.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old March 31st, 2012, 03:14 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Confused Need help with maps! Invisible heights!

Guys, I've flatten several hills of various heights only later to discover the map has retained the hill heights while looking flat. Without knowing the position of the invisible hill heights on the map, how can I assure the map is flat where it is supposed to be flat, without having to use, "Clear All Terrain From Hex - Add Level Terrain" command? It is frustrating to use this command and alternately using "Add Green Crops to Hex" to identify the invisible heights before using the [C] to flatten the hex. Help!
Old March 31st, 2012, 11:38 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need help with maps! Invisible heights!

Run your mouse over the hexes & look at the height readout.

For large flat areas load the map into the scenerio editor & set global visibility to max.
Buy a unit & deploy it to suitable locations turning it so any blocked los hexes are greyed out. This will identify the problem hexes from his viewpoint.
Old April 1st, 2012, 11:40 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Need help with maps! Invisible heights!

My eye sight, or my patience, or both is getting short these days. So, I've taken to trying to understand "Set Terrain Fill Range" and "Fill Area With Current Terrain." What I've experienced is that by setting a point on the map, I follow that action with setting a terrain fill range. After setting a fill range, I click the "Fill Area With Current Terrain" command. These actions are all preceeded with clicking "Clear All Terrain From Hex - Add Level Terrain" command.

The result appears that the declared fill range value, establishes the range in hex (horizontally and vertically) from the selected hex on the map. The fill area command will then fill the selected area defined by the fill range value with clear and level terrain (that's what I wanted)!

Whew!