winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old March 29th, 2017, 10:26 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Reviews!

Quote:
The last straw for me was when I was in an attack mission and the AI disable my use of my art. and used my own art. to attack ME!!!!!!!!!!! I know this because I am a "hardcore gamer". I was playing as the Germans against the English in 1940 France and I was bombarded with German art.!!!!!!!!!!
My guess as a hard core gamer is you shelled yourself after losing radio contact with your off board assets. WWII in particular its worth checking you still have contact at the start of a turn before you advance under your own barrage.
Old March 29th, 2017, 10:37 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,684 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

That does sound like what happened in this case but with details this sparse it's hard to say. But that is typical for all four of his posts. In one he complains the game was built for and by Americans but Andys Scotish and I'm Canadian and his ISP address shows he's in California. In his first post in 2013 he says the same thing as now "with every patch this game has gotten worse and worse.... there is no longer any point in playing the german long campaign.."

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old March 29th, 2017, 11:28 AM

Private

grond69 is on a distinguished road

I don't normally weigh in on these type of discussions, but this time I feel I have to. I have been playing WW2 type games almost since they were invented. Got my first one in 1970. Have played the SP games since they were released. I play one or both of the winSPWW2 or winSPMBT almost every day. I can honestly say that these two games are, in my opinion, the best IGOYOUGO tactical games currently on the market. I've never seen anything remotely close. And the work that Don and Andy do to keep the game current, fix bugs, tweak OOB's and add features is remarkable and much appreciated. Especially as you are essentially doing it as a labor of love. The way opportunity fire has evolved is an example of a wonderful and extremely useful feature that did not exist in the old games.

So, Don and Andy, on the behalf of "hard core" gamers everywhere, thank you for a job well done and keep up the good work. Individuals like the first poster are living proof of the old saw: "you can't make all of the people happy all of the time".

Scott
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to grond69 For This Useful Post:
Old March 29th, 2017, 03:21 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Personally, the thing I find most surprising is that we are still...19 years later having to explain why we don't allow 88's to fire at aircraft. That goes back to the SP2WW2 OOB's.......but also to treat that rather basic OOB design decision-- that is applied equally across all OOB's-- that anyone can change with MOBHack if they want to --as if it's "poor programming".....it's just ludicrous

But the most ludicrous statment is the one he started out with in 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzeugen View Post
with every patch this game has gotten worse and worse.... there is no longer any point in playing the german long campaign... that no one has even commented on this is amazing. I'm not going to waste a lot of my time with all the long list of things that don't work....
and he repeats here today...he has the time to complain but no time to actually list the things he thinks are wrong we're just supposed to fix something only he can see that nobody else see's

so you are correct "you can't make all of the people happy all of the time".

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old March 30th, 2017, 09:03 AM

Corporal

anlubue is on a distinguished road

@prinzeugen
at first i thought it is always the same people who do frustrated because of nothing, but you are absolutely correct and it is even worse:

The makers have totally forgotten that we spend a tremendious amount of cash some 15 years ago. They are laughing at us, you can bet that they're lying in a whirlpool just by now. Side by side with Amber, Tiffany and Helga "the danish pigtail Fury". Umbrella Drinks in their greedy fingers ... these Hustlers know how to blow one's money!

If they must, they would make another money-absorbing title. Alas! (I let myself be carried away ...)

Thought about it. Now i have come to the conclusion that there is no Tim Brooks, Don Goodbrand and Andrew Gailey. They simply do not exist! It is a long-term field trial of Berkeley Institute of Ethnology, they want to find out how many decades of Service we demand for 30 bucks. My great-grandson will, at some time, read this sentence and ask himself: "Damn, these guys are 211 years old and still offer updates?!"

One question arises prinzeugen, i have to ask you this: "If you don't like the annual changes Berkley offers, why not stay with the version you like?"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anlubue For This Useful Post:
Old March 30th, 2017, 09:13 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

My guess is your attempt to inject humour will be totally lost on him......though I have to say the danish pigtail Fury does sound good

The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 30th, 2017, 09:37 AM

Corporal

anlubue is on a distinguished road

We have a saying in Germany:

"If you have Helga in the tub, you don't need princesseugen to wash 'em up!"
Old May 30th, 2017, 11:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road

There's another fellow making videos these days--Das Tactic. You can check out his spww2 presentation here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThReSOS8AVA
Old May 30th, 2017, 11:22 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Yes, he had posted some links on another thread

The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old May 27th, 2019, 12:07 PM

Corporal

Anton is on a distinguished road

The reviewer writes:
Quote:
The graphics in SPWW2 haven’t changed all that much from the original. While useful and informative, they lack the high-resolution depth and detail that many gamers are accustomed to. However, this is a game that will not overtax an older system and is a great choice for someone looking to play a decent game on a ten-year-old computer.
On the contrary, WinSPWW2 features super sharp crystal clear pixel art. No finer resolution is possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anton For This Useful Post: