.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 31st, 2012, 01:21 AM

Corporal

megawidget is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Power Beyond Comprehension aka "My power is still raising!" newbie game - Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaconda View Post
There are gonna be stales if you guys dont postpone like right now!
Outside of being unhappy for really getting screwed by the RNG, I'm even more unhappy to see the staling chart:

http://www.llamaserver.net/doAdminAc...ion=showstales

If we can't get people to play their turns maybe we should restart with those who can. Whoever gets first to Arco's capital is, I would infer, in for a treat.
Old March 31st, 2012, 01:44 AM

Sergeant

Legendary League is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Power Beyond Comprehension aka "My power is still raising!" newbie game - Running

Is Acro even still playing?

Also, no. A restart this late is killer. Restarts on turn 1 are quick and painless, but by turn 10, there's no point. I'd just quit the game at that point since it took so long already to start.
Old March 31st, 2012, 02:22 AM

First Lieutenant

jimbojones1971 is on a distinguished road

Arco / Darlian seems to be submitting one turn in two at the moment, so he's staled three times in the last six turns.

Between that, the fact he hasn't really built an army, and has no provinces, I think its reasonable to assume that in effect he has quit the game. At this point, on turn 10 with provinces, turning him AI seems to be the go. If any one objects, AND can find a sub, we'll go with the alternative.

This is Sauro's first stale, but I see his provinces and army size are taking a hit so I assume there are clouds on the horizon for him. I think we need to keep an eye on the timer, and if it looks like another stale we'll pause and grab a sub.

In other news, I just found ANOTHER neighbor - my god, there are people EVERYWHERE! GAH!! CLAUSTROPHOBIA IS KICKING IN!!!
Old March 31st, 2012, 03:53 AM

First Lieutenant

Anaconda is on a distinguished road

I wouldnt worry about few stales. I was gonna stale also but manged to send the turn in some 5 minutes before it was due.

It inevidable that few players drop fast when theres so many of us and relatively complex map with still relatively small nbr of provinces per player. With good diplo even small and puny can survive, thats the name of the game. And more over, the balance of power SHOULD start to tip already. There cant be 10 equally powerfull nations in turn 50 anyways.

Anaconda blogi: voimasta _ ja _ kunniasta
Old March 31st, 2012, 03:56 AM

First Lieutenant

Anaconda is on a distinguished road

And I dont have my dom3 comp open so could anyone point me whos the one with a flagpole of golden serpent head?

Anaconda blogi: voimasta _ ja _ kunniasta
Old March 31st, 2012, 05:15 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaconda View Post
And I dont have my dom3 comp open so could anyone point me whos the one with a flagpole of golden serpent head?
The green flag with the golden head is Marverni.
Old March 31st, 2012, 06:31 AM

First Lieutenant

Wow, Agartha and Abysia are crammed in together like sardines in a can. Lucky they've got friendly neighbors like Yomi to help them out ... :-)
Old March 31st, 2012, 07:46 AM

Corporal

Rejakor is on a distinguished road

Why is everyone thinking i'm some kind of all powerful something or other

my god is dead

my strategy is terrible

my army is mostly bandits

I haven't actually researched a single tree to level 1 yet

i've yet to find a gem site

most of my troops are wounded or diseased

I don't have growth and i've patrolled so my cap is now 26k pop and it's only going to get worse
Old March 31st, 2012, 09:14 AM

First Lieutenant

I hear Arco's cap is totally pristine, if you are looking for a new one?

BTW, what went down with your god in this game? I think you might have told me, but I've forgotten already (old age and whatnot are working against me here).
Old March 31st, 2012, 11:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

krpeters is on a distinguished road

Yeah, Marveni, that's me, you'll notice I have gobs of troops and not too many provinces. I'm piling up on cheap javelineers to kill indies with. If I ever wind up in a real war you'll see that army size shrink quickly