.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 15th, 2009, 12:53 AM

BANNED USER

Frozen Lama is on a distinguished road
Default Re: *Noobieworld* Fast game for noobs! (started)

I know you guys are probably sick of me asking about hosting, but i'm over the 40 prov mark... i'm still making it, but if no one is actually against the idea, i'd like to extend the turns. I don't know if VonAltair is still reading this thread, but if any of the rest of you care, please input to see if me and caerun are the only ones who want it..

as a side note, the forges of Sauromatia are open, with much diversity, so if you need items, i can likely sell them to you in exchange most likely for gems or slaves.
Old April 15th, 2009, 02:24 AM

Sergeant

P3D is on a distinguished road

Second the extension of the turn.
Turns are pretty fast for this game anyways.
Old April 16th, 2009, 02:23 PM

Private

Von_Altair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Lama View Post
I know you guys are probably sick of me asking about hosting, but i'm over the 40 prov mark... i'm still making it, but if no one is actually against the idea, i'd like to extend the turns. I don't know if VonAltair is still reading this thread, but if any of the rest of you care, please input to see if me and caerun are the only ones who want it..

as a side note, the forges of Sauromatia are open, with much diversity, so if you need items, i can likely sell them to you in exchange most likely for gems or slaves.
When I created this game, I had few things in my mind. 1st, it has to be fast turn game for beginner level players. I basically don't like an idea to have a training game with slow speed as the game will last for ages. That in my mind, I choosed a large map and only few human players and some AI, so it would be nice environment to learn things out with fast speed.

I am sorry if my game is too fast for your timetable, but thats what it is and will be so. I announced at the start, that it will be fast turn game as subject of this thread says clearly. You maded your choice when you joined in, knowing these facts. If situation changed, you can always find a new subplayer for your country or put it as AI player. As soon as this game is over, I will create a new game with normal 24h speed or join the one which has it. This game started and will be fast until the end. I am not going to change everything, just becose the one maded mistake by misreading the game description. Others joined in just becose they wanted fast game like me. If more than half (4/6) wants to vote for change, then it will happen.

Have a nice game and I wish you find that time somehow.
Old April 16th, 2009, 02:50 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Large maps do not make for quick turns. When maps get larger, micromanagement and number of tasks increase, and it takes longer to do your turns especially if they get more complex. Now, frozen llama has the largest empire in the game. 45 provinces is a LOT of provinces. In comparison yours is about half the size, which means about half the tasks to perform, track, and coordinate.

Your game is already quite far in at 33 turns. You are at the point where most games would already be at 48 hour hosting. 24 hours seems quite reasonable at this stage of the game and would not push your turns back overly much. That said I am not playing the game so I have no vote. But that seemed an overly harsh response to a reasonably-worded request for hosting to be lengthened, imo.
Old April 16th, 2009, 02:51 PM

Private

Caerun is on a distinguished road

I was under the impression that we'd be going for 24h hosting times around the 20-30 turns mark. I seem to recall something to that effect being in the opening post but there's nothing like that there now, so am I just remembering wrong? Which is perfectly possible, mind you.
Old April 16th, 2009, 09:11 PM

BANNED USER

well rdonj and Caerun have done most of my talking for me, but one thing i'd like to point out is that our Ulm player has never appeared on the forums so he likely does not count as a vote for an extension. and simonlost has not posted, but has staled twice, and usually is last or second-to-last getting his turn in, so i think we can assume he needs more time too.
Old April 19th, 2009, 07:28 PM

Private

Just wanted to say to everyone that Frozen Lama attacked my back after my statement about timetable. We had peacedeal with us and he lyed about his unit appearings at border. Biggest nation doing such thing against someone who is already in a war. Smells badly like personal revenge as host didin't do what he wanted right away. Like I sayd earlier, time will change with 4/6 votes.

Just remember this guys name in future games. His words means nothing, they change direction like a wind.
Old April 19th, 2009, 08:31 PM

BANNED USER

while i admit to attacking him, and not being happy about the timetable, we were under no formal peace deal. he can review his private messages to check, but never was a NAP signed or any specific agreement. Also, it makes perfect strategic sense to attack the weakest human nation on my borders especially while they are busy. if that seems wrong to Abysia, i don't know what to say.

Edit: oh and he also ignored the fact that one player isn't a forum member, and another has not posted yet staled twice.
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:23 PM

BANNED USER

sigh,

I am sorry to see how nasty this thread has become.
I admit, at least 50% is my fault. For that I am sorry, and i will endeavor to be more polite from now on.

I know it appears bad, but in all honesty I am really confused right now. VonAltair, I truly don't know where you think we had a "peacedeal." I had no intention of being backstabbing. Maybe it was my own ignorance, but I always took special care to make sure I never said any definite peace terms, and always used the word "yet" regarding invading you. I am sorry if it was unclear. I also, don't like the timetable, but it had no bearing on my attacking you. Abyssia is the only Human player that I have more than a 1 province border with, so it is stratigically obvious that I would assault them soon. The fact that Abyssia was already at war has an obvious tactical appeal, since it meant he had to split his forces. This may seem distasteful, but it also a simple strategic move.

Like I said above, I apologize for how nasty this thread has become, but I feel that I am in the right here.
Old April 20th, 2009, 09:24 AM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Lama View Post
sigh,

I am sorry to see how nasty this thread has become.
I admit, at least 50% is my fault. For that I am sorry, and i will endeavor to be more polite from now on.

I know it appears bad, but in all honesty I am really confused right now. VonAltair, I truly don't know where you think we had a "peacedeal." I had no intention of being backstabbing. Maybe it was my own ignorance, but I always took special care to make sure I never said any definite peace terms, and always used the word "yet" regarding invading you. I am sorry if it was unclear. I also, don't like the timetable, but it had no bearing on my attacking you. Abyssia is the only Human player that I have more than a 1 province border with, so it is stratigically obvious that I would assault them soon. The fact that Abyssia was already at war has an obvious tactical appeal, since it meant he had to split his forces. This may seem distasteful, but it also a simple strategic move.

Like I said above, I apologize for how nasty this thread has become, but I feel that I am in the right here.

Ahh you trying to look like an angel now? I thought we don't bring this to public in our private chat, but if you try to pretend and show out like an angel fine.

It doesn't matter how you play with words and terms, facts are:
- You lied about your units at our border. You told ne they are garrisoning borders. As soon as you got enough of them, you attacked.
- You lied about our peace. You try to explain everything by words and methos, but it doesn't change the fact
- You did all this, right after my message about hosting thing. This sneaking backstab was your style to react on host and now you try to cover it with that "kindly" words?

I'll copy paste some of your PM:s considering this:
- "well i admit i find some pleasure in the sneak attack"
- "i have no remorse in attacking you. have fun with my tartarians"
- "i don't deny my dislike of the hosting scheduale, and i admit i should have read more carefully when i joined up"

I don't want to start flamewar. I just want that you get what you earn. Lying and doing backstabs won't deserve any respect/trust, especially if you do such things becose of host didin't do right away what you wanted.

Now, I just wish you a good game, hope you really enjoy you strategy