.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Coliseum

Old January 30th, 2004, 08:54 PM

Sergeant

StormcloudCreations is on a distinguished road
Default Developer Notes: Jan. 30

Hmm...I think I have a solution to keep the MP3 music in the game. I may need a few people to test it on in a little bit (maybe a day or so) that had problems with the "warping" music or "has encountered an error and must exit" problems before, so I can make sure it works. Feel free to e-mail me (my e-mail listed on here works fine) if you're interested in testing.

The 1.6 patch will also include a few new enchantments, and a new feature or two.

I may add a "quest" feature where you can send your warrior to explore a mysterious place. He may return with gold and upgraded stats from experience (there will be two difficulty levels of quests: Minor and Major Quests), where Minor quests give regular awards for lesser risk, and Major Quests give higher awards for more risk to your warrior (risk of injury or on very rare occasions, death). Bonuses can range from a small amount of gold to a larger amount of gold, from 1-2 points to a stat or two, to up to 4-5 points bonuses to some stats for the Major Quests. Bonuses would be randomly determined after the quest completion.

It would give players an alternative, somewhat faster (but slightly riskier) option to traditional training. The warrior would unavailable for fighting or anything else for the duration of the quest, of course (the duration would be displayed). What do you guys think of this idea?

OT: Thanks for the kudos from a few people given in the Last day's notes. I really believe customer service is the cornerstone of the success of any small business, and I intend to live up to that for as long as Stormcloud Creations is around, whether I end up with 10 customers or 10 million. No big secret: I simply treat gamers the way I would want to be treated.

Thanks!
Old January 30th, 2004, 09:09 PM

Private

Spags is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Developer Notes: Jan. 30

Hi Derek
I e-mailed you for testing the patch. I think it is a great idea to have quest mode but, if possible, could you allow us to tell our warrior what to go for instead of random?(Example: I already have a ton of gold but I want to build my 3rd string warrior's stats so I'd send him for that.)

OT:On yesterday's post you talked about Pudge and I assume you like/follow Baseball. I am a big fan. I think Pudge is on his way out and wants to get the "BIG" bucks and finish with whoever(Tigers) pays him. Whats your favorite team?
Thanks

Spags

[ January 30, 2004, 19:10: Message edited by: Spags ]
Old January 30th, 2004, 09:20 PM

Sergeant

StormcloudCreations is on a distinguished road

I should have said the main benefit of quests is gaining stat points. You may or may not gain gold as well.

Did you have sound problems though, spags? I didn't think you did. I'll put you on the test list anyway.

OT: Yep sure do love it. Went to see my first Dodger game when I was about 11 or so (anyone remember Fernando-mania?), loved it ever since.

I think you're right, Pudge is just trying to milk Last year's success for whatever he can get. But Detroit? I'd be like me being offered more money to make games for Global Star or Encore or some cheap little shovelware publishing outfit like that, that'll never be anything but bargain bin/back of the Wal-Mart aisle publishers. I'd take the money I guess, but I wouldn't have too much pride about it.

My fav team is (was) the Seattle Mariners, but they're in trouble I think. They've become a Punch-n-Judy singles-hitting type team with decent pitching, and that won't get it done over the long haul in this league these days, as evidenced by Last years collapse. I like the Dodgers too...just wish they could have actually got some offense to go with all that great pitching.

[ January 30, 2004, 19:21: Message edited by: StormcloudCreations ]
Old January 30th, 2004, 09:42 PM

Private

Kane is on a distinguished road

hey Derek, good to know that you working hard to further improve Coliseum... i like the quest idea, that would certainly add some variety to training your fighters... what other features are you working on?

i did have sound problems, your no music patch resolved them, and i would be willing to test your new solution, provided that i don't have to reinstall (im in my fifth season and Bane Ravenheart, my 24 years old warrior has won 3 championship and just recently he killed 2 fighters in a row 8 kills in 5 years )

and one question, do npc fighters also get tired? or does fatigue only influence your gladiators?
Old January 30th, 2004, 10:13 PM

Private

Smapdiness is on a distinguished road

I think the quest feature as an option to training is a great idea! I'll be looking forward to the new patch.

[ January 30, 2004, 20:16: Message edited by: Smapdiness ]
Old January 30th, 2004, 11:17 PM

Private

Spags is on a distinguished road

Hi Derek
My problem that I had was the error 9 issue but I was fixed with the patch that removed the music.

OT: Well since you told me you fav team(s) my team is the team everyone loves to hate the NY Yankees. Don't worry with the team they are fielding this year they won't get to the World Series ...I think the Mariners are a cool team and a hitting team to me is beter than a slugging team...There was one year the Yankees were Last in team homers and still won the WS.

Thanks

Spags

[ January 30, 2004, 21:17: Message edited by: Spags ]
Old January 31st, 2004, 01:18 AM

Corporal

japinard is on a distinguished road

Derek - I love the game's music!