winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old December 28th, 2014, 02:03 PM

Corporal

KAreil is on a distinguished road
Default Re: obat46 Austria

Thanks for all the input!

I agree, that for scenario design it is better to just use the unit editor.

My goal in fact is to update the OOB itself.

When I first found this game some years ago I was thrilled with the very well researched country databases. Even small countries liky my Austria were pretty well represented.

By now I noticed some differences from the game to the real world and I wanted to help updating the stock OOB for future patches.

I know that there's a development pause right now and that the next patch will take it's time, but still I hope my research (and prepared OOB) will be taken into account.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KAreil For This Useful Post:
Old January 29th, 2015, 01:44 AM

Corporal

Shan is on a distinguished road

Guys, esp. KAreil, hold on...!

I've been AWOL for a while but am now back, getting the game running again with the latest patch. Some years back I've been working on a complete overhaul of the Austrian OOB together with some other users (Siddhi, Plasmakrab...).

I still have it and, spare time permitting, as soon as I got it running again on v8.0(R), I'll post it here and you can take a look at it and feel free to improve it!

You'll be delighted to see it is very detailed - we included Jagdkampf units (not to be confused with Jagdkommando, for those of you who take serious interest...) units, for example, airmobile JgB25, 'Garde', even 'Ehrengarde', of course mountain infantry, all kinds of bunkers and lots of other little things, pack horses and whatnot... - it's definitely something for cold war lovers!

The only problem I reckon could be with the .lbms - I just copied them from my old version to the newest installation, so they're all there but as we included lots of new, nice authentic .lbms I'd have to look them up and include them with the patch...
Old January 29th, 2015, 12:46 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: obat46 Austria

Except of the added headache of the deep defense cuts, the Jagdpanzer Kürassier tank destroyers and the Saurer tracked armored vehicles were already on my work list for an end date change. And I had only basic information on what Hungary got out of this situation which I'll have to rebuild since my last computer crash. Hopefully these are somewhat in order...
http://geneva-globaldefence.blogspot...t-in-army.html
http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Sec...4661335199273/
http://www.thelocal.at/20141003/army...e-ranging-cuts
http://www.janes.com/article/44220/a...cuts-programme
http://www.janes.com/article/47661/u...e-cuts-package
http://www.bundesheer.at/english/dyn...el.php?id=4258
http://www.bundesheer.at/english/index.shtml

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old January 29th, 2015, 01:42 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

In Dec 2010 it's " Austria Plans Massive Cut in Army Equipment " and "The Jagdpanzer Kürassier tank destroyers and the Saurer tracked armored vehicles will all be retired and sold and scrapped"
and in October 2014 - it's " Austria's Minister of Defence and Sports Gerald Klug presented a wide-ranging restructuring package for the Armed Forces" and in Jan 2015 it's "Austria confirms defence cuts package"

and none of that offers any real details so if someone HAS real details let me know because all I would be doing now is guessing. They were talking about cuts for FOUR YEARS. Austrian Wiki says of the Kürassier---- "Currently, all tanks of this type are discarded" and I will be happy to end them 12/2014 .... IF THAT'S TRUE

So....... anyone have any HARD info so I don't have to guess ??

Don
Old January 30th, 2015, 03:41 AM

Lieutenant General

This shouldn't surprise to many after all, it's not like I haven't been down this road before...yup it just went to the Austrian MOD a few minutes ago. The best I can give you for now is mid-2012 to 2013 for the Jagdpanzer Kürassier and Saurer and the rest to be completed by 2017 as far as the force reductions are concerned. I'll post any feedback (or lack thereof) here. In the meantime since your "hitting it" Italy has stolen all the our plans for and have secretly been flying the F-35 since 2010!!!! I'll generate that list of dates and countries hopefully in the next couple of days. It won't be before 1/2019 if at all for the foreign buyers based on what we know and have recently posted on the U.S. dates in the Jet/Plane Thread. One or two have dropped out already and another Canada is thinking about doing the same as well. You might just want to "999" them until we get a better picture and that might be easier and quicker for you in the short term.

But again to Austria below is what I sent them.

Hello,
I was wondering have the defense cuts been instituted that were announced back in 2010? For instance when were the Jagdpanzer Kürassier tank destroyers and the Saurer tracked armored vehicles retired from active service? And did Hungary receive any of your weapons. I've included this as one of the sources used, http://www.janes.com/article/44220/a...cuts-programme plus others to include your own site. I'm trying to update the Austrian OOB for armored tactical game WinSPMBT and any help at least concerning the status of the Jagdpanzer Kürassier tank destroyers and the Saurer tracked armored vehicles would be deeply appreciated.

Regards,
Pat Conklin
USN/SS Ret.

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old January 30th, 2015, 12:59 PM

Lieutenant General

First Update:

Re: Anfrage abgesendet ueber bundesheer.at
Actions

Bürgerservice (buergerservice@bmlvs.gv.at)
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: Patrick J. Conklin
buergerservice@bmlvs.gv.at
Dear Mr. Conklin,

Thank yor for your e-mail. We have sent it to the responsible department for reply.

Best regards,
Bürgerservicestelle/BMLVS

Regards,
Pat

Old January 31st, 2015, 05:29 AM

Corporal

Guys,

yes it's a fact that due to austerity measures there are several changes due - the Kuerassier has been decomissioned before though. So were several other systems, such as the JaPz Jaguar and the 20mm AA guns.

So far we know that the most important major weapon systems will 'only' be reduced in numbers, but they'll all remain available, e.g. Leopard 2A4, M109A5OE, Mistral, mortars, helos, 35mm Skyguard. The Ulan IFVs will of course remanin active as well. The Saurer SpZ are to be decommissioned, but are still there - not in an infantry carrier role though, just for supporting purposes. This role will be taken over by Iveco LMV and existing Dingo I and IIs.

Another thing that's always been in the OOB is the Pandur II - unfortunately it's never been ordered by Austria, and since the production facility over here is just being closed down, it's most unlikely it will ever be. Same thing goes for the GHN-45 gun howitzer - it was only tested and fielded for advertising purposes for export customers or so but it's always been in the OOB. In fact, other than 105s which were decommissioned back in the 1990s, we only had M-109s as artillery for a long time.

I don't think it's gonna be of any use to contact the MoD but there are several private websites available which could help - such as doppeladler.com or bundesheer-infoecke.at (?).

I'll post our OOB project as promised and you can take a look at it, unfortunately I'm at work this weekend...
Old January 31st, 2015, 09:33 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

The Pandur II WAS in the OOB but it was removed this year for the reasons stated but IDK where you see the GHN-45 gun howitzer ........it's in the weapons list but it's not used by any unit and it's been like that for years
Old January 31st, 2015, 11:29 AM

Corporal

ok Don, I was just speaking from my memory and have to get used to the latest version first, never mind, it used to be there in an older version. If it's gone like the Pandur II, fine, one thing less to do.

Unfortunately I am at work today and can't check this out myself...
Old January 31st, 2015, 11:37 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

The GHN-45 was removed from the Austrian OOB sometime between 2005 and 2007 so getting close a decade it's been gone from the MBT OOB's