Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old June 28th, 2006, 11:31 AM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: spob37 Czechoslovakia

I have a question what do you thing what type of force should be in Czechoslovakian OOB in the wartime

- Prewar czechoslovakian army to the 1938 for AI buy all is clear

- After german anexation to the end of war partisants units but only for human buy

- In the polish books about defense war in 1939 I found a info about Czecholovakian (Czech for precision?) volunteers what fights in his own companys in the polish army Krakow in the south poland. So meaby in Czech OOB should be a Czech infantery company with polish weapons and some battles with germans and rusians in September 1939. This soliders go together with poles to the Romunia. I sugest put this force to oob and prepare a few battles for campaign generator. Many Czech went trought Romunia to the france or Middle East but many was too cath by red army and go on siberia. Question shuld be batles in poland and polish equiped units?

- What was with Czech soliders what was on exile in France they were transfered together with polish solider trought romunia hungary and italy to france? I have no info meaby were created a czech companys during fall of France? Some Czech must go on the middle east together with polish because later in 1941 in Tobruk fight a czech infantery brigade but when was created I don't know? So no many info about czech units in french army

- After fall of france czech created his fighters divisions first was 310 Sq-n in July 1940. Land forces consist on Czechoslovak 1st Infantry Brigade what fight on the desert in 1941 in Tobruk to the last fight in Tunesia. In September 1943 transfered to England and converted in Armoured brigade. Fight during siege of Dunkrik to the may 1945. Was supported by british and Canadian forces in the 1945 was reinforced by French formed from FFI forces. So now is the Question this forces what fight on the west shuld be buyble by AI and campaign generator shuld have fights for this forces? Or meaby shuld be add for OOB as only human by units?

- Czech forces in USSR created from Czech soliders captured in 1939 in poland and in majority from Czech what fights on german side and was cath by rusians. This force were created in November 1943 and now is the Question this forces are now AI buy in the game but shuld be only human buy if army on the west be prepare for computer player.

I thing what should be with Czech army if starts soon after WWII a next war betwen West and East Czech stay on western side or meaby on eastern or meaby we have fights in Germany betwen 1 armoured brigade equiped in GB against Czech equiped in Russia what do you thing?
Old June 28th, 2006, 03:41 PM

Private

PN79 is on a distinguished road

Hallo Blazejos
My future goal is to add foreign czechoslovak units into this oob. But for now I have too many work on my final work in college.

Some info about foreign czechoslovak units:
The first was in Poland. This was only small unit but some combat was there.

Next step was in France and Middle East. There were whole infantry division (up to 15000 men). 3 infantry regiments and artillery regiment were in France and one infantry regiment was in ME (offically subordinated to division).
This division was created thanks to czechoslovak embassy in France which still existed after fall of Czechoslovakia and after beginnig of war embassy started mobilisation of czechoslovak citisens in abroad.
Soldiers in ME come from Carpathia - last cape of Czechoslovakia in 17th March 1939. They withdraw to Romania after some fights with invading Hungary.

Other history is wrote by you.
But detail large group in czechoslovak units in USSR was created from captured slovak soldiers.

I also think to add slovak army from the beginnig of uprising - they declared its loyality to Czechoslovakia.

For using by AI:
In winSPMBT there was possibility to make own picklist - and above all speciality that AI will by some group of units for fighting with one enemy on one territory and another units to fight with another enemy on another territory in same period. This was very complicated and it seems that we have not this possibility for all.
So if I change this oob all except units in USSR are only for human player.

You ask on which side would Czechoslovakia fight in hypotetical ww3. If ww3 start in 1945 probably both - as there were Soviets on most of territory and US in western part of Czechoslovakia. Soviets and US withdraw in 1946. I think than would be Czechoslovakia probably neutral (if somebody do not attak). President Benes was still in power and actually western equipped tank corps had more tanks than eastern army. It is however question if communist would be able to seize power during ww3 all around.

Pavel Novak
Old June 29th, 2006, 06:55 PM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

Blazejos, just a side note, the fighting force in Africa was a Rifle Battallion, in Tobruk assigned to the Polish Carpathian Rifles brigade, later it was transformed (due to hard replacement of losses esp. in the ME theater) to light AAA battallion (40mm Bofors guns) and stationed IIRC in Alexandria, later transformed to the UK and added to the Armoured Brigade stationed already there.
Old July 19th, 2006, 07:02 PM

Private

PN79 is on a distinguished road

Hallo all
New version of czechoslovak oob is here - description and file is in the first post in this topic.
Any comments and suggestions are welcomed.
Pavel Novak