.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Old June 24th, 2009, 03:52 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Russia 2

Turn 9

My gunships popped the two enemy T-72BMs skirting the south slope of the plateau. I've got my M113s going back the other way again.

Artillery continuing to relocate.

Enemy in full retreat now. No one is making a stand anywhere at the moment. I'm pushing my infantry forward across the plateau.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Two T-72BMs destroyed, estimated 10 enemy casualties.
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:06 PM

Captain

Turn 10

Some enemy light infantry is showing up. I guess it takes them a while to walk to the battlefield. Looks like just a couple of platoons up top. I've got three companies moving forward.

Spotted a few more fully functional tanks in the tank park. Managed to immobilize two of them.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 10 enemy casualties.
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:24 PM

Captain

Turn 11

Brought up some tanks to support my advancing infantry. They hit the enemy light infantry from a distance while my infantry hit them close. The enemy is holding for the moment.

Enemy artillery is hitting some of my infantry in the middle, making life rough for them.

Put a few Javelins into the enemy in the tank park, targeting the few that are still undamaged first. I got one. It's time to bring some more artillery in on them before an immobilized tank manages to do some damage.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 10 casualties.

Enemy: One T-72BM destroyed, estimated 10 enemy casualties.
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:46 PM

Captain

Turn 12

Still engaged in a fire fight with the enemy light infantry. I'm slowly moving forward, but they continue to resist. My infantry is being supported by tanks and artillery fire now.

Enemy incoming mail still hitting the middle. I'm taking some casualties, but it's hard to avoid. The enemy is hitting everywhere.

Took out a couple immobilized T-72BMs with Javelins. Artillery plotted now. I don't want to lose anything to an immobilized tank.

My M113s are scooting safely along the fringes of the plateau, so I'm sending two tank platoons in also. Not sure exactly what they will do yet. Depends on the state of things once they get south of the enemy positions.

Casualties

Enemy: Two T-72BMs destroyed, estimated 15 enemy casualties.
Old June 24th, 2009, 05:08 PM

Captain

Turn 13

The enemy is starting to drop mortar rounds on my tanks supporting my infantry. Time to move them before something more dangerous starts to drop. I'm still pushing the enemy, but they are being stubborn. Artillery and small arms are hitting them, but they are holding their line. My units are starting to circle around their northern flank and some can actually see to grassland to the east of the plateau. Not much there, but a couple of MTLBs are being troublesome. I'm too far away to take them out. I got bold with my gunships and circled them around and was able to get one. Took out a mortar team also.

My M113s are within 100m of an enemy flag. There doesn't seen to be anything south of the battlefield centerline. That would mean more if there was more than one flag down there to capture.

One Javelin team destroyed another immobilized tank in the tank park. At the same time, I noticed one of those abandoned tanks has been recrewed. I'm glad I noticed that.

Casualties

Enemy: One T-72BM, one MT-LBM-6MA and one 82mm mortar destroyed, estimated 15 enemy casualties.
Old June 24th, 2009, 05:31 PM

Captain

Turn 14

The enemy artillery is just murder and there isn't anything I can do about it. It's off board stuff and all mine is on board. Infantry moves too slowly to get out of the impact zone of really big stuff. Oh well.

Still fighting with a pocket of enemy infantry near the center. They are slowly being cut down, but too slowly. I'm not sure I can get to the flags they are covering since I'm taking too much time fighting. Friendly artillery is still hitting the.

My gunships took out two T-72MBs, but one got clipped by an ATGM and exited. The remaining one ducked into the grassland to avoid the tank that fired the missile. Friendly armor is moving up, but won't get there in time. The M113s turned the nearby flag, but are likely too far from other flags and those are too well covered anyhow.

Casualties

Enemy: Two T-72BM, estimated 15 enemy casualties.
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:15 PM

Captain

Turn 15

Most of the enemy artillery is hitting empty space now. They pretty much destroyed everything in the impact zone. At least it is staying away from the real critical areas.

