.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > ProSimCo > BCT, ATF, AATF and Battle Group Commander Series
Notices

Old December 7th, 2006, 12:05 AM

Private

Neptune is on a distinguished road
Default AATF - Tactics and doctrine....

Hello, I recently ordered AATF (I do not have it yet) and was wondering if you could recommend some reading material; FMs, articles, ect, that would be particularly useful in helping one to understand how to employ doctrine in this game. I did a search but could not find the article you mentioned at wargamer website. I have some expoerience with tacops 4, and also a fair bit of knowledge of tactics and doctrine due to studying FM's for a while. But it seems I learn alot more much faster by experimenting with professional grade Sims. There are simply too many FM's and they all sound important. A bit overwhelming. Not to mention very dry and dull reading.
Also I was wondering if I will be able to learn and familiarize myself with the TTP's used to command mainly armoured forces, as in ATF? You mentioned that the ATF missions could still be played in AATF, so I'm assuming the answer is yes..? Basically what I mean is that will I be able to learn tactics that are not exclusively heliborne ops? Realism is my main priority which is why I chose this game. Any help is appreciated. Looking forward to recieving AATF.
Old December 7th, 2006, 10:27 AM

Brigadier General

Patrick Proctor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AATF - Tactics and doctrine....

Thanks for your purchase! Games should ship on 12 December 06 for all preorders.

Here is the tactics article at the wargamer, Air Assault 101.

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/air_assault_101/

In it are references to a bunch of FMs that will also help. Most of these FMs are also provided on the CD that ships with AATF.

You should get exactly the same ATF experience playing the game in AATF, only better. It will include all of the GUI improvements over ATF, as well as the new damage model, improved AI, and other enhancements. The tactics for ATF scenarios remain the same whether you are playing the scenarios in ATF or AATF. Sound, combined arms, mechanize warfare tactics are the key to winning ATF scenarios.