World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old April 18th, 2009, 05:49 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road
Question 10.5cm LG 42 Stats?

Hello everyone,

After a quick search of the forum (using the search function) I couldn't find anything with this as a heading. Anyone have any idea how this thing shaped up in comp. to the LG 40? Is it pretty much the same (at least in game terms) or are we dealing with a marked difference?

I also heard there were two versions. Anyone know about the differences between those?

A while ago I remember reading something about the 8cm PAW 600 on this forum. I recently came across mention of a 10cm PAW 600 (also designated as "10H64"). Anyone ever try and put one (or both) in game?

I am restructuring my PaK units at the moment and am finding it hard to come up with guns for the medium and lighter classes.

Regarding the lighter guns the main problems have to do with longevity and choice. Thus far I have relegated the PaK 38 to a light AT role (along with the Püppchen and 105mm LG40 (data is still pending on the 42). The two Recoilless rifles can be in service up until 1959 as the Soviet and American counterparts are fairly similar. What about the Püppchen though? How long should the PaK 38 stay in service do you think?

I have encountered the same problem with the medium guns. The PaK 40 and a couple of other 75-76mm guns are all I have. Those 75 calibre guns aren't much to write home about past 1950 though. What should I replace them with? From 1954 onwards I thought of upgrading the 105mm Recoilless Rifles to something equivalent to the US ones of the period (105mm). That would give me a decent enough medium gun for a decade or so.

I had thought the PAWs might make good replacements for the medium and lighter guns. But, as the PAWs are all on lighter carriages and they can't be called conventional AT guns (at least as far as I know) I'd be tempted to classify them all as light AT guns irrespective of calibre. What do you guys think?

Also what do you guys think about mounting the 105mm LG40/42 on the Schützenpanzer variant of the SWS? Or on any of the others, for that matter?

Thanks in advance,

Monty

Last edited by RecruitMonty; April 18th, 2009 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: Another question needed asking.
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:40 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 10.5cm LG 42 Stats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecruitMonty View Post
Hello everyone,

>>>>>>>>>>>> The two Recoilless rifles can be in service up until 1959 as the Soviet and American counterparts are fairly similar.

Quote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>I have encountered the same problem with the medium guns. The PaK 40 and a couple of other 75-76mm guns are all I have. Those 75 calibre guns aren't much to write home about past 1950 though. What should I replace them with? From 1954 onwards

Given this it the winSPWW2 forum and the game only extends to December 1946 what exactly are you talking about ???

Don

Last edited by DRG; April 20th, 2009 at 05:14 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old April 19th, 2009, 04:45 PM

Captain

I thought, since I was mainly dealing with WWII era equipment I'd post the queery here. I have been working on a mod for WinSPMBT which uses a lot of this kit. Any ideas?
Old May 2nd, 2009, 07:59 PM

Captain

Sorry for the "double post", but has anyone had any ideas yet? DRG? Mobhack? Have you two come across this weapon before? Do you have any idea how I should model it?