Southern end of the enemy defensive pocket is starting to give way. It may be too late for me to get any flags in there, however. I've got armor coming up, but I've been killing ATGM teams with my infantry. There may be more. I'm not sure if it is worth risking my tanks or not.

I spotted three T-90As on the low ground east of the plateau. They seem to be happy staying put right now. I called in some artillery to make sure it stays that way.

Casualties

Enemy: Estimated 15 enemy casualties.

Here is a screen print of the area I'm trying to break into. It should be obvious why I'm trying to crack this nut. Five flags can be seen in the screen print. Only four turns to go unless the war gods are charitable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Russian Defensive Line.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	8399  
Old June 24th, 2009, 07:55 PM

Captain

Turn 16

Enemy artillery has taken something of a break. What is coming in is for the most part dropping smoke. That is a nice breather for a change.

Resistance pocket is starting to cave in. It looks like I might be able to get to at least two of the southern flags. The three northern flags will be more complicated. The three enemy T-90As and the one MTLB complicate the issue since I have no armor to help with them. Artillery apparently damaged one T-90A and the MTLB, but they are still alive. Unless they leave, I have to assume they are still dangerous. My two tank platoons crested the southern rim of the plateau and started providing support to the infantry. Artillery is also hitting the larger enemy pocket of resistance on the north side of their line.

My lone gunship crested the plateau and spotted a ATGM BRDM-2 and took it out. I'm sure it wasn't alone, however. My tanks need to be careful.

Casualties

Enemy: One BRDM-2 KonkursM destroyed, estimated 20 enemy casualties.
Old June 24th, 2009, 08:20 PM

Captain

Turn 17

More smoke from the enemy artillery. They also dropped some big stuff in a vacant location. No harm done from that.

Captured a one of the southern flags. I should be able to get another one in the same area, but there are a lot of Russian size 0 units around: infantry ATGM and SAM teams, scouts and marksmen. They don't do much damage, but I can't ignore them. It slows me down.

Forces are still advancing on the northern pocket. We won't get through in time, but it keeps them from going elsewhere. My tanks on the southern rim are having trouble finding targets, but I don't want to move around too much because of all the infantry ATGM spotted further north. Most don't seem to have TI, but I don't want to find one that does by accident.

I lost my last gunship. It was moving into position and got destroyed by a T-90A firing an ATGM. Both gunships were put out of action by ATGMs. SAMs aren't the only thing to worry about if it flies. I still don't know where that T-90A is located.

A Javelin team was able to get into position to destroy two of the three enemy T-90As I do know about. The last one was seen running away. Two Zeuses were spotted on the back edge of the map. No worries since I don't have anything that flies anymore.

Artillery destroyed a T-72BM that nothing else seemed to be able to draw a bead on. The MTLB in the valley is still there.

Casualties

Friendly: One AH-64D destroyed, estimated 10 casualties.

Enemy: Two T-90As and one T-72BM destroyed, estimated 20 enemy casualties.
Old June 24th, 2009, 08:44 PM

Captain

Turn 18

The enemy is dropping heavy stuff on target again. They capped one of my Javelin teams. I'll win this battle, but it could be expensive.

Pushing toward two more flags. I won't get to two flags I expected to capture, but at least I got one I didn't expect. It's worth 195 where the two I won't get to are worth 95, so I guess this works out better. Still running into those size 0 units. I'll be interested in seeing how many of those little things are still around when the battle ends.

The back edge of my northern group is what got hit by the enemy heavy artillery. My forces there weren't too dense, but I didn't like having my Javelin teams pounded.

My artillery was able to take out one of the Zeuses and I finally got that MTLB in the valley. That was a concern since it's machine guns are pretty potent.

Casualties

Enemy: One ZSU-23-4M5 and one MT-LBM-6MA destroyed, estimated 20 enemy casualties.