BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old February 16th, 2012, 09:00 PM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default Rifle platoon Taiwan

Hello. I want play Taiwan vs China in 2012. Taiwan have infantry company with AT, Machigun and SAM.
In a terrain silvan I do not need much AT. In a battle without air points I do not need SAM. If I want purchase a platoon of rifle these too have AT, SAM and Machinegun.
I question, is posible put in all oobs, rifles platoons without supported units?
I could modify the oobs but I speak for battles PBEM.
Old February 17th, 2012, 06:53 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rifle platoon Taiwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Hello. I want play Taiwan vs China in 2012. Taiwan have infantry company with AT, Machigun and SAM.
In a terrain silvan I do not need much AT. In a battle without air points I do not need SAM. If I want purchase a platoon of rifle these too have AT, SAM and Machinegun.
I question, is posible put in all oobs, rifles platoons without supported units?
The Taiwanese rifle (and also it seems mech) platoons are suspiciously large at 55 or so men. I also rather suspect that infantry SAM are unlikely to be issued to the run of the mill rifle platoon, either. Only the USSR mech rifle units really had integral infantry SAMs issued at the platoon level.

Mech rifle squads #314-316 are also examples of bad design (SAM in a rifle section weapon slot). If that is done, then EW values cannot be assigned, making the weapon far less effective. MANPADS should be in proper separate Inf-SAM or AAA vehicle elements.

It will need further investigation, and especially input from anyone "in the know" re Taiwanese organisations.

Cheers
Andy
Old February 17th, 2012, 08:20 AM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rifle platoon Taiwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
The Taiwanese rifle (and also it seems mech) platoons are suspiciously large at 55 or so men. I also rather suspect that infantry SAM are unlikely to be issued to the run of the mill rifle platoon, either. Only the USSR mech rifle units really had integral infantry SAMs issued at the platoon level.

Mech rifle squads #314-316 are also examples of bad design (SAM in a rifle section weapon slot). If that is done, then EW values cannot be assigned, making the weapon far less effective. MANPADS should be in proper separate Inf-SAM or AAA vehicle elements.

It will need further investigation, and especially input from anyone "in the know" re Taiwanese organisations.

Cheers
Andy
Ok Andy. Thanks for response.
If one count with infantry platoons only rifles and separetly support units is more easy combined the troops in relation to type of battle and to the terrain.
Regards
Old February 27th, 2012, 10:47 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Rifle platoon Taiwan

Andy and Roman,
Sorry I didn't get this to you both sooner but I "lost track" of these refs and my mini vacation crept up on me as well. Seeing Don's comments that he is understandably "closed for business" maybe these can be kept for next year if discrepancies exist. I hope they will help though, again my apologies. Do note it appears their Reserve Forces are setup the same as their Regular Forces as I recall from reading these a couple of weeks back.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...army-intro.htm
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...army-orbat.htm
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita.../taiwan/rf.htm

Regards,
Pat