Old June 30th, 2005, 01:52 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Weirdest bug yet

Quote:
SCAJolly said:
It's Thursday. Got a look at it yet?
Yes, we looked I looked at it when you sent it. We're juggling a lot ATM. It's on the to-do list

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 30th, 2005, 03:08 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK let's Review all of this

I opened up the turn you sent for Save slot 15. It's the "nilth" one that shows the very end of your first battle and brings you to the repair \ upgrade screen. When I started it the second time I got a "Special battle" notice as you mentioned in your initial report so I should be seeing what you were seeing

Did you see the "funny > mark on their names" at the end of the list on page 2?? If yes, I see them as well

I buy some support troops and now these two ">" orphans have attached themselves to my infantry Coy as Q0 and R0

I deploy the units and find Q0 and R0 and here is where we diverge a bit. When I click on either of those units the in the Roster I don't see the enemy force list and when I quit deploy and start the game they stay on my side of the map

So...... we have a problem with those two orphans attaching themselves like they do but I need a memory refresher... did you buy either of those M113a1 FOO or NM142's as support or core when you first set up the game?? Or did they just magically appear?

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 30th, 2005, 03:25 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

One more thing

When you bought yor core did you do a lot of buying then deleting then more buying and deleting to build you core?

When I buy snipers the > units don't change untill I get to "Q" then the m113 becomes the Q and the NM142 becomes the R. When I buy a tank squadron then check the M113a1 FO becomes the Q0 and the NM142 becomes the R0. The same thing happens no matter what I buy so I'm thinking here that these two units were once "Q" and "R" then their formations were deleted ??

Old June 30th, 2005, 04:10 PM

Corporal

SCAJolly is on a distinguished road

To the first question: Yes.

As for buying the M113 and NM142 as support, core or anything else, I can't say that with confidence. It's a good possibility I bought a formation and then deleted it.

I remember that in the enemy roster, I did not notice (BUT I did not look carefully) any platoons of T-80s, of which there were plenty in the following game. Only T-64s. However, I may have missed "tank coy" slots. In any way, it looked as if the enemy roster had been designed separately from the friendly roster, by that it did not contain the black background with green letters. Nor did it contain the ability to lend control of a platoon to the CPU (which should be obvious ).

I'm guessing that some formation routine for Special Missions need to be looked at.
Old June 30th, 2005, 06:29 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
SCAJolly said:
To the first question: Yes.

As for buying the M113 and NM142 as support, core or anything else, I can't say that with confidence. It's a good possibility I bought a formation and then deleted it.

I remember that in the enemy roster, I did not notice (BUT I did not look carefully) any platoons of T-80s, of which there were plenty in the following game. Only T-64s. However, I may have missed "tank coy" slots. In any way, it looked as if the enemy roster had been designed separately from the friendly roster, by that it did not contain the black background with green letters. Nor did it contain the ability to lend control of a platoon to the CPU (which should be obvious ).

I'm guessing that some formation routine for Special Missions need to be looked at.
The problem here is I see the two orphan units but I don't know how you got them and neither do you which makes reproducing that aspect of this prolem difficult.

I can see the Orphans which is one "good" thing, What I have to do now is try to reproduce this so that I end up with two units totally divorced from the main list. That's not likely to happen soon as I have a few dozen other things on the to-do list that need attention that don't require hours of trial and error testing. You're the one who bought these in the first place. Go back and try to reproduce what you did and if you can tell me what you did becasue this is something nobody at anytime in the past has come across. This is totally unique.

The ememy list is another thing I cannot reproduce and don't see in any save you sent and I have had two "special missions" appear while testing and none gave me the other side.

All I can suggest is next time, if you see this again, make a save right away and send it out to us and right down exactly what you did ASAP. We'll do what we can to puzzle out why those two orphans keep wanting to be Q0 and R0's but the rest is impossible to test for ATM

Don

Old June 30th, 2005, 07:00 PM

Corporal

I was again allowed to watch the enemy's formation.

I loaded last turn of the first battle, repaired all units and did not buy anything. REGULAR mission, assault, I saw >-mark on both NM142 and M113

Auto deploy, then I click on E0 (NM142). Now, the duplicate, fake NM142 with the funny mark was ALSO E0, but looked as if it had not been deployed (was standing on the last line. I could not find the M113).
I moved the fake E0 about a bit, and then I pushed "Roster" (important: While it was selected). I see it as leader of plt E in the Russian army:
NM142
Inf sec x3
RPG-7V

I start the game, and the units are located with the enemies (but certainly, certainly are not treated well).
The roster I saw when I entered the plt details were nbt like the first time, but I shall have a further look at this. I will have to hop around with the first turns of the first battle as well.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 363175-SpSv049.zip (322.7 KB, 109 views)
Old June 30th, 2005, 07:25 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK, I'll try to duplicate this later this evening. Can you do this repeatedly??

Don

Old June 30th, 2005, 08:40 PM

Corporal

Again and again and again and again.
Old June 30th, 2005, 09:46 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I see it now. OK NOW I have something to debug.

Don