winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old July 7th, 2018, 02:24 AM

Corporal

Isto is on a distinguished road
Default Minor issues

In my opinion these issues seem a bit strange:
-Helicopters seem more durable than MBT.
-Animation level does not seem to affect replays.
-Would be nice to have a "continue battle" option after game have finished adding extra turns if both players choose to have this option.
-Able to choose what ammo type is used same way as disabling weapons or smoke discharges from the menu.
-Able to turn Radar On/Off manually.
-Would be nice that vehicles would not always cause fire and smoke when destroyed. Do not know what would be realistic, but maybe something like 1/2 or 1/3.

Last edited by Isto; February 11th, 2019 at 10:16 AM..
Old July 8th, 2018, 10:13 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Minor issues

Really?

1. Helicopters can be killed by small arms fire, MBTs can't. A MBT can shrug off hits by tank shells, even the most armoured of attack helos is going down from a direct hit from a MBT.

2. I can't comment definitively on this point - I do know they don't tend to mount the targeting pods that have almost de rigueur on modern attack aircraft.

3. Many/most countries have some form of special forces - whether the OoB builder of a specific country chose to include these troop types that are rarely, if ever, operating in the FEBA depicted in the game was up to them.

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old July 8th, 2018, 02:02 PM

Corporal

Yeah but south korea might be one of the most militarily specialized country in the world regarding the quality of their troops. One of their generals, for example have invented tae kwon do and they supposedly have troops with martial expertise of masters in armed and unarmed combat.

Seems rather uneven that they do not have special forces to be wielded in this game when some countries have even in reality their special dudes are eating pizza and playing play station.

Check out hind. (Survivability 14 and armor 2)

At least in my experience damage wont stack so if damage is not over 14 it can take damage endlessly which seem unrealistic. It seems to stack with planes but not with helicopters, might be a typo in the code of game or is this intended.

Most small arms or even dedicated aa guns and sam missiles wont even damage it at all. Need area sam type of weapon to deal damage relatively well and even still could take tens of missiles to bring it down. Or better yet, only one but never seem to happen though.

Should preserve those for planes but hind can suck em dry before they ever get a change on strike elements.

Tanks are almost always destroyed with one hit of any dedicated weapon.

Seems also that being shot with twenty missiles and hundreds of aa rounds do not affect its own shooting capabilities at all.

Not an expert in warfare, but have seen mil mi-25 in this game being hit about twenty times with different kind of dedicated anti air weapons including area sams without any afect to its cababilities and when i watched a video about one of the weapons, that explosion could probably knock out buildings.

In gamewise its downward stupid, those can just fly over the map without really caring about aa fire at all, taking hits of 3xpoint cost of anti air weapons and winning anti air of 3xpoint cost in a straight shootout war. Pretty sure helicopters should not really work like that.

On thing which is also stupid is could fly to a hill where there is tens of aa elements and blast them to pieces in point blank range. Taking evasive actions nah really dont care, straight ahead.

Just trying to point out some things that really seem unrealistic and seem to unbalance the game. Dropping helicopter effectivity would be rather dull option because there are copters that do drop but hind seems not to be one of them.

Would suggest to change helicopter damage so that it works like with planes. Consulted a local military expert about this and i got a reply that it should be otherway around, that helicopters are actually quite sensitive to damage more so than planes.

Or is my version of the game not working like it should ?

One thing i found rather strange that dvina or similars area sam hit 2% to even planes with none or low on ew and still cost 100 pts a piece, why bother ?

Suppose the point costs indicate a gaming balance that different type of armies could have a change with same use of points and the idea is to be a balanced game.

If thats the idea, i could point out many units that seem under or overcosted in my opinion on what they do in the game. Should help in the progress of game balance which must be a lot of work when there is a insane amount of units and timelines. Wonder how much work have been put out to this game.

Original is one of the best games i have played and i think this is even better.

