.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Dungeon Odyssey

Old August 29th, 2002, 06:53 PM

Private

dummy is on a distinguished road
Default Demo needs minor fix

I noticed while playing that if you summon more than three monsters, they will prevent you from moving into a town.

Try this, summon four monsters in the wilderness (map 1 I believe), then enter the town. When the town map loads, you will be unable to move into the town becuase your summoned monsters bloack any forward movement.
The end result is that you have to kill some of your summoned monsters just so you can move into the town. Please fix this.

I don't know if this was planned or not, but I am finding instances where I can do absolutely no damage to enemy monsters.
This occurs when they have either 2 iron caparice, or 1 steel carapice. Magic weapons, summoned monsters, and spells do zero damage- even the majic items that are supposed to dish out damage everytime you are hit does nothing.
Was this intended? If not, how the heck do you kill these things?

I also notice that I am sometimes able to kill monsters with a steel carapice and sometimes not... however, I generally run into the situation of not being able to kill them with every other export.

The "ranger" character is completely unusable as a legitimate character. Since arows cannot be combined (even similar magical ones) they each take up one item space. There seems to be only a disadvantage by playing the ranger since his bonus is using ranged weapons- but using those ranged weapons negates the advantages becuase you end up losing item space. Please allow similar arrows to be combined, and do not use valuable item space for the arrows- how about a seperate quiver or something?

I'm not sure if this is only for the demo, but it would be nice if we could configure the intital mage or priests spells in the begining- right now, we start off we preselected fire spells- some may wish to avoid fire in lieu of other specialties.

Is there a way to allow monsters to open doors? Those monsters I can't kill (refrenced above) I simply lure into a room with a door and lock them inside- the monsters never open the doors. Mayge it could be set up that they can open only those doors the player has opened- or some have the ability, others don't- either way, i feel what i am doing is kinda cheating... if you can't beat em, lock em up?

Can the AIbe modified to make the monsters attack as a group- I find that it becomes exceedingly easy to kill mobs of monsters by finding areas where they move in single file.

Otherwise, great game- i am looking forward to playing the full Version... I have ordered it to be shipped, but I am wondering if it wouldn't be easier and faster to just download it.... any comments on this issue would be appreciated.

Alott