Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old March 1st, 2007, 04:56 PM

Corporal

JeffGeorge is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Cyber Nation

Beck,

I have no plan to go into Peace mode despite my recent defeat. I wish to keep the option open to wage war when necessary. I am in favor of your proposal, but I'm not sure what it is that I need to do to enact it.

Jeff

Jeff
Old March 1st, 2007, 05:06 PM

Sergeant

GuyOfDoom is on a distinguished road

Ah, so I have been doing better than most. $$$ has just bumped people ahead of me.
Old March 1st, 2007, 05:14 PM

Private

Forlorn_Hope is on a distinguished road

The guy is just under my strength range. I'll let him build himself up a little bit tomorrow, and then declare war on him. (BWL1989) Sorry I didn't realize this was happening before... Didn't realize pages 21 and 22 were there D:
Old March 1st, 2007, 05:18 PM

Corporal

Do as you wish, Forlorn_Hope, but know that I will disavow all knowledge of any such actions. I'm in no position to have him come down on me again. After all, I'm the one that started the previous war.

Jeff
Old March 1st, 2007, 05:19 PM

Corporal

Beck is on a distinguished road

JeffGeorge: It should work like this (or at least it worked with the Baron). I will place the donation on your behalf with CN. Once they process it (its usually pretty quick, my first one took a couple of hours but the others have been within five minutes) they will credit you with a donation and send you a post to that effect. You should notice that you received the following: $400,000 CN, 200 added to your infrastructure, 200 added to land and 20 added to your tech levels. Once you receive it, simply go to your foreign aid and send me the $200,000 which will leave with $200,000 to rebuild with as well as the improvements which by themselves should bump up your nation's strength considerably. We both end up ahead.
Old March 1st, 2007, 05:38 PM

General

capnq is on a distinguished road

Quote:
President_Elect_Shang said: @capnq: Don't deploy your troops; deployed troops can not be used to send in an aid package. Deployed troops can only be used for you to attack another nation. There is also a minimum cap on the amount soldiers you can aid (some percentage you can't go below for your own protection) and if you have 107 troops and getting a message 0 of 0 than you most likely have troops deployed and are below this percent value for home defense.
No, that's not it. I was told I had 0 troops available for aid regardless of whether I had deployed any, and my total troops were over the 80% limit and upsetting my population. (In fact, after I deployed some, my people stopped complaining about too many troops.)

Changing my Defcon level didn't make a difference either. The only other possibility I came up was that perhaps you're not allowed to send troops to a nation with a higher strength rating than your own.

No one has either verified or refuted the suggestion that I found in the FAQ, that there's a minimum nation strength to be able to give aid.

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.
Old March 1st, 2007, 05:48 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Beck said:
Jeff George: It should work like this (or at least it worked with the Baron). I will place the donation on your behalf with CN. Once they process it (its usually pretty quick, my first one took a couple of hours but the others have been within five minutes) they will credit you with a donation and send you a post to that effect. You should notice that you received the following: $400,000 CN, 200 added to your infrastructure, 200 added to land and 20 added to your tech levels. Once you receive it, simply go to your foreign aid and send me the $200,000 which will leave with $200,000 to rebuild with as well as the improvements which by themselves should bump up your nation's strength considerably. We both end up ahead.
That sounds fine. How do you go ahead and make a donation on my behalf? I'm in.

Jeff
Old March 1st, 2007, 05:56 PM

Corporal

Beck is on a distinguished road

Okay JeffGeorge, I made the donation on your behalf with CN, you'll hearing from them shortly.
Old March 1st, 2007, 05:58 PM

General

capnq is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Will said: Which reminds me, the little slingshot scheme isn't going to work if everyone's out attacking. It would probably be better if we use PES's idea to form a second alliance that doesn't do any attacks, and leave the wars to the Wombat Protectorate. We can do rotations between the two, but the other alliance will need to have a strict rule of no declarations of war allowed.
Fiducia would definitely be interested in joining a pacifist co-alliance; we'd much rather build up our economy than our military.

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.
Old March 1st, 2007, 05:58 PM

Private

Forlorn_Hope is on a distinguished road

Oh, the war is already over? Darn...