World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old February 13th, 2013, 04:27 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: RE Swedish OOB

I to had gone on a couple of Swedish military forums and with what I have already. I'm confident of the following..
1. I will ADD/SWEDEN/STRV-122B/JAN 2003//It will have better IED protection however Don makes those calculations. Most importantly side armor add on protection as well. I've seen enough from different sites now that the Swedes and Spanish have the best protected tanks in their class of LEO's they operate. This might cause a second look for both against the benchmark German LEO's of the same "origin" type, i.e. the STRV-122/B models are spall lined throughout the whole tank and top turret is more armored then any other LEO with maybe the exception of the LEO 2A7+. The ref below is representative of many and is an excellent source and also covers this para completely.
http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/leo2.htm

2. As I've said earlier EVO is an add on armor type using nano protection processes,you'll see this on LEO 2A7+, ARJUN II,
T-90AM/MS and ARMATA among others. This allows for better protection then most ERA systems, is much lighter and has little affect on size. Anyway Swedes apparently later this year for EVO. For tanks see pages 14-17. Ref covers the whole Swedish Military.
http://ointres.se/2012-02-21_Lindstrom_IAV%202012.pdf

I intend to go off line to finish the tank issues before the end of this weekend to post it. So for Don...Update as follows...
A. USA/AH-64E PKG/DONE.
B. USA/MIA2 SEP V2/DONE.
C. TANZANIA/TYPE 59G/DONE.
D. SWEDEN/STRV-122B/80%/EVO PKG TRACKING FOR NEXT YEAR.
E. INDONESIA/LEO 2A6 (GERMAN)/65% REFS IN PLACE/HAD TO PICK REPRESENTIVE LEO, BASED ON PRICE PAID AND UNITS ORDERED (NOW UP TO 105.) WILL RECOMMEND GERMAN UNIT 033. LOOKED AT 034 AND 035 TO NEW, ADVANCED AND COSTLY BASED ON SERVICE DATES. TOTALING RULED OUT IN SERVICE TYPES IN ADVNCE.
F. IRAN/ZOLFAGER/35%/HAVE UPDATES ON ALL TYPES/WILL RECOMMEND DELETE OF ZOLFAGER 2/ADD ZOLFAGER 3 WITH NEW FCS COULD BE TI/GSR 40(?) WITH ASSOCIATED ADJUSTMENTS.
G. SOUTH AFRICA/OFILANT/15%/LOOKING AT MAIN GUN TYPE ISSUES/DELETION OF 1 0R 2 UNITS AS THEY WERE NOT PUT INTO SERVICE.

Wasn't shouting above, was in caps and just wanted to finish. Btwn life and work, I'll be done here and other places until I post this.
Everyone a good night, who am I kidding, have a good morning!?!

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 13th, 2013 at 04:37 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old August 17th, 2013, 03:08 AM

Private

janm67 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RE Swedish OOB

Some notes on the Swedish OOB:
- Units 306, 307, 308, 309 (SAAB A 21) have Fire control 15... that seems excessive for a WWII-era aircraft with no special equipment.
- Units 313, 314, 315, 316 (A 32 Lansen) should have at least some EW capability. They had an RWR built in and often carried chaff pods.
- Units 317, 318, 319, 320 (J 35 Draken) on the other hand should have EW 0, they had no RWR or jammers. They should probably be Uncommon or Rare in the ground attack role.
- Units 321, 322 (Sk 60B) should not be Uncommon, in fact they were the most likely to be used for CAS.
- Unit 323 (AJ 37 Viggen with rockets) should not be Rare.
- Unit 325 (AJ 37 Viggen with bombs) should have the same fire control value as the other Viggen variants. It should not be Rare, there were huge stockpiles of these bombs. Also, the AJ 37 could carry up to 16 120 kg bombs, not just 4.
- There was a fun variant of Unit 303 (SAAB B 18) called T 18. It had two 20 mm guns and a 57 mm Bofors autocannon with 40 rounds, 100 rpm. Intended for use against landing craft and small ships, perfect for a "Defend the beach" scenario. Available from 1/47 to 12/57.
The Following User Says Thank You to janm67 For This Useful Post:
Old August 18th, 2013, 04:07 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

on the list.........

HOWEVER

The "rarity" factors although used to indicate generally if a unit should be used more or less or at all by the game also are used to direct the AI to pick a wider selection of units .

When the AI buys a unit it starts looking for one at the END of the list and works back to the start of the list and sometimes we make high numbered units rare just so the AI doesn't buy only the first thing it finds.

So I will take the info about rarity under advisement but that is all. Rarity ONLY affects how the AI picks an OOB's units as an OPPONENT and getting that adjusted isn't an end user issue.

Don

Last edited by DRG; August 18th, 2013 at 04:25 PM..
Old August 19th, 2013, 04:45 AM

Private

janm67 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Don, I did not realize how the rarity was used.
Old October 26th, 2013, 02:30 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by janm67 View Post
Thanks Don, I did not realize how the rarity was used.
As well, you wrote

Quote:
Unit 323 (AJ 37 Viggen with rockets) should not be Rare
Unit 325 (AJ 37 Viggen with bombs) should have the same fire control value as the other Viggen variants. It should not be Rare,

At the time I didn't look at the OOB.....I just did, the radio code is 92 for both ----------2 = common NOT "rare" . Rare would be 91

AS WELL........Unit 325 is a LEVEL BOMBER and level bombers DO NOT use FC

Don