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 02:49 AM

Private

Rikolus is on a distinguished road

OK, I dunno how I did it but I cannot win the 1st Scenario of the Final set, THE HAUNTED WOODS. Those sickly types need $35,000 by the end of T15. I have tried many combos and must just be missing it. Those darned statues of Elves are deadly, and you cannot afford to build too many units or the $35K goal is unattainable. Any help greatly appreciated.
Old June 29th, 2007, 06:32 PM

First Lieutenant

Try recruiting a Missionary, and "attacking" a statue.
Old September 27th, 2007, 04:19 PM

Private

bruno116 is on a distinguished road

Hi I''ve been playing the game for a while, and have really enjoyed it but i got stuck on the Orc - Path to glory stage.

Can't seem to get past it without being wiped out

Any advice would be nice
Old October 16th, 2007, 03:26 PM

First Lieutenant

In the standard version, you have an Ogre, so it's pretty easy - use your Mystics to move him to the top right city on turn 1, and you can grab cities even before the AI has significant forces. I just replayed the scenario, and won on turn 7.

In the Legendary campaign, the Ogre becomes a Wyvern Rider, so you don't have as much hitting power. What you have to do is make full use of the regeneration power of the Wyvern Riders, and the Mystics to move them away from harm. The AI will buy Archangels as often as it can, and these are extra tough. Send a small force to the south to grab cities (Mystic, Raider and Wyvern Raider), the rest to the east. Using Mystics, you can have units on two cities on turn 1.

On turn 1, the AI will buy a Paladin. Move a Wyvern Rider to the northeast city: the AI will attack it and buy an Archangel. Thanks to the regeneration and the low movement of the Archangel, you can kill the Paladin without retaliation the Paladin. I just replayed the scenario, and won on turn 10, having only lost the Raiders (the AI bought 2 Archangels, but never more; I grabbed cities too fast for that).