.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Old July 18th, 2009, 01:44 AM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Taiwan vs China - Who Turn Out The Lights?

Turn 9

North Sector: Put the torch to the abandon enemy tank and zapped the crew. Commandos spreading out again. Javelin team has spotted an APC chasing a flag about 750m to the front.

Center Sector: One scout patrol blundered into an enemy mech infantry company moving up. It took casualties, but is still active. Artillery has been plotted and my infantry is deploying in the woods to engage them. The enemy are pretty much in the center of the sector, so I've got two infantry companies available to deal with them. It shouldn't be a problem. Firing counter battery at two enemy mortars.

South Sector: More enemy rockets, but nothing else.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 10 casualties.

Enemy: One T-62II tank, estimated 5 casualties.
Old July 18th, 2009, 02:19 AM

Captain

Turn 10

North Sector: Rockets are now hitting my commandos. Those guys just don't get a break. A Javelin team destroyed the enemy APC spotted last turn.

Center Sector: Scouts took some shots at enemy motor infantry spotted. Trucks are also spotted out front, so the enemy may have two infantry companies moving forward. Still no worries. Counter battery destroyed one enemy 82mm mortar section and hit another.

South Sector: Enemy infantry and tanks advancing. Five tanks are at the road intersection and some infantry is about 300m in front of them. One of my scouts engaged them at 150m. Two enemy SPAA units busted down the road. One was destroyed, but the other destroyed an AT team.

Casualties

Enemy: One Type 63G APC, one Type 56 SPAAMG and one 82mm mortar sec destroyed, estimated 20 casualties.
Old July 18th, 2009, 02:35 AM

Captain

Turn 11

North Sector: Rockets shifted to the south a bit so casualties were light in the commando units.

Center Sector: Four enemy APCs destroyed trying to push into the woods. There are nine more visible, so I might have three enemy infantry companies in this area. Scouts and SAMs engaged the few enemy infantry squads spotted, inflicting some casualties. The enemy can't see to fire back. Counter battery hit the remaining enemy mortar again, but I'm going to have to change targets. Too much real activity to the front right now.

South Sector: Scouts took some shots at the advancing infantry, sending a few running. My infantry is taking up positions to deal with the tanks, while artillery has been plotted. A third enemy SPAA unit showed up.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Two Type 63G APC and two Type 86-I IFV vehicles destroyed, estimated 20 casualties.
Old July 18th, 2009, 02:53 AM

Captain

Turn 12

North Sector: The rockets finally stopped. My commandos can breath again. Another flag chasing APC turned up and got popped by a Javelin. The squad dropped off was engaged by two scout teams nearby.

Center Sector: One more enemy APC destroyed, while one is forcing one of my squads back. My line is being held by two platoons right now. Reserves are behind the line, but I'm holding off committing them until I find out where they will be most useful. Artillery is starting to hit the enemy forces hard.

South Sector: Destroyed on more SPAA unit, leaving one left. There were a total of eight enemy tanks advancing, but artillery got one. Enemy infantry only seems to be platoon strength at the moment. The Javelin team that had to resupply is running forward to help with the situation, while another is shifting around to the enemy left flank.

Casualties

Enemy: One Type 63G APC and one T-59II tank destroyed, estimated 25 casualties.
Old July 18th, 2009, 03:10 AM

Captain

Turn 13

North Sector: Scouts still firing on enemy squad. No other activity in sector.

Center Sector: Two more enemy APCs destroyed. There are a bunch hold position about 100m from my line so I'm going to risk cluster artillery on them. Some enemy infantry is trying to push through a small gap in the middle created by one of my squads being destroyed. My artillery is hitting the enemy hard and they've taken notice. Rockets hit one of my mortar platoons, destroying one section and causing the other to run.

South Sector: I got four more enemy tanks on or around the road. This was all done with artillery. Their infantry is running, but more are coming up so this is more like company strength. My scouts continue to fire at them through the smoke and darkness doing considerable damage.

Casualties

Enemy: One T-69II and three T-59II tank destroyed, two Type 63G APCs destroyed, estimated 35 casualties.
Old July 18th, 2009, 03:31 AM

Captain

Turn 14

North Sector: Enemy squad finally destroyed. Commandos found a tank crew and weren't very kind as well. Sector seems empty of enemy units now.

