.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Coliseum

Old December 10th, 2003, 04:08 AM

Sergeant

StormcloudCreations is on a distinguished road
Default Full "Gold" Version completed!

FYI: The full "Gold" Version of Coliseum has been finished, tuned and submitted to Shrapnel for finalizing and CD pressing (subject to whatever final testing or processing they do).

A little late true (sorry about that everyone), but I spent that time tuning up the game, adding several new features and tweaking things a bit, including:

-Adding new sharper artwork to many pop-up screens, including the strategy change screen in the combats

-Adding new various detailed events pop-up report that various warriors (including your own) can be involved in, either in or out of the arena (which you may be fined for if it includes one of your guys doing something unsavory, which is subject partially to their Intangibles rating)

-Adding a "Memorial" screen that keeps a list of your killed or retired warriors of the past and why they departed

-More assorted bad potions effects possible

-A "head-to-head" stat on the match-up screen so that you can see a glance how each of your warriors have fared in the past against the upcoming challenger in their careers (win-loss record; secretly increased stats are possible against certain warriors that your guys develop a rivalry with)

-An "amateur draft" feature (titled "War Academy Draft") that even includes a small scouting report for each warrior to give you hints about how they may develop to draft new young blood into the league

-Probably resolved many system issues in some cases by allowing the operating system to take over at various times and allow processing of other running things

-Fixed the problem with some systems refresh rate/resolution not being reset properly after exiting the game

So the extra time was spent wisely, as you can see! Hope everybody has fun with it.

Thanks to all who have supported and enjoyed the game so far!
Old December 10th, 2003, 05:04 PM

Major General

Psitticine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Full "Gold" Version completed!

Very cool!

Hey, who does your artwork? It's very good!
Old December 11th, 2003, 02:26 AM

Sergeant

Thanks Spags and psitticine for your nice comments! I was quite ready for the game to be completed. A variety of terrific artists helped me with the overall look of the game, some friends from my area, some people I had hired out from the net that I've become friendly with. Four people: Danny Hawrysio, Andres Villa, Jim Mardi and Alin Gradinaru (credits are dull, but I like to give credit where credit is due) were the primary people I used, and were quite instrumental in helping create various main graphics that got the look and feel of the game down. I'm still always looking for more artists talented in various forms of art creation for my projects.

Most of the buttons and "decorative" interface stuff like that were created by me using Photoshop, Macromedia Fireworks (great program) and several button creation programs.

By the way, the website has now been updated, with a new News report, and now a link to this forum added to the Home Page, so that more people can find this forum and discuss the game!

Thanks!
Old December 11th, 2003, 02:43 AM

Private

Spags is on a distinguished road

Hey Derek
Way to go! Cannot wait to play the finished product! For more added features I can wait.
Good Job!

Spags
Old December 11th, 2003, 05:33 PM

Colonel

gregebowman is on a distinguished road

Can't wait for the finalized game to come out. if the demo is just a warm up, I can't wait for the main course. I like the extra touches that were added to demo v1.01. HOpefully the game will ship soon.
Old December 11th, 2003, 07:12 PM

Sergeant

Thanks, gregebowman! Yep, the demo only actually shows about 60% of the actual game features, so it's just an appetizer.
Old December 17th, 2003, 02:54 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road

Good news on the final Version being sent over to Shrapnel. Any word on a shipping date?

Also, Derek, did you ever play the play by mail Duel Masters game? I loved that in the 80's, which led to me ordering your game.
Old December 17th, 2003, 07:04 AM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally posted by Saxon:
Good news on the final Version being sent over to Shrapnel. Any word on a shipping date?

Also, Derek, did you ever play the play by mail Duel Masters game? I loved that in the 80's, which led to me ordering your game.
I had heard about that game, but never played it. It's been referenced to me a few times, so it must bear some similarities to Coliseum.

As far as shipping date, it has been sent (I think) to the CD duplicators, so it should probably be very soon, perhaps within a week or so they should start shipping out (in my estimation, anyway).

Thanks for your support, Saxon!