Last edited by Isto; July 8th, 2018 at 03:10 PM..
Old July 8th, 2018, 02:20 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
anything smaller than a 23 millimetre shell generally did not do much damage to an mi-24
it's SUPPOSED to be difficult to shoot down

That said, we will see what others think about this. The unit has 2 armour which means nothing under 2 pen will harm it unless there is a rare overpenetration result. BUT. if it is repeatedly being hit by weapons that should be penetrating but are not then we may need to tweak the code

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; July 8th, 2018 at 02:43 PM..
Old July 8th, 2018, 03:34 PM

Corporal

I think the main issue is the non stackable damage when any helicopter can take damage endlessly. Why copters and planes are treated differently in that aspect when both of them use the durability value.

This enables you to suck up the entirety of aa fire to one copter even it would retreat in the next turn and roam free with the others.

If i am right planes have in code that 4+4+4=12 damage but copters have 4+4+4=4 damage. Made me wonder could it be a typo or is it intentionally placed like that.
Old July 8th, 2018, 04:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isto View Post
Yeah but south korea might be one of the most militarily specialized country in the world regarding the quality of their troops. One of their generals, for example have invented tae kwon do and they supposedly have troops with martial expertise of masters in armed and unarmed combat.

Seems rather uneven that they do not have special forces to be wielded in this game when some countries have even in reality their special dudes are eating pizza and playing play station.

Please tell me you're not over 18 years old...
Old July 8th, 2018, 04:38 PM

Corporal

But it's true man. Go check urself would bet my money on south korean special forces over almost any forces on the world in man vs man combat.

They mean no joke.

Might just be a country where there is the most strict military doctrine in the whole world. In gamewise, exp (skill ?) and morale should be top notch to represent this.

Lets say like in finland (where i live) whose exp and morale is ranked much higher in this game, people here are pampered and whine basically almost from anything and ppl get traumatized mentally for life when someone was bullying them in school or they had the wrong clothes. Those kind of minds would shatter in a real war.

Its not like in the ww era, nowdays ppl are different. Mentally unstable, lazy and have no tolerance for hardships.

In south korea they are executed and military doctrine + martial law is everyday thing, they probably would hardly notice a change to a war.

Their equipment is probably so outdated thoyuh that they could be bombed to bits by ppl sitting in front of computer far away from battle.

But this game is not about that, there aint even nuclear weapons or such.

Probably should ask, does this game intend to be a game that simulates a realistic war with realisticly simulated equipment and setting ?

Last edited by Isto; July 8th, 2018 at 05:28 PM..
Old July 8th, 2018, 05:04 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Once in a blue moon someone brings up that the South Koreans don't have special forces ( and act like they cannot believe we don't have them ). I put it on the list then get busy with other things and as every release, something ends up on the bottom of the list and doesn't get done and that is one of them.....I put it on the list again. They will end up being variations of standard infantry with higher morale and experience ...just like all the other SF units ( that I personally never, ever bother with.. )

in the meantime, if they are that important to you.....add them yourself with MOBHack...that's why we put it with the game

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 8th, 2018, 05:12 PM

Corporal

That would be appreciated. Suppose it would be easy to add a new unit type with +10 exp and morale and name it as special forces or commandos. The usa propaganda unit is brainwashing you not to, that must be it!. I like to have variety, in ww2 there is more but spmbt is in more interesting era.

Russian list in mbt probably the most interesting.

I have found that exp and morale are really valuable in infantry vs infantry combat, especially morale in the system how this game works. Supressing units with suppress fire and assault them when they are routed.

Also, have some minor interest in why copter damage code is different than planes.

Justtrying to suggest how your game could be made better couse i really like it.

Shouldnt the downloadable version be cheaper than the cd version because there is no material expenses of the boxed set ?

Last edited by Isto; July 8th, 2018 at 05:42 PM..
Old July 8th, 2018, 05:18 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

We will look at the armoured copter code