This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old June 30th, 2005, 01:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road
Default Are reinforcements really in battle generator ?

Well I heard that someone had noticed that some his units were "reinforcements" in some battles and that they appeared during some later turns... He said that some units not appeared into map before 1st turn. Can this be true in WinSPMBT? I have not seen this personally yet in my battles... Is this really possible?

Warhero
Old June 30th, 2005, 01:44 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,424 Times in 2,695 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Are reinforcements really in battle generator

The AI *may* choose some of it's force to be reinforcements to enter the map at a later stage of the game. These are not extra troops they are units the AI set's aside from it's allotted points.

There are scenarios that give the human player reinforcements. Perhaps he was playing one of those?

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 30th, 2005, 01:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

Well I'm not sure if he played scen but if I remember right, he mentioned "battle generator" in same sentence. So I suppose that it was generated battle... But is it even theoretical possible that AI would set some units as reinforcements (for player too)? I didn't seen anything about this in manual...

Warhero
Old June 30th, 2005, 01:56 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,424 Times in 2,695 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Warhero said:
Well I'm not sure if he played scen but if I remember right, he mentioned "battle generator" in same sentence. So I suppose that it was generated battle... But is it even theoretical possible that AI would set some units as reinforcements (for player too)? I didn't seen anything about this in manual...

Warhero
The only way I know of for the human player to get reinforcements while he's playing in the battle generator is if he sets up an AI vs AI game then pressed the spacebar when things got interesting to play. Then you'd see them appear.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 30th, 2005, 02:28 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
DRG said:
Quote:
Warhero said:

Warhero
The only way I know of for the human player to get reinforcements while he's playing in the battle generator is if he sets up an AI vs AI game then pressed the spacebar when things got interesting to play. Then you'd see them appear.

Don
Human player may get "reinforcements" if he sets up AI buy and AI deploy but human play.

AI so-called reinforcements are merely troops held back from the initial buy "off-map" to provide follow on waves.

The AI helo desants in generated battles are one of these times troops are held off-map in "reserve".

A Human can do this in a generated battle by leaving some formations on his back lines, as I already posted in the other thread discussing this matter. Otherwise - humans only get reinforcements in a scenario if so provided by the designer.

No it is not in the manual (or only mentioned in passing) - there would be no surprise factor if we told you to look out for this or that, would there? .

Cheers
Andy
Old June 30th, 2005, 05:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

Thanks Andy to make this clear. Heh I must try that AI choose-thing and see what will happens...

Warhero
Old July 1st, 2005, 07:37 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Warhero said:
Thanks Andy to make this clear. Heh I must try that AI choose-thing and see what will happens...

Warhero
AI deplay as well - and it may not work, as I think I put code in there to ensure it only works on player=AI.

In which case start n AI vs AI game, and break in with the space bar as usual then look at the rosters

Andy