BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old February 27th, 2017, 02:47 AM

Corporal

Spledge is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Appcrash

Crud, after deleting the previous install and then reinstalling them from the CD, the game crashes again at the same point. The previously downloaded v9 patch was also run after the main game files were installed. Unless it's the v9 patch that was corrupted, I'm out of ideas.
Old February 27th, 2017, 08:31 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Do you have a save of the campaign from before it used your modified OOB?. If so, then go back to that point and try to go on from there, since if the save is referencing modified stuff it may have a problem now you have gone back to the stock one and it is referencing now-deleted items.
Old February 27th, 2017, 08:57 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Appcrash

If this is the same campaign that keeps crashing the only and most obvious thing that needs to be done is stop running a corrupted campaign. DELETE IT and move on

This is YOUR issue, nobody else's and not the game or we would have heard about it before now

We keep hearing the same thing over and over
Quote:
..... the game crashes at the same point in that campaign.
You have been asked
Quote:
Is this campaign that is crashing a User Campaign, or a regular WW2 LC, or a generated campaign?.
but you ignore the question and pop up again saying
Quote:
after deleting the previous install and then reinstalling them from the CD, the game crashes again at the same point.
so it's obvious to everyone but you that the problem is your campaign but we don't even know what kind of campaign it is because you haven't told us

Don

Last edited by DRG; February 27th, 2017 at 09:06 AM..
Old February 27th, 2017, 05:23 PM

Corporal

The tone of that last response seems a bit rude.

Forgive me for over looking some of the early posed questions. I thought the suggestions offered were followed.

The campaign was one provided by either the CD or the v9 patch; the campaign is Roundhammer. I did modify the total points available during the purchasing phase using the edit campaign option after modifying some units months ago with no incident in the mean time.

As for the older modified units (I believe that is what the OOB stores and was modified using Mobhack provided modifier found in the Game Option interface), they have been over written during the last re-install.

Thanks for the help.
Old February 27th, 2017, 08:25 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spledge View Post
The tone of that last response seems a bit rude.

Forgive me for over looking some of the early posed questions. I thought the suggestions offered were followed.

The campaign was one provided by either the CD or the v9 patch; the campaign is Roundhammer. I did modify the total points available during the purchasing phase using the edit campaign option after modifying some units months ago with no incident in the mean time.

As for the older modified units (I believe that is what the OOB stores and was modified using Mobhack provided modifier found in the Game Option interface), they have been over written during the last re-install.

Thanks for the help.
Well.......at least we now know which campaign was causing the problem. Pity we got ,,,,"at the end of a campaign's turn number one" in the first post instead of "at the end of the Roundhammer campaign's turn number one"....maybe we all could have quit guessing and actually test the campaign in question 10 days ago..... that campaign has been in there for years and this is the first report I am aware of any problem

EDIT

I Ran the campaign. Bought forces then deployed, I then made the first turn move, ended turn 1. Turn 2 started. Game did not crash... ran game to end of that scenario ( as designers we can speed that up for testing ) it ended, let me fix or upgrade my force and on to scenario 2. I forced a victory for that and it went to the upgrade screen then on to scenario 3. There is no problem I can see with that campaign

Last edited by DRG; February 27th, 2017 at 08:50 PM..
Old March 18th, 2017, 12:15 AM

Corporal

To close this ticket/issue...

In the end, the app's files were deleted, reinstalled and the campaign ran through to the second battle without incident by not modifying units.

Thanks for the time and attention earlier.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spledge For This Useful Post: