.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old December 6th, 2008, 05:09 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MA Ulm Pretender

Yeah, it's pretty lumpy but that's pretty much in line with what I got. A bit less than a year to scrape up enough slaves for an empowering, then another half a year for a second empowering (leveraging the first empowering to blood hunt), then pretty steadily cranking out one then two half priced blood stones per turn after that. When I did that in my last Ulm game I ended up having 3 provinces with 10 scouts apiece by the end, cranking out two blood stones per turn and stockpiling enough slaves to pop out a robe of the magi or armor of souls every few turns. If you start right around the end of year one you'll be just ramping up production around the end of year three which is around when the real fireworks often start.
Old December 7th, 2008, 04:48 AM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalz View Post
I tell you, I did a fever fetish farm with Ulm once, and I'm never gonna do it again. It just gets to be a micro management nightmare...it got to he point that every turn I had to cycle through 50 guys to see who was getting ready to die, shuttling fresh bodies around, trying to juggle some regen items. I got so fed up with it I ended up forging regen rings for everybody...what's the ROI on that?
I recently did a fever fetish farm as Ea Oceania in MP, I got to 100+ fever fetishs and the micro only took me 5 mins per turn.

The key is renaming on. When you recruit your 12 hp fetish victim lets say, simply rename him to 1 turn before he dies. For example current turn is 21, your put a fever fetish on the 12 hp victim and rename 32. Now you can leave him all alone. Just have a quick scroll down using the F1 overall view once a turn looking for the current turn number to change the fetish to another victim.

Easy and very simple.

With renaming off, just don't bother fever fetishing! Its too much micro!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meglobob For This Useful Post:
Old December 7th, 2008, 09:08 AM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

Don't they lose 2HP every late winter though?

For more micro madness you can pre-poison the replacements so they spew gems right away without having to wait for the HP drop. I don't think I'd like to try that with a 100-fetish farm.

Yomi in CBM can got nuts with Kappas because they stay diseased with the fetish on but recuperate once you switch, so you don't need to keep hiring scouts or barbarians.

Fever-fetish scouts can also pull dual-duty blood hunting for non-blood nations.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vfb For This Useful Post: