.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old October 29th, 2004, 12:06 PM

Captain

Aku is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jotunheim

I vote for the cradle map too so we have the vote finished for it.

About victory conditions...games usually always tend to have a winner you can outright see. Comon if one empire has over half the map they probably cant be stopped unless the other half all unite to try to stop him. I say we just play it out and see what happens.

I am going to do a quick run in sp to test my ryleh pretender then upload it. So far only Jotumheim has uploaded so far.
Old October 29th, 2004, 12:34 PM

Private

Saeter is on a distinguished road
Default Too late?

Is it then too late to join? I'd like to join as man if possible.
Old October 29th, 2004, 01:04 PM

Captain

Aku is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Too late?

We currently have 11 players for the map and I am not sure if the map we chose can handle more. It is Grim's decision though since he is in charge of this game.

Also my pretender is uploaded now.

So that makes it Jotum and Ryleh are uploaded.
Old October 29th, 2004, 02:23 PM

Corporal

Grim Knight is on a distinguished road

Sorry Seater, I think we are all full up. The Cradle Map with 10 land and 1 water race is about as full as it can get, the designer of the Map lists it as for 8 to 10 players so we are already over the recommended limit as it is.

My pretender is uploded now as well.

Grim Knight
Old October 29th, 2004, 03:33 PM

Corporal

The Initiate rushes frantically up the steep, gleaming white, steps of the House of Fiery Justice. He is panting loudly as he holds his red robes up over his knees to avoid triping over them in his haste.

At Last he reaches the top of the stairs and bursts through the doors, only to be imediatly stoped by two Men-at-Arms who demand to know his business.

After panting helplessly for a couple of minutes he manages to gasp out, "River ... gasp ... Yellow! Must ... pant ... tell ... our lord."

"Alright then," mutters the guard. "Why didn't ya say so in the first place?" he asks rhetorically. "You'll have to go talk to Inquisitor Ponce Pendergrast, to get an appointment with High Inquisitor Ortega Otwell, who will in turn decide if you warrant an audience with Caramont the Cardinal, then if he deems your news important enough he will pass it along to our great lord." He then waves the initiate through into the magnificent domed entry hall of the building.

As the Initiate begins to walk past the guard points across the room and to the right, "Start by talking to Sargent Santiago, he will decide if you can speak to Ponce. Good Luck." He then returns his attention to the doors he is charged with guarding.

12 hours and many appointments later the young initiate is finally in front of Cardinal Caramont.

"Speak up boy and be quick about it, you have no idea how freaking busy I am." Says the Cardinal as he stands still with his arms out to his sides so the seamstress atending him can measure him for a new robe.

The tired and frustrated young initate speaks up in a sonorous monotone. "The river has turned yellow."

"Well why in the Great Lord's name didn't you say so. Jumpin Jehosefat kid, how long ago was this noted!" he says as he hurriedly shoos the seamtress out of his way and rushes towards you.

"About three quarters of a day by now." The initiate gets out with a distinct sound of treipedation in his voice.

"Dang nabbit kid. Do you realize what this means? You do don't you? You must if you left your river watching post to come here. This is of the utmost importance, why did it take so long to get to my ears?" Yells the Cardinal in a voice that sounds close to hysteria.

"Well first I had to get an appointment with Inquisitor Pendergrast, so I could get an appointment with ..." the initiate starts to explain.

"Flames from the Sky kid, never mind the details, I must tell our great lord immediatly." He says as runs out of his office past an honor guard of 40 Men-at-Arms and 4 Royal Guards standing at attention in his Foyer.

The iniate picks up his robes and hurries to keep up, as they exit the room and run down a hall lined with countless more royal guards the Cardinal keeps emitting a steady stream of curses each more colorful than the Last.

As the enter the Foyer of the Great Lord, which is only accessible after passing through the Cardinals Foyer and the well guarded hall, Cardinal Caramont Tells the initiate to, "Wait for me here!"

The Cardinal Rushes past the guards and into the personal chambers of the Great Lord, Grim Knight, the one unseen by any but the Cardinal Himself. In his haste the Cardinal does not even pause to knock.

A few minutes later a great and powerful voice his heard booming forth from the Great Lords Chambers, "If the river runs Yellow it can mean only one thing. The pretender of the great Jotun Oafs has arrived. So it has begun if the Jotuns have a pretender than doubtless all of the great nations do as well. I was hoping for more time to plan and plot. Alas, it was not to be. Prepare the Army and begin the Attack... we must first bring all these stinking Indepents into the warmth of my embrace. Stoke the Fires the Inquisition must spread. My army shall march at Dawn!"

The iniate collapses on the floor in exhaustion and absolute wonder, he got to hear the voice of his God.

The next morning when he awoke he found himself on a Horse Marching at the front of an Army with a note informing him of his promotion to Witch Hunter and his command of the Army behind him. At the bottom of the note were written the omnious words... "Do not fail me, kid." The note was signed by Cardinal Caramont.

Grim Knight
Old October 29th, 2004, 04:39 PM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road

Grim,

You, as host, ought to go ahead and start a new thread. This one is long enough as it is. You can post the players and races, the settings, the IP and port number, and anything else pertnent to the upcoming match. Just pick the number of provinces requred to win and let us know what you selected. Also, put in the title that the game is not open for new players.

I think Cradle has been agreed to by enough players already so we might as well use it. I looked at the Zen Version 1.4 of the map and it seemed to work extremely well as far as starting provinces. It is a good choice for the map file, imho.

Good writing by you and Steerpike, by the way. I have a distinct feeling that I am really going to enjoy this particular game. I too am putting together a pre-game post, but all the details are not yet worked out.

Also, I think that you and Steerpike both should move your Posts to the new thread so we have everything there for a good start to the AARs.

My pretender is mostly done now and will be uploaded sometime this evening.

Panther
Old October 29th, 2004, 05:33 PM

Corporal

I have started the New Thread so Future Posts on this Game Should go there, Thread Title is Another Newbie Slugfest.

Grim Knight.
Old October 29th, 2004, 05:58 PM

Private

Saeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Grim Knight said:
Sorry Seater, I think we are all full up.
Sure, no problem. I'll find another game. In case someone doesn't show up just send me a note.

/Saeter