.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old July 30th, 2019, 03:21 AM

Sergeant

sigeena is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Italian Long Campaign

Turn 2-5

EN tanks were spotted moving along the southern flank towards 2nd Coy sector. Fortunately, our tanks are in the sector. I move them forward to take a position that allows flanking fire.

Old July 30th, 2019, 03:33 AM

Sergeant

Turn 10

It was quite obvious that the deployment of the 90mm guns were ideal as their frontage was rapidly littered with wrecks of EN armoured vehicles.

By turn 13, all EN armour was destroyed.

Old July 30th, 2019, 03:36 AM

Sergeant

Turn 19

There was a short lull from Turns 14-19 as the EN infantry was slowly moving forward after the total loss of their armour. Our infantry has largely remained where they are throughout the early turns. Our HMGs have been moving very vigorously towards the EN concentrations.

The 90mm guns are also taking long range shots at EN infantry. Once their ammo are depleted, they will abandon their positions. EN artillery is very heavy but very slow in arriving. I think they are mostly the General Support kind.

Old July 30th, 2019, 03:43 AM

Sergeant

Turn 27

We note at least 2 EN companies moving towards 2nd Company. The southern sector remains the EN primary objective. We plot artillery fires on the head of the column and let our tanks assail the flank of the other.

Turn 32

The EN progress is relentless. They are gradually worn away but they keep pushing forward. Their artillery is also finally finding its mark, and my HMGs grow silent to their front.

Turn 36

I've began concentrating 3rd Company to the aid of 2nd Company and their collective fires are having visible impact on the EN advance. This is probably the furthest the EN got to at this point.

Old July 30th, 2019, 03:46 AM

Sergeant

Battle Report at Turn 39

Once 3rd Company linked up with 2nd Company, the EN forces began to sound retreat. Overall we won, without having to commit at least 1 third of our troops.

The 90mm guns were very good. They are alot like the 88mm FlaK guns. The bad thing is I can only get them in defend battles.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sigeena For This Useful Post:
Old August 1st, 2019, 04:46 AM

Sergeant

Seems like the High Command likes to throw my battalion into defensive battles. Next up, another Delay engagement.

The terrain doesn't look too good, as there's very little good ground to anchor on. I supplemented our core with the following support forces

S0- M-13/40 Section
T0- Ammo Carrier (for Arty Park)
U0- Ammo Carrier (for 75mm ATG)
V0- Flak Section
W0- 25mm ATG section
X0- 75mm ATG section

The 75mm ATGs have a PEN of 9, and pretty good accuracy. Their only downside is their lack of AP ammo at 10 shots only, which is why I decided to provide them an ammo carrier to ensure they have additional shots.

With both ATG sections co-located with 3rd Company, my plan was to strong point the centre. Most of my infantry are in dead ground. The 1st 5 turns will probably consists of the HMGs engaging targets near the edge of the plateau.

Once we identify the EN armour thrust, we will adjust with our own tank section. Hopefully they approach near the centre so that our ATGs are best able to influence the battle.

Old August 1st, 2019, 04:52 AM

Sergeant

Lorries were spotted advancing along the south, towards 2nd Coy. My HMGs start to light them up as soon as they come into 1200m range.

Matildas are spotted coming along the centre. Due to the speed disparity, I can expect to encounter the A13s first and then the Matildas with their infantry. Matildas (Front ARM 8, Rear ARM 6) are going to be problematic to deal with. The only AT asset capable of destroying them are the 75mm ATGs (PEN 9)

Old August 1st, 2019, 07:24 PM

Corporal

anlubue is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your AAR! I've learned a lot and it's nice to be able to watch over your shoulder during the game. (I also learned that reading your AAR too late, is not smart if you have to get up early the next day, but that's not your fault.)

Old August 2nd, 2019, 03:30 AM

Sergeant

Turn 7

The EN came very fast. And they were knocked out equally fast. A closer look at the 3rd Coy's strong point. The ATGs remain hidden while the light armoured stuff are being taken care off by my tanks. I position my tanks just behind some dead ground, in case they need to take cover fast.

Of my infantry, I leave my commanders aboveground to keep a lookout for EN infiltrators. If there are, my HMGs will engage them. All my infantry units, less the HMGs are ordered to keep their fire till the EN is 100m away.

By turn 12, most of the EN tanks are destroyed, leaving behind the Matildas. 2 of them are coming towards 3rd Coy while a platoon of 3 are moving towards 1st Coy.

H Platoon of 1st Coy lies in wait for the approaching Matildas. I Platoon will screen for any EN infantry on their flank.

Old August 2nd, 2019, 03:52 AM

Sergeant

Turn 18

EN infantry are beginning to bear their weight on 2nd Company. Counted about 1 and half company strength. The half company was probably attrited by my HMGs earlier.

Elsewhere in 3rd Coy sector, the Matildas-CS are getting closer to my ATGs. Unfortunately, my 75mm gun crews are cowering from the EN artillery. Hopefully, they recover in time to man their guns.

H Platoon have managed to immobilise 1 of the Matildas. The platoon fall back to take up positions against the remaining 2.