Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old April 26th, 2008, 02:33 AM

Private

Kruniac is on a distinguished road
Default All Weapons, Fire!

I really enjoy the WW2 and MBT games. However, one thing that drives me insane is when both my units and the AI's fire everything they have at armor. Its frustrating to have 4 infantry squads, who have no anti-armor capabilities, fire volley after volley of rifle opfire into my tanks.

Its also frustrating (and time consuming, which is my biggest gripe) to have my (and the AI's) armor fire machineguns in a tank battle.

Is there anyway to stop this? IIIe's and IVd's against Chars last about 23897234 years, because of the pause the game makes during resolution of machinegun fire against each other.

I could have swore that in Steel Panthers, you could disable weapons from being used. Maybe my memory is off - I havent played that game in ages.

Anyways.. Any way to prevent the AI from using rifles and machineguns on armor they clearly can never penetrate? Grenades obviously arent bothering me, as they can immobilize my vehicles, so its worth it.
Old April 26th, 2008, 02:41 AM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Weapons, Fire!

But it is realistic Tanks are natural bullet magnets for everything - if YOU were in the place of poor no-AT-weapon-equipped schmuck, would you just sit idly or would you try to atleast fire with your rifle, hoping the crew of the tank may get distracted enough (or convinced of strength of defense) to withdhraw? It would be hard to count how many infantry lives were saved by mere presence of friendly tanks soaking up rifle and MG fire, but I'm convinced it'd pretty large number

As for turning weapons off, just click on the weapon in Unit Informations Screen.
Old April 26th, 2008, 02:49 AM

Private

Kruniac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Marek_Tucan said:
But it is realistic Tanks are natural bullet magnets for everything - if YOU were in the place of poor no-AT-weapon-equipped schmuck, would you just sit idly or would you try to atleast fire with your rifle, hoping the crew of the tank may get distracted enough (or convinced of strength of defense) to withdhraw? It would be hard to count how many infantry lives were saved by mere presence of friendly tanks soaking up rifle and MG fire, but I'm convinced it'd pretty large number

As for turning weapons off, just click on the weapon in Unit Informations Screen.
I can understand that, if the armor would actually withdraw. They dont. No amount of rifle fire is going to keep me from Rallying my suppression down, and hosing down infantry. Likewise, no amount of machinegun fire from enemy armor is going to pop my tank.

I get the fact that by allowing my tanks to take the fire, I'm letting the enemy use up its volleys, and believe me, I use that to my advantage. I guess the real problem is the richochet sound that plays when a rifle or MG is used against my tanks. It takes a bit of time to cycle the resolution when compared to normal infantry on infantry (or infantry on anything but I tank)

If I cant stop the AI from wasting bullets, can I at least make the bullet-vs-tank resolution cycle faster?
Old April 27th, 2008, 02:50 AM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

Even if it doesn't withdhraw, it is at least buttoned, ie has poorer vision.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 07:18 AM

Corporal

Shan is on a distinguished road

You can change the game options' settings, try to decrease the graphics + unit move delay, this will save you some time in battle. You could of course disable the MGs of your own units or if you have the CD version then you can use advanced opfire settings.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 07:35 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Reducing message delay goes a long way to speeding up the game.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old May 3rd, 2008, 08:03 PM

Corporal

Brummbar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
DRG said:

Reducing message delay goes a long way to speeding up the game.

Don
Thank's Don. That did make it play faster.

"One death is a tragedy; a million is a statistic."