.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 27th, 2008, 08:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

Darkwind is on a distinguished road
Default Tips with MA Ulm

Well, I'd like some tips on MA Ulm, obviously. In order to start the ball rolling, I'll contribute a few of my own (and some questions):

I've noticed that Ulm can get absurdly high resource values, past 300 (with Production 3, of course). This makes it excellent for indy-massing. Just build a fort on some >10-resource independents (pretty much any native tribe, shamblers, etc.) and start massing. If you're really lucky and really into it, you might be able to produce chaff on the same level as R'lyeh.

I've also noticed that MA Ulm still has access to Sloth of Bears. Thus, taking a pretender with access to Nature might be nice, depending upon whether or not bears are useful at all to MA Ulm. Would you say they are, or not?

Also, which do you think is more effective: Blacksteel infantry or normal ones? How well do you think Guardians would do against powerful sacreds (triple-9 jaguar warriors for example)?

Well, I'm done for now. Fire away with tips on MA Ulm (or perhaps reasons why I'm a stupidhead and my advice is bad)!