Center Sector: Enemy infantry trying to push forward, but squads that reach my line are getting chopped up. Scouts continue to work on the flanks beyond the visibility of the enemy. Artillery is still hitting the enemy infantry hard and my cluster rounds were almost perfect. Three enemy APCs destroyed and I heard a number of good "thunks". One took off running to the east. My reserve infantry is moving to close the small gap between two platoons. It's too early to say this enemy attack is stopped, but it's certainly stalled.

South Sector: Destroyed two more tanks with infantry, but one is coming up the road from the intersection. Several trucks were spotted dropping off more infantry. As with the center sector, I can't say this attack is stopped, but it is also stalled. Unlike the center, my infantry is moving forward here. Way down along the south edge, one of my scouts has crossed the north-south road into the enemy deployment zone. It is hunting down an enemy mortar section that was the target of counter battery fire earlier.

Casualties

Enemy: Two T-69II tanks, one Type 63G APCs and two Type 86-I IFV APCs destroyed, estimated 35 casualties.
Old July 18th, 2009, 01:04 PM

Captain

Turn 15

North Sector: A couple of ATGM vehicles seen along the sector border, but they don't have any anti-infantry capability so are of no concern. No other enemy sighted.

Center Sector: Enemy forces probing along my line, but are all getting thrown back. My line forces shifted, closing the gap. Reserves have stopped moving and reformed. Friendly artillery is still hitting their infantry, but it's hard to gage results. There is a group of APCs still out 100m from my line, but I'm just about out of cluster munitions. Javelin teams up north are trying to get an angle for a shot.

South Sector: Enemy tank moving forward north of the road. I've got a Javelin team that might have a shot next turn. Friendly infantry is pushing forward as the enemy infantry retreats. They got the last SPAA unit on the road. Artillery is hitting the enemy as well.

Casualties

Enemy: One Type 56 SPAAMG destroyed, estimated 20 casualties.

Screen prints of center and south sector:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Center Sector - Turn 15.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	8501   Click image for larger version

Name:	South Sector - Turn 15.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	8502  
Old July 18th, 2009, 01:22 PM

Captain

Turn 16

North Sector: Enemy infantry squad popped out of woods 500m west of north-south road. It was engaged by friendly scouts in the area.

Center Sector: Enemy infantry still poking at my line, but every one that shows up next to it gets thrown back. I just captured an objective nearby that the enemy use to have and now their infantry has shifted direction. One APC popped through some trees next to it and was engaged by two squads I had sitting there. Friendly artillery is still raining down on them. No enemy artillery is firing. Maybe they are out of rockets.

South Sector: The last known enemy tank was destroyed by a Javelin team along the south edge. Friendly forces are pushing forward. Enemy infantry is still arriving, but getting thrown back quickly.

Casualties

Enemy: One Type 59-II tank and one Type 86-I IFV destroyed, estimated 15 casualties.
Old July 18th, 2009, 01:42 PM

Captain

Turn 17

North Sector: Commandos are moving forward unopposed in sector, but are way behind other sectors. Scouts are continuing to pepper enemy squad, inflicting a few casualties. I pulled one scout back because I figure that squad isn't alone and I don't have much in the area.

Center Sector: My last cluster round scored big. It hit center mass of the enemy APC group and destroyed all five. There is a sizable pocket of enemy infantry that my artillery continues to hit. Time to bring up the reserves and push the attack. One enemy mortar started dropping rounds nearby, but no damage. The enemy infantry got close enough to one of my scouts to take a few shots.

South Sector: Still pushing forward, but the enemy is pushing more infantry into the fight. For the most part, their forces are getting chopped up. I've got a couple of 155mm guns dropping HE on the enemy making their position difficult. There are two ATGM vehicles close by, but I don't have anything for them to shoot at.

Casualties

Enemy: Two Type 63G APCs and three Type 86-I IFV destroyed, estimated 25 casualties.
Old July 18th, 2009, 02:01 PM

Captain

Turn 18

North Sector: Finally tossed back the enemy squad. It ducked back into the woods. Having only two scouts here, I probably won't chase it. Commandos are advancing further north and it isn't worth diverting them to help.

Center Sector: More fresh enemy infantry is moving in. There must have been three companies in this area. Most of the enemy forces are significantly reduced. Reserves are shifting around each flank to try to close the pocket. It will take them a few turns to get into action. Artillery continues to rain in on the enemy.

South Sector: More enemy infantry showing up here, but the reinforcements aren't concentrated enough to stop my push forward. My scout lurking in the enemy deployment zone found and engaged a mortar section.

Casualties

Enemy: Estimated 25 casualties.