This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Ibology > Approaching Infinity

Old March 14th, 2015, 08:12 PM

Sergeant

Narrew is on a distinguished road
Default Question on crafting and Skill Archaeologist

I Have disassembled a few items and I thought I would be able to go back and make them, but I have the effects, but don't have the recipes to make them again. Do I need to salvage them again to get the recipe?

Also, I have an Officer with Archaeologist 2 and I wonder how is he going to help me with an artifact? I thought it was a passive ability, but still not doing well figuring out what they are? Figure that's just how it goes, just wondering if I have to go through a bunch of guesses until I hit the jackpot?

EDIT: On Officers, if I have a full compliment of 6 and am on a planet and see one that I need (right now I would love to have an engineer) would I be able to dismiss an Officer on the planet, or will I have to have a free spot available?

Thanks!

Last edited by Narrew; March 14th, 2015 at 08:34 PM..
Old March 15th, 2015, 02:00 AM

Private

Kazeto is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question on crafting and Skill Archaeologist

Just making sure, you are aware of the fact that there can be more than one page in crafting and once you have enough recipes you have to switch pages to get to some of them, right? Because unless it's some sort of unique case, you should be able to craft any item that you disassembled and got the effect for.

And Archaeologist is a passive ability; it removes some of the wrong answers when you get to the guessing stage of artefact identification (I believe it's one wrong answer removed per rank, but I never really cared that much so I'm not sure); that might or might not make it easier depending on your luck, since even after removing some answers you might be left with things that you never checked for which would still make it a guessing game.

No idea about the officer question since I generally have a team with one of every sort of officer before finding any on away missions and thus I never bother to try changing them.
Old March 15th, 2015, 10:20 AM

Sergeant

Narrew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazeto View Post
Just making sure, you are aware of the fact that there can be more than one page in crafting and once you have enough recipes you have to switch pages to get to some of them, right? Because unless it's some sort of unique case, you should be able to craft any item that you disassembled and got the effect for.
That was it , AND I remember reading that in an earlier post. I didn't think of it since the recipes didn't even fill up the page...thank you!

Quote:
since even after removing some answers you might be left with things that you never checked for which would still make it a guessing game.
That's what I figured...just hate loosing them if I guess wrong...

Quote:
No idea about the officer question since I generally have a team with one of every sort of officer before finding any on away missions and thus I never bother to try changing them.
Those Engineers are hiding from me in this game. Kind of depressing, I also wish I could have more than 6, but then again I might not be able to afford them...
Old March 16th, 2015, 03:34 PM

First Lieutenant

ibol is on a distinguished road

quick note from the developer (me!) :
archaeologist will most likely be fused with "forensics", letting one skill have both effects, and freeing up some room in one of the other disciplines.
Perhaps we should have a "Least Favorite Skill" discussion...

Bob