Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old April 9th, 2018, 10:22 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2018 SPWW2 Upgrade Patch

bulldozer icons?

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old April 10th, 2018, 07:49 PM

Corporal

ERISS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts4EVER View Post
Nice stuff! Guess I have to get cracking on a new campaign for next year.... Any ideas or wishes?
North Africa is one that's been overlooked but really, tackling a campaign is something that you need to feel a personal connection to.

not only has maps related to Tunisia but also includes maps for the invasions of Sicily and mainland Italy as well as the from Normandy on.
I still dream about a campaign "French 2nd Armored Division: with Leclerc, from Douala to Berchtesgaden".
Huge work, Cameroon to Germany.
https://www.cultura.com/2e-db-avec-l...402408707.html
At now I think there is only the Normandy campaign (or maybe until Strasbourg?) of old Panzer General 3D Assault.

Last edited by ERISS; April 10th, 2018 at 07:57 PM..
Old April 11th, 2018, 06:15 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Interesting idea. Will think about it. On a different note: It is very hard actually getting feedback on these campaigns. I mean, I make them in a way I like them, but does anybody else?
Admittedly any kind of feedback on something that involves as many hours of work as a campaign requires would be nice but OTOH...nobody has ever complained about them either so ..." no news is good news"....

There are a lot more people DLing and playing the games than post comments on these forums so I would NOT say no feedback at all is "a good thing" but no negative feedback IS "a good thing".....but yes, some feedback is always nice.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old April 13th, 2018, 01:40 PM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road

Maybe a Sidi Bou Zid / Kasserine Pass campaign, but it would be very close to my previous one in terms of forces.
Old April 15th, 2018, 03:01 PM

Private

Col. Sharpe, Green Jacket is on a distinguished road

i keep getting error messages when i try to launch game after downloading updates: ipdd and direct draw .. can i get some assistance?
Old April 15th, 2018, 03:20 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Sharpe, Green Jacket View Post
i keep getting error messages when i try to launch game after downloading updates: ipdd and direct draw .. can i get some assistance?
That usually happens when you are trying to drive your monitor at a resolution it cannot handle.

A nice thing to know - is it the free demo or the full game?.

If it is the free demo then you may be trying to drive a modern monitor at 800x600 (or possibly even 640x480) in full screen mode. Some modern monitors wont go below 1024 wide these days.
- If so, select windowed mode on page 1 of the game launcher and the game will play in a window on the desktop.

If it is the full game (CD Version), then again the best start is to select windowed mode, as full screen mode is an unsupported legacy from MSDOS days and square (4:3) monitors and its 256 colour mode causes problems with modern versions of Windows.
Windowed mode uses the full 32 bit colour palette so it plays properly with windows post XP.
Select desktop for the screen resolution - not one of the legacy modes like 1024x768 which are for old style CRT monitors.
Desktop resolution reads your current windows desktop mode and uses that and so deals with modern wide-screen monitors.
Old April 15th, 2018, 03:37 PM

Private

Col. Sharpe, Green Jacket is on a distinguished road

thanks hack that was solution
Old April 29th, 2018, 10:55 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Interesting idea. Will think about it. On a different note: It is very hard actually getting feedback on these campaigns. I mean, I make them in a way I like them, but does anybody else?
I have not played one of your campaigns ( yet ) but I did play Pebbles in the flood the other day and will again I am sure.

Old April 29th, 2018, 01:21 PM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road

Oh right, that was the first one I made! My style (and skills with the editor) have developed quite a bit since then... I might actually play it myself, because I can barely remember. When was that added? I think I may still have been in school back then!
Old April 29th, 2018, 02:17 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Oh right, that was the first one I made! My style (and skills with the editor) have developed quite a bit since then... I might actually play it myself, because I can barely remember. When was that added? I think I may still have been in school back then!
Near as I can tell it was added 6 years ago WinSPww2 version 5.0 -- released March 2012

Since V11 was release, spring has been a bit slow arriving here so I've added ( to date ) 189 new and/or Revised Icons including major revisions to most of the Trucks in the games and how that started I was loading and checking scenarios at random and noticed that there are a lot of scenarios that use trucks and many were inappropriately coloured to the season or the scale seemed off so there has been a major change there and your scenario was one where there were a lot of trucks and that generated a bit of "creativitiy" with it using ScenHack

OLD

NEW

The trucks have three colour camo to match the rest of the vehicles and are reworked to look more like Opels and each of the Tigers has a different Icon for camo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	old.png
Views:	364
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	15375   Click image for larger version

Name:	new.png
Views:	363
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	15376